JT Thompson - VA Tech transfer

No doubt. Bust is arguing we should our last schollie to grab a JuCo SG, which I disagree with.

I’d take JTT over a JUCO big since it leaves the 2013 schollie open. Plus, JTT has plenty of D1 experience against good teams.

[quote=“Powerbait, post:56, topic:26658”]Well, we have 4 wing players that played significant minutes last year and 1 front court player.
So, we need more experience in the front court.[/quote]
Fair enough.

I don’t want the JUCO as our secondary scoring threat. We just need some real threat from outside to be there so they don’t just pile inside. I want someone we can count on outside, and can play decent D - but yea, we would probably already be after him. I don’t really know what the JUCO pool is usually like, but I’d think there’d be SOMEBODY out there that can fill this role.

Go JTT!!! :smiley: Charlotte’s the place to be!

I’m not gonna say he’s gonna have other people wetting themselves, but he is an upgrade over KJ.

Hopefully he’s not the same as KJ. A guy who had talent but is no longer effective due to knee problems.

you could add this to your prayer-list, LAN. :stuck_out_tongue:

According to Thompson, he is supposed to visit Charlotte soon.

Sounds good, just need him to be able to get that extra year of eligibility.

http://www.hokiesports.com/mbasketball/players/thompson_jt.html
This bio is encouraging for what we need. A hungry player with loads of experience to mentor the two freshman PFs in a single stop-gap year. Could contribute around 6-7 ppg, 4-5rpg, and shoot around 50%. I have read where he is a team player with a sacrificial attitude.

RT @GoodmanCBS: Virginia Tech transfer JT Thompson told CBSSports he is looking at Charlotte and Winthrop. Will visit winthrop this weekend.

Wow, going up against Kelsey pretty quickly in a recruiting battle. Kinda suprised. Winthrop was 12-20 in the big south last year, will have a new coach, and lost their top 4 scorers (all seniors). Their highest returning scorer averaged 5 pts a game. If he can convince JT to go there for his last year, then he really is a great recruiter.

Winthrop has nothing…but alot of guaranteed playing time to offer. I don’t think we can match that…if that’s what he’s looking for.

If it’s playing time that he’s looking for, they definitely own that one. We should be a better team this year, my guess is he’d rather win at this stage.

[quote=“2k, post:73, topic:26658”]If it’s playing time that he’s looking for, they definitely own that one. We should be a better team this year, my guess is he’d rather win at this stage.[/quote]I don’t know. He’d be going up against freshmen at the PF at Charlotte, if we assume that Braswell plays mostly center. Unless he’s not fully recovered from the injury, or Clayton is lights out, then he’ll probably get plenty of time here given his experience and scoring ability. I’d think playing time opportunity is pretty similar, or else Charlotte doesn’t really need him to transfer here (I’m of the opinion he could help us out quite a bit).

The difference is he could play 40 min/gm there, and maybe like 30 min/gm here. He’ll still get plenty here, just not as much as he would there with 4 seniors graduating.

Sadly, I don’t think there is much difference between the programs right now.

We don’t play in a bomb shelter that smells like dirty feet.

Their coach also has those killer MS Paint skillz. You know, the thing that seperates the great ones from the rest.

If JT sees those promo posters we have no chance.

Winthrop has to play in to the NCAA Tourney via winning the conference. We could earn an At-Large (not saying we’re going to, but there is a big difference because of the conference).

Winthrop has to play in to the NCAA Tourney via winning the conference. We could earn an At-Large (not saying we’re going to, but there is a big difference because of the conference).[/quote]I’d say right now that Winthrop has a better chance of winning the crappy Big South than we do of getting an at large in a tough league.