Judy Rose profiled in Charlotte Weekly

Nice cover article on our AD in the January 7-13th edition of The Charlotte Weekly. No link to article on their website, so pick up a copy at your local Harris-Teeter, etc.

GO NINERS!!!

I wonder if Metro will get his copy signed and framed???

[i]Originally posted by Jimmyhat49er[/i]@Jan 6 2005, 10:10 AM [b] I wonder if Metro will get his copy signed and framed??? [/b]
Brother Metro and others of "that" opinion, need to give it a REST.

WOW, I’m impressed. I knew Judy was the AD for the Charlotte 49ers.

According to this article, she appears to also be the AD at UNCC.

[i]Originally posted by SilvioDante[/i]@Jan 6 2005, 02:24 PM [b] WOW, I'm impressed. I knew Judy was the AD for the Charlotte 49ers.

According to this article, she appears to also be the AD at UNCC. [/b]

Silvio, the reality is that Judy is the AD at The University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Likewise, Dick Baddour is the AD at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. We can call 'em the Charlotte 49ers, Carolina Tar Heels, etc., but that doesn’t change the official/legal name of the institution.

[i]Originally posted by run49er+Jan 6 2005, 03:09 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (run49er @ Jan 6 2005, 03:09 PM)

I for one am so friggin tired of the whole name issue. Call us whatever you want. I don’t care anymore. Call us UNC, UNCC, UNC-C, UNC Charlotte, UNC-Charlotte, UNC at Charlotte, Charlotte, Chuck, Bill, Tom, etc. I am just so tired of the whole thing. Obviously the University doesn’t care so from now on I don’t either.

Sincerely,

a graduate from “that” school

NUN, we have a lame-duck Chancellor. Nothing will change under his watch.
We do have a search committee for the new chancellor. I can get the names of those on that committee if you or anyone else want to email them your well thought out ideas on what you want in a new chancellor.

[i]Originally posted by NinerUpNorth[/i]@Jan 6 2005, 05:47 PM [b] Chuck, Bill, Tom, etc. [/b]
haven't heard of those but i like em :P
[i]Originally posted by NinerUpNorth[/i]@Jan 6 2005, 04:47 PM [b] I for one am so friggin tired of the whole name issue. Call us whatever you want. I don't care anymore. Call us UNC, UNCC, UNC-C, UNC Charlotte, UNC-Charlotte, UNC at Charlotte, Charlotte, Chuck, Bill, Tom, etc. I am just so tired of the whole thing. Obviously the University doesn't care so from now on I don't either.

Sincerely,

a graduate from “that” school [/b]

I agree. I’ve never really cared one way or the other. It seems that those really wrapped up in it are dealing with some sort of inferiority complex.

My view may be different than others because I grew up in Boston where UNC-Charlotte is a well recognized and respected name because we heard it everytime Cornbread was introduced at the Garden.

[i]Originally posted by 49er1+Jan 6 2005, 12:46 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (49er1 @ Jan 6 2005, 12:46 PM)

Amen Metro! We need more voices like yours! Wooo Hoooo Title IX we rock!

[i]Originally posted by metro[/i]@Jan 17 2005, 10:59 AM [b] we are dead last in athletic budgets for CUSA.

[/b]

Yeah, most teams in C-USA have football. Take football out of the equation and then compare budgets and profitability. We’ve made money over the past decade. According to the article below, thus we are one of only 12 institutions that make money on Athletics.

College sports finances targeted

College sports finances targeted
NCAA to create task force to study growing financial demands on athletic departments.

By Mark Alesia
mark.alesia@indystar.com
January 14, 2005

The NCAA will announce today the creation of a task force of school presidents to study financial issues in college sports, said Wally Renfro, senior adviser to NCAA president Myles Brand.

Brand said fewer than 12 college athletic departments are truly self-sustaining, although that has been the NCAA’s officially stated goal for all Division I athletic programs since the late 1970s.

Indiana University’s athletic department has lost more than $5million in the past three years, according to reports required by the federal Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act.

“Congratulations to the few, but it is unrealistic to pressure the vast majority of athletics departments to become self-sufficient,” Brand said.

[i]Originally posted by LeftyNiner+Jan 17 2005, 11:24 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (LeftyNiner @ Jan 17 2005, 11:24 AM)
[i]Originally posted by metro[/i]@Jan 17 2005, 11:48 AM [b] Yeah, most teams in C-USA have football. Take football out of the equation and then compare budgets and profitability. We've made money over the past decade. According to the article below, thus we are one of only 12 institutions that make money on Athletics.

lefty,
you amaze me with your unwaivering rear kissing and ability to attempt to shift the focus of the conversation. now pay attention:

[/b]

Yeah and you amaze me with your unwaivering bitch and moan tactic on this message board. You just dug up a thread from 11 days ago that was completely dead JUST TO POST YOUR SAME OLD TIRED RHETORIC. We get your point.

Nice timing, too. We’re 12-2, 3-0 in conference and about to play a HUGE game wed night. Most people are getting ready for that game. You???

[i]Originally posted by LeftyNiner+Jan 17 2005, 12:52 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (LeftyNiner @ Jan 17 2005, 12:52 PM)
[i]Originally posted by metro[/i]@Jan 17 2005, 01:34 PM [b] And no I am not excited about the game, can't even watch it for gods sake. [/b]
It's on ESPN2.
[i]Originally posted by LeftyNiner+Jan 17 2005, 01:42 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (LeftyNiner @ Jan 17 2005, 01:42 PM)
[i]Originally posted by metro+Jan 17 2005, 01:45 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (metro @ Jan 17 2005, 01:45 PM)
Originally posted by LeftyNiner@Jan 17 2005, 01:42 PM [b]
[i]Originally posted by metro+Jan 17 2005, 01:34 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (metro @ Jan 17 2005, 01:34 PM)
Originally posted by LeftyNiner@Jan 17 2005, 12:52 PM [b]