Judy Rose profiled in Charlotte Weekly

I hate Judy Rose!

www.firejudyrose.com

[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud[/i]@Jan 18 2005, 11:28 AM [b] What are the odds that 9 out of 11 games would have whole number multiples of 100 as their attendence?

Doubt those numbers are true. [/b]

Whenever I read the postgame stories in the Commercial-Appeal, Gary Parrish always writes ā€œthe announced crowd ofā€ when listing attendance of the UofM games in the FedEx Forum.

Iā€™m still not sure how we list attendance. Sometimes the boxscore seems right, then other times Iā€™m convinced we listing tickets sold, a la NBA.

[i]Originally posted by Aberlour[/i]@Jan 18 2005, 11:32 AM [b]

Do you have any high level business experience? I mean dealing with budgets, strategic goals, and what not? Would company spend tons of money just to make your work environment better? Only if it was neccessary.

[/b]

I think you might need some business expertise as wellā€¦see my previous postā€¦

[i]Originally posted by Aberlour[/i]@Jan 18 2005, 11:32 AM [b] The ignorance of Metro never ceases to amaze me. Sport does not exist in a vacuum at the college level. There must be some sort of business model for it to continue. At the D3 level, it brings in students, i.e. revenue and makes a lot of sense. At the D1 level, it must at least come close to breaking even to be worth while.

True, it does help provide a great environment to college. And it can help enrollment, but only so much. Therefore it must be run like a business.

Do you have any high level business experience? I mean dealing with budgets, strategic goals, and what not? Would company spend tons of money just to make your work environment better? Only if it was neccessary.

You think small, like someone who does not have a lot of business expertise. Your lack of ability to see the big picture really is something you should work on.

And Judy does an excellent job, so does Jim. And no one gives a ratā€™s ass about you, anyway. You are so insignificant, kind of like the pimple you donā€™t worry about it because no one can see it.

Grow up, make some real money, get some actual influence, and maybe somebody will actually sit down and take you seriously. [/b]

why the hostility? can I not have an opinion? you sound like an employee. hmmm.

I run 3 states for a medium size corporation, so patronizing my business tactics wonā€™t fly.

the only point I would agree with you on is that major dollars do influence. My small $500-$1000 (tix and 49er club) that I have STOPPED putting forth is not enough to influence. I can only tell you that when I get together with fellow alums/old college buddies, we all refuse to give another dime.

If you think our program is where it needs to beā€¦so be it.

I think its light years behind in almost every category.

[i]Originally posted by 49er1[/i]@Jan 18 2005, 11:57 AM [b] The REAL motivator (as I've said many times) is winning big and often. They will come then, regardless of what Judy or anybody else does or doesn't do. Anyone that does not believe that is the REAL fool. [/b]
There are probably a lot of real fools in the area who think that there is nothing that folks in the program can do to help attendance and support from the community, but most of us realize that winning big and often requires a lot of effort from people other than the coaches. The 49ers had decent radio years ago, they had local TV before they went to the NCAAs every year. I would venture a guess that its difficult to recruit players or fans from North Mecklenburg who cant hear a game or see it on tv. Coaches and assistants use this school for a stepping stone. You say you can't afford to keep them, but are willing to sit on your thumbs and wait for the team to win big and often rather than do something to help? We aren't big enough fools to think thats the attitude we need.
[i]Originally posted by Aberlour[/i]@Jan 18 2005, 11:32 AM [b]

Grow up, make some real money, get some actual influence, and maybe somebody will actually sit down and take you seriously. [/b]

you are the pilar of irony telling me to grow up when your username is a liquor.

you should not be so hostile becuase someone believes its time for change. its part of the deal. being an AD is similar to politics, you come in, move your agenda for 10 years or so, and give someone else a shot after a decade or two. Judy was fine but its time for new blood to pump life into our entire program and take it to the next level. I will not discount the good things she has done, but in order to get where we should be, someone else needs to come in.

[i]Originally posted by metro[/i]@Jan 19 2005, 11:56 AM [b] I will not discount the good things she has done, but in order to get where we should be, someone else needs to come in. [/b]
Well at least you're giving her some credit now. I agree somewhat...that if we can get football approved (Chancellor, Trustees, UNC system), we'll need to add staff. Probably someone at the Director level but not a replacement for Judy...unless she wants to do something else. Director of Football Ops...tell them we want a national championship in 10 years. :D I don't have all the answers. The Trustees make the calls. We've got some good ones....led by Smokey Bissell.

If we are going to mix it up and make some changes, letā€™s do it big time:

The University of Charlotte
Melvin Watkins, AD
Jay Bilas, Menā€™s Basketball Coach

49cents, thatā€™s all well and good, but who do you want to be the next chancellor? Thatā€™s the position thatā€™s going to determine everything else you have on your list.

[i]Originally posted by run49er[/i]@Jan 19 2005, 02:30 PM [b] 49cents, that's all well and good, but who do you want to be the next chancellor? That's the position that's going to determine everything else you have on your list. [/b]
great point

SI Article on coaches and salaries

Good read on small, private schools and what they pay to keep their coaches especially schools that donā€™t have football. This pertains to us except for the private school part and even still, we are entering a conference make up of small, private schoolsā€¦

Run.

That is a very good point. Donā€™t think I did not think about it before posting.

I have to smoke on that one for awhile.

As the old saying goes, it starts from the top !

[i]Originally posted by 49CentsWorth[/i]@Jan 19 2005, 04:53 PM [b] Run.

That is a very good point. Donā€™t think I did not think about it before posting.

I have to smoke on that one for awhile.

As the old saying goes, it starts from the top ! [/b]

unfortunately, I think we are doomed.

the new chancelor will be a Chapel Hill jock sniffer afraid to buck the system like Woodward is/was. They will not hire a maverick that wants us to be ā€œUC.ā€ book it.

I am confused on all of this TV stuff.

One post says its Judyā€™s responsibilty to get us on TV more, another says no one wants us (since 96 was our only option after 64 nixed us). There is also talk about Signature Sports getting us on, but we can only get three advertisers. I do know it takes money and a willingness to put us on for any of this to work, so whos responsibility is it for us to be on, the TV rights holder or the athletic department?