Judy Rose to be on CBS Friday morning

RT @Charlotte49ers: Judy Rose will appear on @cbsthismorning, Friday, in-studio from New York on a panel of nationally-respected female AD’s.

I hope the leisure suit is pressed.

Maybe they’ll field questions from Twitter rants. :wink:

Oh you funny, funny dudes. :)) This is a good (rare?) opportunity to get some + pub on a national stage. Potential recruits may see it and want to check us out and come here. Soon we’ll be playing football with the bigger boys and every opportunity we get like this to get CHARLOTTE out there is valuable. I love it’s happening and will be recording it since it’s inside a 2-hour window before I get up. I can savor it later and appreciate CBS’ inviting Judy (Charlotte 49ers) to the show.

Ok, now let the comedy resume if you must.

Nm

[quote=“49er1, post:4, topic:28517”]Oh you funny, funny dudes. :)) This is a good (rare?) opportunity to get some + pub on a national stage. Potential recruits may see it and want to check us out and come here. Soon we’ll be playing football with the bigger boys and every opportunity we get like this to get CHARLOTTE out there is valuable. I love it’s happening and will be recording it since it’s inside a 2-hour window before I get up. I can savor it later and appreciate CBS’ inviting Judy (Charlotte 49ers) to the show.

Ok, now let the comedy resume if you must.[/quote]
Anyone know ~what time she will be on?

[quote=“919R, post:6, topic:28517”][quote=“49er1, post:4, topic:28517”]Oh you funny, funny dudes. :)) This is a good (rare?) opportunity to get some + pub on a national stage. Potential recruits may see it and want to check us out and come here. Soon we’ll be playing football with the bigger boys and every opportunity we get like this to get CHARLOTTE out there is valuable. I love it’s happening and will be recording it since it’s inside a 2-hour window before I get up. I can savor it later and appreciate CBS’ inviting Judy (Charlotte 49ers) to the show.

Anyone know ~what time she will be on?[/quote]
7-9 AM on WBT-TV
http://inside.uncc.edu/news/item/athletics-director-appear-national-morning-show

[quote=“emf, post:7, topic:28517”][quote=“919R, post:6, topic:28517”][quote=“49er1, post:4, topic:28517”]Oh you funny, funny dudes. :)) This is a good (rare?) opportunity to get some + pub on a national stage. Potential recruits may see it and want to check us out and come here. Soon we’ll be playing football with the bigger boys and every opportunity we get like this to get CHARLOTTE out there is valuable. I love it’s happening and will be recording it since it’s inside a 2-hour window before I get up. I can savor it later and appreciate CBS’ inviting Judy (Charlotte 49ers) to the show.

Anyone know ~what time she will be on?[/quote]
7-9 AM on WBT-TV
http://inside.uncc.edu/news/item/athletics-director-appear-national-morning-show[/quote]

Thanks, but I meant more specific…normally they will say “person x will be on between 7:40 and 7:50” or something like that.

[quote=“49er1, post:4, topic:28517”]Oh you funny, funny dudes. :)) This is a good (rare?) opportunity to get some + pub on a national stage. Potential recruits may see it and want to check us out and come here. Soon we’ll be playing football with the bigger boys and every opportunity we get like this to get CHARLOTTE out there is valuable. I love it’s happening and will be recording it since it’s inside a 2-hour window before I get up. I can savor it later and appreciate CBS’ inviting Judy (Charlotte 49ers) to the show.

You cannot be serious.

[quote=“Card49, post:9, topic:28517”][quote=“49er1, post:4, topic:28517”]Oh you funny, funny dudes. :)) This is a good (rare?) opportunity to get some + pub on a national stage. Potential recruits may see it and want to check us out and come here. Soon we’ll be playing football with the bigger boys and every opportunity we get like this to get CHARLOTTE out there is valuable. I love it’s happening and will be recording it since it’s inside a 2-hour window before I get up. I can savor it later and appreciate CBS’ inviting Judy (Charlotte 49ers) to the show.

You cannot be serious.[/quote]

YOU are the unserious one with 41 posts :)) here. Or you’re a serious TROLL. That, or you are John McEnroe.

Will she wear this?

“Even the finest sword plunged into salt water will eventually rust.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

[quote=“Card49, post:11, topic:28517”]Will she wear this?
https://twitter.com/realdadinstands/status/400440247324274688[/quote]

I laffed

Hate to but have to agree with some concerns here re: Judy…As the face of our athletic dept. and a longtime univ. employee,her being on tv,which is very rare,is possibly the only glimpse some recruits,potential recruits media both local and particularly national media will get of “our face”…and although it might be politically correct I’ve gotta say that Judy looks like she should be representing Podunk U. circa 1957.

Whether she has done a good bad or somewhere in between job here,I kind of cringe thinking of people seeing her as our "face of athletics"
Whether any of us like it or not,and anyone who has ever been on a job interview knows,sometimes the first impression you get or give,is the most lasting.If this sounds cold and callous,i’m sorry.

Lucky, I think you’re right on. It’s why I laughed at the previous post. She needs an update. Not trying to be mean but as you said she is the face, and well… that speaks for itself.

2014 look

[quote=“Card49, post:16, topic:28517”]2014 look
http://m.georgiastatesports.com/mobile/ViewArticle.dbml?atclid=3729036&DB_MENU_ID=&SPSID=&SPID=&DB_OEM_ID=12700[/quote]

Horrible athletics program

[quote=“bleedsgreenandgold, post:17, topic:28517”][quote=“Card49, post:16, topic:28517”]2014 look
http://m.georgiastatesports.com/mobile/ViewArticle.dbml?atclid=3729036&DB_MENU_ID=&SPSID=&SPID=&DB_OEM_ID=12700[/quote]

Horrible athletics program[/quote]

Truth. I’ll take Judy’s dated look any day over the GStU athletic program. :slight_smile:

Talk about her all you want, but she brought football to Charlotte. I enjoy talking to her at all of our baseball games while she is dressed in her jeans and 49er sweatshirt.

Judy is a very decent person. Nice conversation. The bartender at my Marriott can wear a sweatshirt and talk shop with you.

I’d prefer a Southpark type who comes across high end and professional. Oh and live within city limits of “Charlotte”

Oh…and I distinctly remember her mocking football on ch36. #fantasydollars