Judy Rose to be on CBS Friday morning

[quote=“bleedsgreenandgold, post:17, topic:28517”][quote=“Card49, post:16, topic:28517”]2014 look
http://m.georgiastatesports.com/mobile/ViewArticle.dbml?atclid=3729036&DB_MENU_ID=&SPSID=&SPID=&DB_OEM_ID=12700[/quote]

Horrible athletics program[/quote]
Its a bad program. Has she been there 25 yr?

You know Judys first yr, we were 17th in nation with Henry and Jarvis. How has she steered that ship?

She’s steered the football program horribly too! We’re no longer undefeated!

Judy is on at 8:30

Charlie Rose: What would you change about athletics?
Judy: I’d improve the maturity of incoming recruits… and even at the collegiate level, there is still a lot of parental involvement [implying that’s a bad thing / an inconvenience to her].

Sheesh, not the sort of thing you should be sharing on a national television program, and not really an actionable item for an Athletic Director on “things to improve”. The Rutgers AD was pretty well-spoken, had some insightful comments. Overall, kind of an awkward interview having 2-on-3, and just throwing questions out there for one of the 3 to pick up on their own.

Texas AD states the thing she’d change about college athletics is the perception that its just a gateway to pro sports. Pretty ironic coming from that institution. Still, her answer was way better than Judy’s , which was
something about less parental involvement. Honesty is not always the best policy. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m not a Judy hater, but I was way more impressed with Texas and Rutger’s AD. She was dressed in green, though.

clt asks how she was indentified? UNC?

Maturity of incoming freshman is what she would like to change most…

Speechless

Would been funny if she plugged new football program

[quote=“Card49, post:27, topic:28517”]Maturity of incoming freshman is what she would like to change most…

Speechless

Would been funny if she plugged new football program[/quote]
Seems like she was referring to “helicopter” parents. I agree with her and she was speaking the truth. However, not really all that much she can do about it so why bring it up?

[quote=“emf, post:24, topic:28517”]Charlie Rose: What would you change about athletics?
Judy: I’d improve the maturity of incoming recruits… and even at the collegiate level, there is still a lot of parental involvement [implying that’s a bad thing / an inconvenience to her].

Sheesh, not the sort of thing you should be sharing on a national television program, and not really an actionable item for an Athletic Director on “things to improve”. The Rutgers AD was pretty well-spoken, had some insightful comments. Overall, kind of an awkward interview having 2-on-3, and just throwing questions out there for one of the 3 to pick up on their own.[/quote]
Well said

[quote=“Card49, post:27, topic:28517”]Maturity of incoming freshman is what she would like to change most…

Speechless

It’s amazing almost 20 years later and she couldn’t effect the maturity of some former athletes.

[quote=“CharSFNiners, post:30, topic:28517”][quote=“Card49, post:27, topic:28517”]Maturity of incoming freshman is what she would like to change most…

Speechless

It’s amazing almost 20 years later and she couldn’t effect the maturity of some former athletes.[/quote]

I watched… Less parental involvement? The is the dumbest friggen thing I’ve ever heard. These kids come to school at 18, the 18 year old who is mature is the exception to the rule. And to openly ask for less parental involvement is just plain stupid. Someone in charge of STUDENT athletes should welcome parental involvement. I’m sure there are some pain in the asses, but that’s why you get a paycheck.

Sometimes it’s better to be seen than heard.

:o :-X

[quote=“VA49er, post:28, topic:28517”][quote=“Card49, post:27, topic:28517”]Maturity of incoming freshman is what she would like to change most…

Speechless

Seems like she was referring to “helicopter” parents. I agree with her and she was speaking the truth. However, not really all that much she can do about it so why bring it up?[/quote]
A Bcs vs non Bcs reply would of got my tip of the cap.

[quote=“CharSFNiners, post:30, topic:28517”][quote=“Card49, post:27, topic:28517”]Maturity of incoming freshman is what she would like to change most…

Speechless

It’s amazing almost 20 years later and she couldn’t effect the maturity of some former athletes.[/quote]
Sorry. I don’t use the f word nonstop online or have a pop tart toaster sig…or chunky cheese snorting coke.

[quote=“s9er, post:32, topic:28517”]I watched… Less parental involvement? The is the dumbest friggen thing I’ve ever heard. These kids come to school at 18, the 18 year old who is mature is the exception to the rule. And to openly ask for less parental involvement is just plain stupid. Someone in charge of STUDENT athletes should welcome parental involvement. I’m sure there are some pain in the asses, but that’s why you get a paycheck.

Sometimes it’s better to be seen than heard.

:o :-X[/quote]

I agree with VA she probably meant the helicopter parents who thinks their kid is going pro after a year or two, but then that’s something she needs to better explain. Stating it how she did makes it look like she just can’t stand parents looking out for their kids.

[quote=“Card49, post:34, topic:28517”][quote=“CharSFNiners, post:30, topic:28517”][quote=“Card49, post:27, topic:28517”]Maturity of incoming freshman is what she would like to change most…

Speechless

Sorry. I don’t use the f word nonstop online or have a pop tart toaster sig…[/quote]

I won’t say I’ve never used the F word here, but I don’t over use it either. I could just threaten people via PM, demean their statements rather than have a discussion, or call them petty names.

Yea, a picture in my sig makes me immature. It’s probably best to go slander people on twitter. I’ll give that a shot instead.

[quote=“CharSFNiners, post:36, topic:28517”][quote=“Card49, post:34, topic:28517”][quote=“CharSFNiners, post:30, topic:28517”][quote=“Card49, post:27, topic:28517”]Maturity of incoming freshman is what she would like to change most…

Speechless

Stay on topic

Sorry. I don’t use the f word nonstop online or have a pop tart toaster sig…[/quote]

I won’t say I’ve never used the F word here, but I don’t over use it either. I could just threaten people via PM, demean their statements rather than have a discussion, or call them petty names.

Yea, a picture in my sig makes me immature. It’s probably best to go slander people on twitter. I’ll give that a shot instead.[/quote]
Stay on topic

[quote=“Card49, post:37, topic:28517”][quote=“CharSFNiners, post:36, topic:28517”][quote=“Card49, post:34, topic:28517”][quote=“CharSFNiners, post:30, topic:28517”][quote=“Card49, post:27, topic:28517”]Maturity of incoming freshman is what she would like to change most…

Speechless

Stay on topic

Yea, a picture in my sig makes me immature. It’s probably best to go slander people on twitter. I’ll give that a shot instead.[/quote][/quote]

Says the guy who fires shots back, gets made to look bad, now wants to look like he’s the good guy. Get a grip, and I contributed to the thread as well without known biases.

[quote=“Card49, post:33, topic:28517”][quote=“VA49er, post:28, topic:28517”][quote=“Card49, post:27, topic:28517”]Maturity of incoming freshman is what she would like to change most…

Speechless

Seems like she was referring to “helicopter” parents. I agree with her and she was speaking the truth. However, not really all that much she can do about it so why bring it up?[/quote]
A Bcs vs non Bcs reply would of got my tip of the cap.[/quote] How about "Well, Charlie, I have my hands full running MY program. Haven’t given a ton of thought to how I would change college athletics in general. " ;D

Asked a stupid question and , surely enough, got a couple of stupid answers.

Think about it. That question is the same as “What do think is wrong with college athletics?” Any AD would be hard pressed to answer that and not come off as a whiner.

[quote=“4ever niner, post:39, topic:28517”][quote=“Card49, post:33, topic:28517”][quote=“VA49er, post:28, topic:28517”][quote=“Card49, post:27, topic:28517”]Maturity of incoming freshman is what she would like to change most…

Speechless

A Bcs vs non Bcs reply would of got my tip of the cap.[/quote] How about "Well, Charlie, I have my hands full running MY program. Haven’t given a ton of thought to how I would change college athletics in general. " ;D

Asked a stupid question and , surely enough, got a couple of stupid answers.

Think about it. That question is the same as “What do think is wrong with college athletics?” Any AD would be hard pressed to answer that and not come off as a whiner.[/quote]

Actually, I think it’s a very good question… College athletics is a mess, why not ask the AD’s?

Could have responded about there difference between the have’ sand have nots, and how the no BCS/AQ schools are falling further behind by the day. There were lots of good responses, just not the one she decided to go with.