Judy Rose was right

1465 deposits put down.

This is less than 30% of the low end goal.

The 5000 pre sale season tickets sure disappeared when the rubber hit the road.

I guess Judy was right when she talked about “fantasy $$$” in regards to football.

Tintin

Sad but true.

The economy is bad but 30% is embarrassing.

This was the one thing I was afraid of. We have ONE shot at this. If we fail at starting Football now, it may never happen. Or at least it would be decades before another attempt would be considered.

After all of the committees, research and effort at the administrative level…a black eye of embarrassment like this will scare anyone else from considering to try it again for the forseeable future.

[QUOTE=TRLeader;409222]
We have ONE shot at this. If we fail at starting Football now, it may never happen. Or at least it would be decades before another attempt would be considered.

After all of the committees, research and effort at the administrative level…a black eye of embarrassment like this will scare anyone else from considering to try it again for the forseeable future.[/QUOTE]

Couldn’t agree more.

[QUOTE=Tintin;409219]1465 deposits put down.

This is less than 30% of the low end goal.

The 5000 pre sale season tickets sure disappeared when the rubber hit the road.

I guess Judy was right when she talked about “fantasy $$$” in regards to football.

Tintin[/QUOTE]

You mean 1645 deposits, 33% of the 5,000 goal.

I agree. If we don’t have enough people to get to the 5,000, we have a problem. I know some people are hurt by the economy but we’re talking 70-80k alums and over 3 million folks in the area.

You mean 1645 deposits, 33% of the 5,000 goal.

I agree. If we don’t have enough people to get to the 5,000, we have a problem. I know some people are hurt by the economy but we’re talking 70-80k alums and over 3 million folks in the area.

33% of the 5000 in terms of seats, but where are we with the money?

how much have we taken in of the 5 million we set for a goal?

[QUOTE=uncommon-niner;409228]33% of the 5000 in terms of seats, but where are we with the money?

how much have we taken in of the 5 million we set for a goal?[/QUOTE]

Good point and the $26 monthly plan doesn’t do much to help with getting money in hand for early expenses. It does help the consumer.

Go ahead and get ready for when Judy pulls the plug on football and cites the economy as the culprit.

She would have a sounder argument citing lack of committment/interest.

[QUOTE=fishniner;409231]Go ahead and get ready for when Judy pulls the plug on football and cites the economy as the culprit.[/QUOTE]

Actually she addressed that in the email as well and sounded like she doesn’t want that as an excuse. One comment she made was that waiting would be silly and now is the time.

Have they even advertised though? If I didn’t come on here and have alot of friends who are active fans, I would have had no clue they were even for sale yet.

Have they even advertised though? If I didn't come on here and have alot of friends who are active fans, I would have had no clue they were even for sale yet.
They don't need to advertise to get to 5k. There were 5 thousand commitments made with less effort/advertising/marketing. If those people follow through, we aren't talking about this right now.

Advertising would just give us icing on the cake.

There is a 26 a month plan now? I had not heard of that.

[QUOTE=Powerbait;409238]There is a 26 a month plan now? I had not heard of that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it came in the e-mail from Judy. $26 will be deducted from your credit card monthly until June 2012.

Is there an option for that on the site? How can people do that?

(I already purchased my tickets, just proving a point.)

[QUOTE=Jim Utter;409232]She would have a sounder argument citing lack of committment/interest.[/QUOTE]

YEP! It’s not the economy, it’s our sorry-a$$ alums!

[QUOTE=Mr. Bojangles;409239]Yeah, it came in the e-mail from Judy. $26 will be deducted from your credit card monthly until June 2012.[/QUOTE]

I didn’t get that email.

[QUOTE=Powerbait;409242]I didn’t get that email.[/QUOTE]

Info is here also:

http://gmine.blogspot.com/2009/05/charlotte-49ers-football-update.html

Judy’s email this morning says they will begin some mainstream advertising in June.

With the lack of commitment among the enthusiastic it is starting to look pretty smart that they did not spend the money earlier. If the plug gets pulled on football it is supply meeting demand.

I’m going to be able to pay for 2 more in July now that I have this news, it is much easier to pay $52 a month than dropping $1000 a year.

I’d just like to know if they at least called the people that comminted and haven’t paid, a reason or reminder can go a long way.