Judy Rose was right

1465 deposits put down.

This is less than 30% of the low end goal.

The 5000 pre sale season tickets sure disappeared when the rubber hit the road.

I guess Judy was right when she talked about “fantasy $$$” in regards to football.

Tintin

bullshiit

she said 3 years ago when the economy was 180 degrees opposite of today, unemployment was at 3% and we would of had 10,000 PSLs not 1600

and they need a RENDERING to offer what you are actually buying - they should carbon copy what Akron did

I wondered where all the anti-football people on the board had disappeared. Judy has never been FOR football until the Dub began speaking about it and until this website began asking the hard questions. The economy is a huge reason for the current situation. Judy and the old regime are the reason it never got pushed when the economy was blazing (at least on paper). For Judy, it was get on board or get left behind, kind of like the situation the U has been in since Conference USA split.

They don't need to advertise to get to 5k. There were 5 thousand commitments made [B]with less effort/advertising/marketing[/B]. If those people follow through, we aren't talking about this right now.

Advertising would just give us icing on the cake.

While I agree with this in principle----there actually was ALOT more publicity back last fall/early this year. The info. about the “pledge list” was on local TV sportscasts and the Big O quite a few times. None of that has happened in the last 3-4 months.

[QUOTE=MeanJoeGreen;409256]I wondered where all the anti-football people on the board had disappeared. Judy has never been FOR football until the Dub began speaking about it and until this website began asking the hard questions. The economy is a huge reason for the current situation. Judy and the old regime are the reason it never got pushed when the economy was blazing (at least on paper). For Judy, it was get on board or get left behind, kind of like the situation the U has been in since Conference USA split.[/QUOTE]

I’m no anti football person. Read my signature. I’d be willing to bet that I was one of the first 100 people to have a check and signed paperwork back to the school. I’m more ill about the big talk on this board, but when push is coming to shove, we’re failing.

We had pledges for 5,000 tickets. Only 33% of those people have followed through. Where is everyone else?
Forget about marketing, the fact is, if you pledged, the time to send in your $$ and get tickets is now.

26.00 a month? Give plasma, skip a dinner out once a month, ease up on the Starbucks, sell your old crap in storage on eBay, but damn get it done.

Don’t wait for someone else to do it or we will ending up like UNCG, with no hope, no respect or respect statewide for failing.

Tintin

[QUOTE=Tintin;409268]

Don’t wait for someone else to do it or we will continue be like UNCG, with no hope, no respect or respect statewide for failing.

Tintin[/QUOTE]

fixed

There has been little to no effort by the AD to sell seats.

The failure of this program rests on the AD’s shoulders. With the blatant lack of advertising, I wouldn’t be surprised if someone told me it was intentional just to kill football.

Dubois did mention football positively at Graduation. If he hated it that much, I guess he didn’t have to do that.

We’ve never had good marketing in the ~5 years I’ve lived in Charlotte. Whoever is responsible for that should be fired. Garage sale signs and 1 billboard seem to be the entire plan every year…

Call me lazy, economically apprehensive, whatever. However, I just printed off FSL app, will send in for 2 greenies by next Monday so number just went up by a deuce.

bullshiit

she said 3 years ago when the economy was 180 degrees opposite of today, unemployment was at 3% and we would of had 10,000 PSLs not 1600

and they need a RENDERING to offer what you are actually buying - they should carbon copy what Akron did

Not needed. Fact is over 5000 were pledged and if those people are like me, they got a poster, reminder in the mail, nice flyer, video email, etc and haven’t followed through on their committment. If a rendering was put together, those that haven’t fulfilled their committment will want “one more thing” before they actually honor their pledge. Either they will, or they won’t.

1465 deposits put down.

I guess Judy was right when she talked about “fantasy $$$” in regards to football.

Tintin

I agree with your assessment on the 5,000 people who originally committed but haven’t paid. But I don’t agree with the total fantasy money picture. The main objective is to get football. If that means playing games at Memorial Stadium to make it happen then so be it. To the best of my knowledge Memorial Stadium has never been an option in the plan. As long as Western Carolina has football I refuse to believe we can’t afford it. I believe we just haven’t figured out a way to make it happen, whatever those options are.

Memorial Stadium should still work, shouldn’t it? We can begin play there and continue raising money for an on-campus facility. Once people actually see we have a team they will be much more likely to contribute, especially as the economy improves.

And I’ve been saying all alone we need support from the citizens of Charlotte to be successful at football. Of course to receive that support, those living in Charlotte need to know whenever we do something well (like finishing 3rd in nation or beating the 4th ranked team in nation).

As for an ad campaign, if all the committments that were made came through, there wouldn’t be much left to sell. At the end of the day, those that put there name on the list need to step up and honor that committment. That support was the basis on which the BOT made their decision.

All of these low # posters bashing football & praising Judy? How long have y’all been on the AD staff? Like we don’t know y’all are fakes.

However I am mad at the 2/3 of 5,000 who haven’t turned in their 1st yr. down payment. Tell Judy to give us their addresses, & we’ll have CFI go & tar & feather them like in the Revolutionary War days.

Memorial Stadium should still work, shouldn't it? We can begin play there and continue raising money for an on-campus facility. Once people actually see we have a team they will be much more likely to contribute, especially as the economy improves.

And I’ve been saying all alone we need support from the citizens of Charlotte to be successful at football. Of course to receive that support, those living in Charlotte need to know whenever we do something well (like finishing 3rd in nation or beating the 4th ranked team in nation).

Also, having support from the city will automatically increase our support from alumni.

I kept my promise and purchased my two FSL’s. I would’nt of made a pledge otherwise. Folks need to follow through on their pledge. The $26/month deal is pretty easy I would think for most anyone.

I agree, there has been minimal marketing since the announcement until the email.

Over40Niner, I think Alums should build the school up to friends & co-workers in the city. The city shouldn’t have to boost up an Alum. Any alum that needs others to re-assure him or her, had better give back their diploma.
Everyone at work knows I’m the guy that’s over the top Niner-fanatic.

[QUOTE=Tintin;409219]1465 deposits put down.

Tintin[/QUOTE]

It’s not season tickets they are not signing up for, it’s the PSL’s. Big difference.

I don’t think the economy is the sole reason for many not making their pledges. I think many made their pledge in order to make sure the “yes” vote was cast. A faux showing of support, so to speak. Once Dubois said “yes”, they backed out on their promise once it came time to anty up. I think many are also pissed at the seating level they wound up getting for their $1000 pledge. I think many were under the assumption that the $1000 was going to give them the best available seat in the stadium based on their rank, rather than the best available seat beyond the 30 yard line.

[QUOTE=NinerFan;409290]The $26/month deal is pretty easy I would think for most anyone.
[/QUOTE]

Yep, for those needing only one seat that’s a pretty good deal.

[QUOTE=eason49;409272]There has been little to no effort by the AD to sell seats.

The failure of this program rests on the AD’s shoulders. With the blatant lack of advertising, I wouldn’t be surprised if someone told me it was intentional just to kill football.

Dubois did mention football positively at Graduation. If he hated it that much, I guess he didn’t have to do that.

We’ve never had good marketing in the ~5 years I’ve lived in Charlotte. Whoever is responsible for that should be fired. Garage sale signs and 1 billboard seem to be the entire plan every year…[/QUOTE]

There doesn’t need to be an effort or advertising to sell seats. The first 5000 seats were spoken for between October and February. 1645 have been paid for. At some point, you have to honor your commitment.

As for the “my seats won’t be good”, “I thought I was on the 50 yard line with my pledge, so now I don’t know” people: Get over it. There is not a bad seat in a 15,000 stadium…and it beats having homecoming at a 2500 seat soccer stadium like UNCG does it.

Honor your pledges.

Tintin

[QUOTE=X-49er;409295] I think many are also pissed at the seating level they wound up getting for their $1000 pledge. I think many were under the assumption that the $1000 was going to give them the best available seat in the stadium based on their rank, rather than the best available seat beyond the 30 yard line. [/QUOTE]

I’ve heard this multiple times and it pisses me off. Sure, there are many people that have given more than me to get the AD where it is today. However, $1000 for 50 yard seats, when starting football from scratch is unrealistic. As we are seeing, adding football is on a different fundraising scale than this school has even encountered. Football is expensive to begin (start up costs we are presently looking for) and maintain (as I said in another thread, the 49er Club is going to need a lot more support). A lot of significant contributors to the 49er Club in the past need to be prepared to fall further back (or be ready to give more to maintain their position) in ranking.

Everyone is preoccupied on startup costs, right now. There is more than just that.

I know this will piss some people off and I am sorry in advance. I think it is childish to worry about being at the 30 yard line, instead of the 50 yard line for $1000.

Another concern is that those still on the fence, may take the approach of “well, I’m not putting in any money now that it looks like this thing may not take off afterall.”

I think it’s critical that a commitment to staying on course be made sooner than later. Or that percentage isn’t going to go up very much.

I just wish someone (or a corp) would go ahead and cough up some serious funding to give this venture the extra jolt it needs.

[QUOTE=jcl49er;409301]

I just wish someone (or a corp) would go ahead and cough up some serious funding to give this venture the extra jolt it needs.[/QUOTE]

FWIW, I think this is the largest problem. Based on what I know, there has been nothing committed towards football other than the 1600+ FSLs sold. I thought I heard/read somewhere that, last Fall, Judy had a seven figure contributor. Don’t understand why that hasn’t been made public, yet.

I don’t care if it Allen Tate Realtors, Buffalo Wild Wings or NASCAR Banking 500 only from Bank of America. Some kind of corporate support will do wonders towards progress in my opinion.