Karsten Miller - QB - 2012

[quote=“49erAlumnus, post:8, topic:25568”]It sounds like we may need to take a road trip to NDHS this season. Here’s their schedule:
http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/FbylGvxl8kWx4cPmnhMJ5w/north-davidson-knights/football/schedule.htm

Anybody know where we can get some decent BBQ in Lexington? ;D[/quote]

Lexington BB-Q is the best…(actually they are all pretty good), stopped at Lexington BBQ on the way back from Charlotte not long ago with my 49er hat on and several people commented on the school… good area of support for the university…

[quote=“chasmo101, post:21, topic:25568”][quote=“49erAlumnus, post:8, topic:25568”]It sounds like we may need to take a road trip to NDHS this season. Here’s their schedule:
http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/FbylGvxl8kWx4cPmnhMJ5w/north-davidson-knights/football/schedule.htm

Anybody know where we can get some decent BBQ in Lexington? ;D[/quote]

Lexington BB-Q is the best…(actually they are all pretty good), stopped at Lexington BBQ on the way back from Charlotte not long ago with my 49er hat on and several people commented on the school… good area of support for the university…[/quote]

Kerley’s BBQ is also right next to the high school. But like chasmo101 said all of it is good. There is great service at kerley’s as well

Speedy’s BBQ is another good one.

Barbecue Center, that’s where. To me, it’s the best Q in the area. Lexington BBQ (the restaurant) just doesn’t seem to give you enough food for the money any more, and it’s too dry if you ask me. Barbecue Center is where it’s at. Plus they have those HUUUUUUGE banana splits!

Behind those guys, Speedy’s is pretty good…and it’s closer to North Davidson (which is actually technically in Welcome). I’ve never been too crazy about Kerley’s, although it is the closest. I wouldn’t say it’s “right beside” the school, but it’s sure pretty close.

Drummer is spot on. He knows what he is talking about.

BBQ Center is great. They have, by far, the best puppies anywhere - bar none. Portions are a decent size. Speedys is good (a little pricey) but they give you a ton of BBQ. A large FF there will feed 10! They do cook with electic cookers rather than in a pit with Hickory wood.

Lex BBQ is very good. I think they are etrememly expensive considering the amount you get. They can get higher prices because they are who they are. You just don’t get alot of Q for the amount you pay.

Kerley’s is OK. I generally don’t get Q there. It is close to my house and close to the NDHS.

Go with the BBQ Center. It is a great BBQ stand that will give you a good idea of how we worship the pig.

The Banana Split deserves a thread of it own. Correct Drummer?

Go Niners (and ND Knights)!

Completely unrelated to the thread now, but Karsten Miller would be a huge get for this staff. Would make an excellent First QB to lay the groundwork for all future QBs.

Would be a cool feeling, knowing that no matter what you’re going to set records. Karsten gets the chance to set the bar for all those who follow.

Yea ODU got the 4A or 5A (cant remember which) player of the year from the state of Georgia. Takes talent to get the player of the year award.[/quote]

Check out this article and then imagine it with a few names substituted :smiley:

[b]QB Tommy Reamon Jr. announced commitment to ODU over Mizzou and other 1As [/b] Gloucester's Reamon Jr. picks ODU By Dave Johnson | djohnson@dailypress.com

Gloucester quarterback Tommy Reamon Jr. announced his commitment to Old Dominion University Tuesday night.
Reamon, ranked the 21st-best dual threat quarterback in the nation by Rivals.com, said he turned down offers from Buffalo, South Florida and Missouri. He will be joining a program that will begin playing in 2009.
“I look at it as history in the making,” Reamon said. “One hundred years from now, when people talk about the history of Old Dominion, they’ll be able to say that Tommy Reamon Jr. was the quarterback. I love the thought of that.”
Reamon said he is eager to spend the 2008-09 school year as a redshirt.
“I was going to do that regardless of where I went,” he said. “That’s so critical in learning the offense.”

[quote=“49CentsWorth, post:25, topic:25568”]Drummer is spot on. He knows what he is talking about.

BBQ Center is great. They have, by far, the best puppies anywhere - bar none. Portions are a decent size. Speedys is good (a little pricey) but they give you a ton of BBQ. A large FF there will feed 10! They do cook with electic cookers rather than in a pit with Hickory wood.

Lex BBQ is very good. I think they are etrememly expensive considering the amount you get. They can get higher prices because they are who they are. You just don’t get alot of Q for the amount you pay.

Kerley’s is OK. I generally don’t get Q there. It is close to my house and close to the NDHS.

Go with the BBQ Center. It is a great BBQ stand that will give you a good idea of how we worship the pig.

The Banana Split deserves a thread of it own. Correct Drummer?

Go Niners (and ND Knights)![/quote]

All correct lol. Except the “Go Knights” part. My wife went there, and it wouldn’t be OK for me to keep giving her grief about it if I were going around cheering for them.

That being said, if anyone wants to come down this fall and see the kid play one Friday night, let me know. I’d be up for opening up Casa De Drummer for a few drinks or some grub after the game. My place is 10 minutes TOPS from North Davidson.

Let’s try to keep the barbecue debate out of this thread. Nothing against it, but let’s try to keep recruiting threads on topic. Thanks.

Here’s my attempt at staying on topic:

It sounds like ID is working on putting together a schedule of HS games that feature guys we’re after. It seems that NDHS will be a team that needs to be part of that schedule. When we get the date lined up, we need to head to Lexington and stop by the BBQ Center before heading over to the game in time to tailgate. Sound good?

heheh

[quote=“49erAlumnus, post:30, topic:25568”]Here’s my attempt at staying on topic:

It sounds like ID is working on putting together a schedule of HS games that feature guys we’re after. It seems that NDHS will be a team that needs to be part of that schedule. When we get the date lined up, we need to head to Lexington and stop by the BBQ Center before heading over to the game in time to tailgate. Sound good?[/quote]

DOBA.

And then to my place for “festivities.” You know…and “recruiting discussions.”

But yeah, there’s a lot of hype locally about this kid. He’s a big deal around the area.

[font=times new roman][size=3]August 19 vs. Thomasville Home 7:30[/size][/font]
[font=times new roman][size=3]August 26 vs. Ledford Home 7:30[/size][/font]
[font=times new roman][size=3]September 2 at East Davidson Away 7:30[/size][/font]
[font=times new roman][size=3]September 9 at Statesville Away 7:30[/size][/font]
[font=times new roman][size=3]September 16 vs. Lexington Home 7:30[/size][/font]
[font=times new roman][size=3]September 23 at Asheboro Away 7:30[/size][/font]
[font=times new roman][size=3]September 30 at Mt. Tabor Away 7:30[/size][/font]
[font=times new roman][size=3]October 7 at Reagan Away 7:30[/size][/font]
[font=times new roman][size=3]October 14 vs. West Forsyth [/size][size=3]Home 7:30[/size][/font]
[font=times new roman][size=3]October 21 at RJ Reynolds Away 7:30[/size][/font]
October 28 vs. Davie County Home 7:30

North Davidson Varsity Football Schedule 20111.doc (33 KB)

That Ledford game would be a good one to watch. Thomasville would’ve been great a couple of years ago, as they’ve traditionally run over everyone in 1a/2a (though NDHS is 4a)…but Thomasville doesn’t seem to be playing the way they used to over the past couple of years.

clt says that sept 9th game should be a walk in the park.

Karsten was just taken off of the field on a stretcher.

Oh wow. Hope he’s okay.

Hope the kid is OK.

Broke his femur. Had surgery this morning. I don’t know if they put in a femoral nail, plate or if they just put a cast on it. Hope he has a quick and safe recovery.

Femur is the thickest bone in the body. Here’s hoping its a clean break and heals well.