Karsten Miller - QB - 2012

That really sucks. I really hate it for the kid, whether it was here or somewhere else, he was going D1.

I would imagine this is better than tearing an ACL for his future college career, am I right? He’s done for the season no doubt, but looking 12-24 months down the road, i would think he would be back on schedule for his progression. Provided he is emotionally okay with playing football.

Only good thing about breaking the femur is his age, since his body is probably finished growing (height-wise).

I knew a guy who played football for my HS. Broke his femur in a game during his soph. year. Came back for his Jr. season but had problems and when they took a look it hadn’t healed right, they re-broke it, and he had to sit out his Jr. season. Came back his Sr. year and earned a ride to VMI. Has had tryouts with the Bears and Dolphins. Played DE. So it’s all doable.

Just heard good news. The break was clean and the doctor estimates only a 6 week recovery period. Karsten will be able to play again in six weeks. He starts therapy tomorrow.

Great news. Hopefully he goes from wearing Black and Orange to Green and Gold.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/08/25/2550854/49ers-prospect-injured.html

Saw Miller play last season. He is a solid dual-threat QB, and I love his height. He has no problems seeing the field and seems to know when to get out of the pocket when he needs to. Once he’s out, he can make some good gains in the open field. He lost a lot of his O-line last year according to the Journal article on North Davidson for this season, so his stats probably would not have been as good passing wise even before the injury. I hope we have a good shot at getting him because I think he would be the perfect type of QB for us in our startup seasons.

http://www2.journalnow.com/sports/2011/aug/24/wssport05-knights-miller-gets-rod-put-in-leg-ar-1325672/

Karsten might be ready to play by next week:

http://gmine.blogspot.com/

He’s done for the year.

[quote=“What the ?, post:50, topic:25568”]He’s done for the year.[/quote]If true, hate to hear it for the kid.

Sounds like he is debating whether or not to go to prep school.

This may be a little off topic. But as to our recruiting, why are we not focusing on our local charlotte talent? There is mass quantities of it at Butler, Independence, and so on.

Not sure that we aren’t. We only have 3 verbals so far. All are NC kids. Of those, one is a West Charlotte kid.

From the list of recruits the majority are from 2A in northern NC schools and South Carolina

word on the street is that Miller may have committed within the last week…seems as prep school is not an option. Hopefully this info is true cause from what i have seen the kid can flat play… no he was injured but thats a good situation coming to a founding program…he will be the best qb charlotte has ever had :))

That is great news if true!

well this source is usually spot on so i think we might have bagged us a good one

rumors were true… he committed and from the sounds of it seems to be a man on a mission

Welcome to the family, Karsten.