Keith Clark - 2006

Big time prospect for 2006. Ranked #19 in the class of 2006, five stars by Rivals.com. #13 by Hoopscoop. Dave Telep says it’s between Charlotte and Oklahoma. Rivals lists Oklahoma, Oklahoma St, Kansas, and Texas. There are 2 video reels at rivals.com.

http://charlotte.rivals.com/viewprospect (Keith Clark)

Is their a connection with this guy and Alexander?

[i]Originally posted by pcon[/i]@Jul 9 2004, 12:48 PM [b] Is their a connection with this guy and Alexander? [/b]
Yep! Cousin. :thumbsup: He is NBA caliber. Could play with Alexander in 2006.

Sweet, sounds good for us then. Have we ever had relatives playing for us at the same time?

[b]Have we ever had relatives playing for us at the same time?[/b]

No, but I think we had a Diener once. Everyone in CUSA was required to have one.

More on Clark:

[b]Keith Clark 6-8 Power Forward (Athletes First) This active rebounder gets on glass, outlets and fills lane in transition. He scored with efficiency down low too! [/b]
[b]Keith Clark 6-9 230 (2006) C Putnam City, OK Very skilled young post scored with jump hook, reverse lay-up and dunk on the blocks plus showed some facing skills on pop out.[/b]
[b]NBPA Camp

Camp Rankings

Top 12 Centers

1. Greg Oden (headed to the NBA)
  2. Amir Johnson
  3. Eric Boateng
  4. Alfred Aboya
    5. Keith Clark
  5. Quinton Thornton
  6. Cyrus McGowen
  7. Uche Echefu
  8. David Weaver
  9. Kendrick Johnson
  10. Artem Wallace
  11. Ryan Wright[/b]
[b]Keith Clark Current Competition Level: High School Graduating Class: 2006 School: Midwest City Midwest City, OK

Height: 6-9 Weight: 215

Primary Position: Center

National rank: 23

Position rank: 5

Van’s rank: 23

Commitment Level: Uncommitted[/b]

Withers’ successor? B)

[b]Biography: SOPH Attended the Nike Hoop Jamboree in 2003. He's an effort guy. He'll work on the glass and do the dirty work. Left Midwest City midway through the year and transferred to Putnam. [/b]

I thought for a minute Pigford had grown some hair

Apparently he also has a nice perimeter game and wants to play the 3 or 4. He can step out on the wing and shoot it. Probably envisions himself as a 3 for pro ball. He’s not a true banger. Withers-White type of player.

What is even more unbelievable is that no one has offered a scholarship to him yet, even though we are in his top 2.

[i]Originally posted by 49erblh[/i]@Jul 11 2004, 10:01 AM [b] ....no one has offered a scholarship to him yet [/b]
well my question is why the hell not? lets get this guy's scholly locked up early!!

Clark is listed on the Nike camp roster. I can’t find any stats and he wasn’t mentioned in the rivals.com stories. Did anyone else have any luck?

July 15, 2004
Nike Peach Jam Day One:

The Nike Peach Jam got underway in North Augusta, South Carolina and features the 24 finest of Nike’s traveling teams…

The Nike summer showcase for their top traveling teams began on Wednesday. We were in North Augusta to catch all the action. The Nike Peach Jam Tournament has a 24-team format and each team plays twice on each of the first two days in pool play: Here’s the results that were available at the end of the day on Wednesday:

Pool A:

Athletes First 67 Metro Hawks 63

Metro Hawks leading scorers: Jonathan Mitchell 17; Michael Coburn 15; Tyrell Biggs 10
Athletes First leading scorers: Obi Munell 17; Taylor Griffin 16; Keith Clark 12; Derek White 12

Athletes First 90 South Carolina Ravens 65

Athletes First leading scorers: Obi Munell 28; Derek White 19; Keith Clark 17
South Carolina Ravens leading scorers: Deven Downey 18; Josh Dollard 14

As the camp continues, they will probably have some commentary about the players & final rankings by position.

Clark ended the ABCD Camp rated the 13th ranked small forward by Hoopmaster, behind the likes of Gerald Green (1), Brandon Rush (2), Shawne Williams (3), Marcus Johnson (rated 9th, but have seen him play and he is much better than that, should be rated top 25 nationally), Courtney Fells (rated 10th committed to NC St, saw him play and while he’s a good athlete, he did nothing in the game I saw).
Hope this helps,
Hat

MY BAD…the following write up pretains to Shane Clark, not Keith Clark.

[b]July 19, 2004 Nike Peach Jam Top Prospects… By Van Coleman

Julian Wright, Richard Hendrix, Louis Williams, Tyler Hansbrough and summer surprise Jeff Adrien headed up the talent on display at the Nike Peach Jam in North Augusta…

We spent two days in North Augusta at the Nike Peach Jam tournament. Here’s how the top performers broke down by position:

CENTERS:

1. Andrew Bynum 6-11 260 Metuchen, NJ St. Joseph’s (New Jersey All-Stars) Averaged 10ppg / 6.6rpg.
  2. Kevin Love 6-9 260 (2007) Lake Oswego, OR ( Oregon Select) Averaged 15.8ppg / 6rpg.
  3. Brian Zoubeck 7-1 245 (2006) C Haddonfield, NJ Memorial (New Jersey All-Stars)
  4. Keith Clark 6-9 210 (2006) C Oklahoma City, OK Putnam City (Athlete’s First)
  5. Jeremy Mayfield 6-9 205 C Irving, TX MacArthur ( Houston Hoops)
  6. Spencer Hawes 6-10 215 (2006) C Seattle, WA Prep (Friends of Hoop-Seattle) Averaged 12ppg / 5.4rpg.
  7. Yamene Coleman 6-9 220 C Camden, AL Wilcox Central ( Alabama Lasers) Averaged 10.3ppg.
  8. Jeremy Barr 6-9 255 C Houston, TX Westbury Christian ( Houston Hoops)
  9. Alade Aminu 6-9 200 C Stone Mountain, GA Stephenson ( Georgia Stars)
  10. Wayne Chism 6-9 240 (2006) C Jackson, TN Southside (YOMCA-Team Memphis)
  11. Josh Dollard 6-8 215 C Hemmingway, SC Prince Avenue Prep ( South Carolina Ravens) Averaged 10.4ppg.
  12. Jason Bennett 7-1 230 C Jacksonville, FL Arlington Country Day School
    [/b]
[b]10. Josh Dollard 6-8 215 C Hemmingway, SC Prince Avenue Prep ( South Carolina Ravens) Averaged 10.4ppg[/b]

Who is this guy? And were is Hemmingway, SC?

In the new 2006 top 150, Keith Clark is rated the 11th best player overall, and the 3rd best small forward. This dude is a baller, plain and simple. I would be very amazed and impressed if we landed him.

[i]Originally posted by Chisox17[/i]@Aug 11 2004, 11:00 AM [b] In the new 2006 top 150, Keith Clark is rated the 11th best player overall, and the 3rd best small forward. This dude is a baller, plain and simple. I would be very amazed and impressed if we landed him. [/b]
I would be very happy, but not all that suprised. Look at our track record with that type of player: Rodney White (NBA) and now Curtis Withers (future NBA). Keith could step in and immediately replace Curtis, assuming Curtis sticks around for his senior year, which he may not do if he keeps getting better. Keith could have the same type of career here (e.g. being the man).

Clark would be the biggest signing we ever landed. The kid can flat out play and will probably be mentioned in some circles as someone who will consider the jump directly to the NBA without scouts actually laughing at the thought. He is the perfect example of what Lutz wants in a forward.

Alexander will help but this is a tough get.

JJ talked to him. Story is up. He says we are definitely in contention and actually have a slight edge. Amazing how JJ gets them all to say we are the leader. Get’em JJ. :lol: :thumbsup: