Keith Clark - 2006

Now, we’re listed for him on Rivals.com…for whatever that’s worth. Maryland was also added to his list.

Brief discussion on Rivals main board

Rivals.com update profile for Clark

[i]Originally posted by NinerAdvocate+Aug 11 2004, 11:31 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (NinerAdvocate @ Aug 11 2004, 11:31 AM)

curtis was ranked in the top 100.

So was Vincent Grier, Eddie Basden, Martin Iti, EJ, Charles Heyward. I would guess there were others. Not sure about Demarco but I heard from him that there were several semi-high to high profile teams that scouted him late in his high school career.

None of them were ranked in the top 25 in any of the legitimate High School recruiting rankings.

martin iti was ranked number eight by espn.com.

Not to split hairs, but I don’t consider that very legitimate, that same service didn’t have Chris Paul rated as one of the top 10 point guards. Services I respect had MArtin around 40. But the point is MArtin was rated high and we signed him and that’s great for us and he is probably the highest rated recruit we have ever signed. So again my point is we are not typically going to sign alot of top 25 guys, though in researching it a little we have done very well bringing in top 50 to 100 guys.

Would have been nice to sign this kid…

Jarrett Jack - 6’4 PG Boo Williams. Jack is yet another multi-talented PG in the class of 2002 who is probably deserving of a higher ranking. He is very strong with the ball and is an aggressive defender who seems to be content to run the offense and get his teammates involved. However, he can score when needed and uses his body effectively to get to the hoop. We didn’t get a chance to see what type of range he had because he was unstoppable going to the hole. Jack is a certain high major prospect and gave us a list of Georgia Tech, Cincinnati, Maryland, Duke and Charlotte with Tech and Cincy as his co-leaders.

according the latest rivals article, he is seriously considering Kansas, and would like to play close to home…

DA, talk to your boy!!!

[i]Originally posted by Chisox17[/i]@Oct 4 2004, 08:36 AM [b] according the latest rivals article, he is seriously considering Kansas, and would like to play close to home...

DA, talk to your boy!!! [/b]

Actually, he said there’s a chance he might want to play close to home…so that’s one of the reasons he high on Kansas. OU, UCONN, Georgia, USC, OSU, Kansas have all been to see him workout, recently.

Blh (or anybody else in the know on recruiting), is there any news on Clark? Haven’t heard anything about him in a while.

It doesn’t look too good with Clark. Appears we are way out of the mix with him as he has a top 3 and we aren’t even mentioned.

Keith Clark Update - Rivals update from 11/26/04

His top 3 are: Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas. He will definitely visit Kansas and Cal. Right now, appears Kansas leads for his services.

Scout.com Profile: Keith Clark #27 Class of 2006

Not sure when this was updated but it says Charlotte leads for Clark:

Schools of Interest:

School Interest Level Offer? Visit Date Signed LOI?
Charlotte High Interest Yes None
Maryland Med Interest No None
Oklahoma Med Interest No None
Oklahoma State Med Interest No None

Lefty, that has not been updated by scout.com. He recently (January) has spoken highly of Kansas, Texas and Oklahoma and my feel is that it will be between OU and Kansas based on his statements. I’ve put that on the Frozen thread for 2006 recruits.

Why would Telep unveil his updated top 100 with misinformation on a top 20 kid?

I have never seen Maryland mentinoned till this last list. As quickly as the recruiting world changes I am hoping this is the new list and Clark has put us back in the game because of Alexander. I still think it is a long shot to get him from the midwest but you never know.

There has to be a way to get these guy. Come one DA have a talk with your cousin and show him the light. A lineup of Clark, Alexander, Bright, Coleman, and Goldwire would be sick and then maybe Clark, Bright, Goldwire, Nolan Smith, and Beasley(if we can get him here) for the following year would be even sicker.

New discussion with him…here is a link that was originally posted on the Sports Forum. Looks like I may have been a little off and we apparently do lead over OU, Kansas, and others. His relationship with Courtney Alexander may indeed pay off.

Keith Clark interview (JJ) - Daily Press

I’m assuming you mean D’Angelo. Courtney plays in the NBA now.

[i]Originally posted by pcon[/i]@Apr 9 2005, 08:14 AM [b] A lineup of Clark, Alexander, Bright, Coleman, and Goldwire would be sick and then maybe Clark, Bright, Goldwire, Nolan Smith, and Beasley(if we can get him here) for the following year would be even sicker. [/b]
OMG those lineups are badass. I think I may have just jizzed.

4/19/05 interesting tidbit - From Jerry Young, Rivals.com Premium message board:

He told me Texas A&M and must have told Jerry (Meyer) Texas Tech. I think it’s really a moot point because I think USC and Charlotte are in good with him.

As BLH states in his 2006 tracker, Clark could indeed be a reality. I wonder when he plans to make his decision.