Keith Clark - 2006

Keith Clark - (2006, power forward, Athletes First) Listed Charlotte (favorite), Florida State, Kansas, Texas Tech and Miami.

[i]Originally posted by Neo[/i]@May 3 2005, 08:28 AM [b] Listed Charlotte (favorite), Florida State, Kansas, Texas Tech and Miami. [/b]
That makes me :D

Sorry folks, Clark’s closed. Moose out front should have told you.

He has apparently committed to Oklahoma. Some favorite we were.

Rivals

Link requires a subscription probably but here’s

[b]A few weeks ago the long standing belief that Clark would be tough to steal away from the Sooners came into question after an update on Rivals network in which he said that Oklahoma had slipped from his top group. It looks as though Clark might have been doing a bit of posturing.

“The decision has been coming for a while; I just thought I should probably just do it and get it over with. I knew it’s what I wanted to do,” he said.[/b]

That really sucks.

Another Rivals story - main site

From his AAU Coach:

“Oklahoma will either bring out the best in him or he will leave. I think he is a true warrior, and Coach Sampson loves those type of guys. I’m certain Keith will adapt and be a hell of a player there.”

From Rivals guy…Keith Clark scouting report:

Athletic and already possessing strength, Clark can control the boards on both ends. He can also score from both inside and outside although his scoring game is not very polished. Passing and handling skills do need to improve along with the consistency of his effort on the court.

Another top 100 recruit ends up elsewhere, this is becoming way too common. Ish Smith and Mack will just add to the list. We will be left with JUCOs and lower rated prospects who may be surprise contributors or they may be Travis Best quality.

The last four highly rated HS players we have gotten commitments from: Grier, Withers, Iti, Beasly

Two transfers, one guy who will likely never step foot on a college court and one good player.

Oh well, life as a Niner fan I guess…

Agreed. We will always have second crack, if any, at top level players. The top players that fall to us usually were passed on by the major programs bc they saw a weekness and let the player go, something i guess we can’t afford to do. Obviously the A-10 doesn’t help in regards to a marketing pitch. My question is: How come schools like Wisconsin, West Virginia, Gonzaga, etc. can recruit a lower calliber player and still get it done? Is it coaching?

[i]Originally posted by CMack124[/i]@May 25 2005, 07:35 PM [b] Another top 100 recruit ends up elsewhere, this is becoming way too common. Ish Smith and Mack will just add to the list. We will be left with JUCOs and lower rated prospects who may be surprise contributors or they may be Travis Best quality.

The last four highly rated HS players we have gotten commitments from: Grier, Withers, Iti, Beasly

Two transfers, one guy who will likely never step foot on a college court and one good player.

Oh well, life as a Niner fan I guess… [/b]

I hope you meant TYLER Best, we’ve never had a player as good as Travis Best…

[i]Originally posted by 49ermullets1[/i]@May 26 2005, 08:15 AM [b] Agreed. We will always have second crack, if any, at top level players. The top players that fall to us usually were passed on by the major programs bc they saw a weekness and let the player go, something i guess we can't afford to do. Obviously the A-10 doesn't help in regards to a marketing pitch. My question is: How come schools like Wisconsin, West Virginia, Gonzaga, etc. can recruit a lower calliber player and still get it done? Is it coaching? [/b]
My advice: Take a step back and evaluate the Charlotte program. Niners have been getting it done. Really be objective about it. The program is a winner and with less talent than the big boys. I call it overachieving actually but it's good to keep expectations sky-high.

I don’t care how we win, just win baby.

How can a coach who doesn’t want to be here convince players they should.
I suspect most of our potential recruits know that Lutz didn’t want to be in the A 10, and that he wants to leave here.
Would anyone care to figure up what the typical stay of bball player here is? 2 years, maybe?
Had Grier and Iti developed their potential here, we could have had a national power. We missed a golden opportunity.

With 18 year olds, you never know what they’re thinking or going to do next (one of the joys of coaching college ball I guess). :o Clark hasn’t signed anything and I don’t think he can until November. Not that anyone’s holding their breath but this is not final. On to the next prime target as far as I’m concerned.

[i]Originally posted by Jimmyhat49er+May 26 2005, 09:52 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Jimmyhat49er @ May 26 2005, 09:52 AM)

There for a while, we seemed to be getting more than our fair share of top 100 and top 150 guys… Iti, Reed, Withers, Grier, Basden, White, Baldwin, Tolliver, Hill, Thomas, Brown, Johnson and so on. It seems that for the last two recruiting years, and so far in '06, we have just not gotten it done recruiting-wise. This is truly an alarming trend to say the least.
The scary part is that we haven’t landed a top 100 guy ever since the announced move to the A-10. I know that other A10 schools land top 100 guys, so hopefully this is just a cold spell and nothing else.

Dee Tolliver was a top 150!?!? wwwwooowww. He was basically reduced to walk-on status his last couple years

Butch Pierre was a big boost to us as an assistant for recruiting. He pulled Hayward, Price, Young, and others
Orlando Early then came in and got it done.
Nickleberry had good connections. Every time I see Clemson somehow land a stud I think he has to be in on it.
We simply don’t have a “stud” assistant in recruiting.
I just don’t think that Dalonte is professional enough to pull in the guys.

[b]Dee Tolliver was a top 150!?!? wwwwooowww. He was basically reduced to walk-on status his last couple years [/b]

I listed at 93 at one point. He never got a fair shot though.

[i]Originally posted by pcon[/i]@May 26 2005, 11:53 PM [b] He never got a fair shot though. [/b]
i watched him play for several years and seem to remeber him getting plenty of chances to show what he could do. he always seemed uptight and nervous on the court, which resluted in turnovers and bricks. dude was a hell of a shooter in practice tho, he would sink like ten threes in a row like it was nothing. he also had a ridiculous vertical, which most people dont know about.

[URL]http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/goodmanonfox/2008/01/11/MAJERUS_GENIUS_NO_MORE[/URL]

[I][B]“Oklahoma has lost sophomore forward Keith Clark, who is academically ineligible[/B]. Clark was averaging 5.4 points per game and was a talented player”[/I]

Danng…