Kennedy Meeks - 2013 C - Offer

Apparently we are interested.

Charlotte watching as well. Disappointed Kennedy Meeks isn't playing. Was looking forward to watching the 2013 big fella.

http://twitter.com/NorthstarBball/status/19339454255

Rivals - no stars

Scout - 3 stars

ESPN - 92 rating

I was hoping we would pop up for him. Meeks is a beast in the 2013 class.

http://www.flagrantfouls.com/2010/07/espn-super-soph-camp-standouts/

Kennedy Meeks (6-8, 240, Team United) The big boy from Charlotte has an extremely soft pair of hands. He can catch almost anything thrown at him and has great touch around the basket. He made floaters, shots, and used the glass to score in the paint. He clearly needs to shed some baby fat, but his skill set is off the charts. He’s a good rebounder and tremendous outlet passer. We’re really excited to track his development over the next few years.

read a report from Scout.com a while back that said he could possibly be the best post player to come out of Charlotte since Jason Parker.

Hopefully, he won’t make the same mistakes Jason made, starting with not coming here.

Hopefully, he won’t make the same mistakes Jason made, starting with not coming here.[/quote]

Let’s hope.

Sounds like a little taller Shamari Spears. I like it

i think it was espn.com that said he might be the best post player in the class of 2013.

I was wondering if we where interest in him. From what I read, he didn’t play that much at West Charlotte last years. Being considered one of the best in NC for 2013 behind Rodney Purvis.

BsnowRivals tweet:

One of my favorite 2013 prospects Kennedy Meeks showing of his skills in front of zero coaches… Consider me baffled

well, consider me on the verge of being excited! :stuck_out_tongue:

ESPN blurb

• Class of 2013 power forward Kennedy Meeks (Charlotte, N.C./West Charlotte) got our attention with his strong hands and soft touch. He is a wide-bodied post who has a great knack for scoring and rebounds with power in his area. Meeks reminds us of former University of Louisville and NBA great Wes Unseld.

In action tonight against Niner signee Terrence Williams tonight at West Meck (8 PM). I highly expect our coaching staff to be there.

I saw him play a few times last year, but was more focused on watching JT Terrell play. I don’t believe Meeks even started, and didn’t seem to be a standout other than his size. 6’8 might be generous for him unless hes hit a growth spurt in the past year.

He did start last year and barely played from what I saw (was only scoring a few point a game). Scout love his size and potential.
I was standing next to him in the Summer at the pro am and it didn’t seem to be 6’8…about 6-6 but has good size.

15 points for Meeks (#40 in the photo below) last night in a win over Vance.

Meeks, who was dominant on the inside, also had eight rebounds in the game. "Kennedy is really growing up, he's showing up size and getting back on defense - closing out on shots," he said. "He's doing a tremendous job."

Won the 4A state title today.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/03/12/2136757/west-charlotte-wins-state-title.html

I really hope we are all over this kid. He’s huge and he’s still growing. He has great hands and a good attitude. He will be a big-time national recruit and we can make a huge statement in this city’s recruiting circles if we land him.

We have no shot, from what I’ve heard. Seems like he’s Georgetown’s if (when) the offer.

2013 post Kennedy Meeks of West Charlotte (NC) says Charlotte, Clemson and Louisville all stopped by last wk. UVA due in this wk.