Kennesaw Post Game

If our team repeats this performance, the top half of the A-10 will whack us. 3 games in a row of suspect play.[/quote]

I know it, holding a team to 37% shooting while shooting 64% yourself is a recipe for disaster! I can’t believe we only outrebounded them by what, 4?

On top of that (and this is the absolute worst!!!) Major still doesn’t make any half time adjustments, you know what I mean?! I can not believe that they managed to score 19 points in the second half.[/quote]
Beating Kennesaw State puts us in the company of Eastern Kentucky, Radford, Towson, Georgia Southern, Chattanooga, and Tennessee-Martin. Now tell me again why I should be impressed with this win?

If our team repeats this performance, the top half of the A-10 will whack us. 3 games in a row of suspect play.[/quote]

I know it, holding a team to 37% shooting while shooting 64% yourself is a recipe for disaster! I can’t believe we only outrebounded them by what, 4?

On top of that (and this is the absolute worst!!!) Major still doesn’t make any half time adjustments, you know what I mean?! I can not believe that they managed to score 19 points in the second half.[/quote]
Beating Kennesaw State puts us in the company of Eastern Kentucky, Radford, Towson, Georgia Southern, Chattanooga, and Tennessee-Martin. Now tell me again why I should be impressed with this win?[/quote]

Because now we’re 10-1. A win is a win, people! NC State beat UNC-Ashville by 2 points and go look at UNC-Ashville’s schedule.

Did Sokool chug a 5th of SoCo and steal Honest Niner’s login creds?

I’m just glad we’re not the tarheels this year. God, how awful must it be to be having that season.

If you honestly think this team is terrible then please start a new thread about it so we can debate it there. Can we start talking about what this thread was made for now? I missed the game, not realizing it was an afternoon game.

How was the game so close the whole time when there was such a discrepency in shooting percentages? And it’s not like we were being outrebounded or turning the ball over a lot more than them (looking at the box score). I saw our FT% was terrible once again but we didn’t get to the line all that much anyways.

And can anyone else answer the question about our team arriving only an hour before tip-off? I was really looking at this game as a trap game and I’m really happy to come away with a 14 point W.

Beating Kennesaw State puts us in the company of Eastern Kentucky, Radford, Towson, Georgia Southern, Chattanooga, and Tennessee-Martin. Now tell me again why I should be impressed with this win?[/quote]

Because now we’re 10-1. A win is a win, people! NC State beat UNC-Ashville by 2 points and go look at UNC-Ashville’s schedule.[/quote]
NC State also has multiple quality wins.

But seriously…

Teams are really starting to sag and pack it in. We all saw that was the recipe against us and now it seems there is enough game footage so that everyone knows it. No more 1 on 1s for Braswell et al and all the 3-pointers we can miss, er, I mean take.

The only way we take control of games, like we did today, is forcing turnovers and misses that lead to fast break points.

I still think we’re better than, or at least on par with, half the A-10. I think we all wanted a feel-good ass beating today and are underwhelmed with the way we looked, but damn…we held them to 19 in the 2nd half and 52 overall.

Cuz we didn’t lose on the road against a DI team. Some of y’all think we have a top 25 history of being great year in and year out. We are freaking 10-1 with our only loss right now to a very good miami team.

Lets see what happens with the rest of the year before you say “we suck”. We are 10-1! Damn, we have to be the suckiest 10-1 team in the history of college basketball.

[quote=“BadDog, post:45, topic:27275”]If you honestly think this team is terrible then please start a new thread about it so we can debate it there. Can we start talking about what this thread was made for now? I missed the game, not realizing it was an afternoon game.

How was the game so close the whole time when there was such a discrepency in shooting percentages? And it’s not like we were being outrebounded or turning the ball over a lot more than them (looking at the box score). I saw our FT% was terrible once again but we didn’t get to the line all that much anyways.

And can anyone else answer the question about our team arriving only an hour before tip-off? I was really looking at this game as a trap game and I’m really happy to come away with a 14 point W.[/quote]

We were attrocious the 1st half…lots of turnovers. They hit 5 3-pointers and their big-guy, from what their announcers were saying, had a “career day”.

The second half we did what we do best. Forced some turnovers, they started missing, and thus the 14-point victory.

How are we bad if we have beaten all the teams we “should” have?

[quote=“BadDog, post:45, topic:27275”]If you honestly think this team is terrible then please start a new thread about it so we can debate it there. Can we start talking about what this thread was made for now? I missed the game, not realizing it was an afternoon game.

And can anyone else answer the question about our team arriving only an hour before tip-off? I was really looking at this game as a trap game and I’m really happy to come away with a 14 point W.[/quote]

There were a lot of factors at work. They were on fire in the first half, shooting 5-6 from the 3-pt line. The refs were letting both teams muck it up in the paint, which lead to a really ugly game. Lots of contact, lots of loose balls. We looked sluggish in the first half and the announcers said in the second half that we arrived about an hour and a half before tip.

The game was never really in question, I think it was just a physical grind it out kind of game. Thankfully, that’s what we are built for and we dominated them in the second half. Clayton was in foul trouble all game, and that hurt our rebounding.

We missed 9 fts and had some bad turnovers. But, at the same time, they only scored 52 points and we absolutely shut them down in the second half. When you go on the road in college basketball, these things happen.

I don’t think we are a great team but I also don’t think we are any worse then from last year. If anything we are just one or two players away from being a very competitive team. If we can get a good post player to replace Braswell who will graduate this year and an outside shooter then we will be in business.

As far as landing 4 and 5 star talent is concerned, players of that caliber are going to be going to BCS schools or the higher mid major teams than us. The way we have been playing the last couple of years the risks are of coming here are just not worth it for players of that caliber. Major is going to have to show that he can win with the 2 and 3 star recruits that he is landing in order to get the necessary recognition to start pulling the 4 and 5 star talent that some people want.

I think Major can eventually do it, but for now he is going to have to work with the best talent he can get at this current time.

[quote=“dmastinsc, post:47, topic:27275”]But seriously…

Teams are really starting to sag and pack it in. We all saw that was the recipe against us and now it seems there is enough game footage so that everyone knows it. No more 1 on 1s for Braswell et al and all the 3-pointers we can miss, er, I mean take.

The only way we take control of games, like we did today, is forcing turnovers and misses that lead to fast break points.

I still think we’re better than, or at least on par with, half the A-10. I think we all wanted a feel-good ass beating today and are underwhelmed with the way we looked, but damn…we held them to 19 in the 2nd half and 52 overall.[/quote]

KSU didn’t press a lot, they dropped back into coverage and sagged off our wings. That definitely gave us some problems in the first half. I think teams are starting to realize that we turn the ball over way more in the half court than we do off of full court pressure. We need someone to be good enough at shooting the three that the defense can’t just let us have the three.

On the other hand, we’re shooting 20 something percent from behind the arc and we only lost one game.

[quote=“Hal Jordan, post:52, topic:27275”]I don’t think we are a great team but I also don’t think we are any worse then from last year. If anything we are just one or two players away from being a very competitive team. If we can get a good post player to replace Braswell who will graduate this year and an outside shooter then we will be in business.

As far as landing 4 and 5 star talent is concerned, players of that caliber are going to be going to BCS schools or the higher mid major teams than us. The way we have been playing the last couple of years the risks are of coming here are just not worth it for players of that caliber. Major is going to have to show that he can win with the 2 and 3 star recruits that he is landing in order to get the necessary recognition to start pulling the 4 and 5 star talent that some people want.

I think Major can eventually do it, but for now he is going to have to work with the best talent he can get at this current time.[/quote]

you know braswell, lester, nickerson, clayton, henry were all four star players at least at some point during their recruitiment so we can land them.

[quote=“Hal Jordan, post:52, topic:27275”]I don’t think we are a great team but I also don’t think we are any worse then from last year. If anything we are just one or two players away from being a very competitive team. If we can get a good post player to replace Braswell who will graduate this year and an outside shooter then we will be in business.

I think Major can eventually do it, but for now he is going to have to work with the best talent he can get at this current time.[/quote]

Our current rotation is 70%+ underclassmen.

[quote=“Powerbait, post:51, topic:27275”][quote=“BadDog, post:45, topic:27275”]If you honestly think this team is terrible then please start a new thread about it so we can debate it there. Can we start talking about what this thread was made for now? I missed the game, not realizing it was an afternoon game.

There were a lot of factors at work. They were on fire in the first half, shooting 5-6 from the 3-pt line. The refs were letting both teams muck it up in the paint, which lead to a really ugly game. Lots of contact, lots of loose balls. We looked sluggish in the first half and the announcers said in the second half that we arrived about an hour and a half before tip.

The game was never really in question, I think it was just a physical grind it out kind of game. Thankfully, that’s what we are built for and we dominated them in the second half. Clayton was in foul trouble all game, and that hurt our rebounding.

We missed 9 fts and had some bad turnovers. But, at the same time, they only scored 52 points and we absolutely shut them down in the second half. When you go on the road in college basketball, these things happen.[/quote]

I was wondering where he was all game. I saw he had 3 PFs with about 10 min to go in the game so I figured he must’ve gotten his 3rd pretty early.

Someone’s gotta learn how to make 3 point shots for this team, and the entire team needs to learn how to shoot free throws.

[quote=“BadDog, post:56, topic:27275”][quote=“Powerbait, post:51, topic:27275”][quote=“BadDog, post:45, topic:27275”]If you honestly think this team is terrible then please start a new thread about it so we can debate it there. Can we start talking about what this thread was made for now? I missed the game, not realizing it was an afternoon game.

We missed 9 fts and had some bad turnovers. But, at the same time, they only scored 52 points and we absolutely shut them down in the second half. When you go on the road in college basketball, these things happen.[/quote]

I was wondering where he was all game. I saw he had 3 PFs with about 10 min to go in the game so I figured he must’ve gotten his 3rd pretty early.

Someone’s gotta learn how to make 3 point shots for this team, and the entire team needs to learn how to shoot free throws.[/quote]

If I was Major, I would have these kids in the gym shooting ft’s as much as possible. It is really quite embarrassing how bad we are at them. That said, very nice to be 10-1!

Because they’re worse. Duh.

Because they’re who we thought they are.[/quote]

Until we lose games to bad teams I will be optimistic. More fun that way anyways. Some people love to be downers. That has to be a sad life.