Kenyan Harmon - 2007

I don’t have too much on this kid, but he is a SF from North Augusta HS in (North Augusta, SC). According to one site, we have offered. Others involved are: Florida State, Georgia, Michigan, SMU, South Carolina. Hopefully I’ll have more soon.

theinsiders.com list him as a 2 Star recruit. Nothing else on him. We are the only team to offer as of now. FSU, Michigan, SMU, Georgia and South Carolina all have shown interest.

Rivals has nothing on him…

July 5, 2005

Charlotte (offer), Arizona, UConn, Iowa, Villanova, Purdue, Iowa State and Florida State have been in touch with Harmon recently.

has been reclassified into 2007

per scout.com

[b]Kenyan Harmon, PF/SF, Topps – He went for 23 points, 5 boards and was 12-for-16 from the line in the game we caught. He’s been reclassed into 2007 and is a high-major athlete who is rounding out his game. He’s got the next two years to make it happen and he’ll need to play consistently and with a presence on the glass.[/b]

sounds like he is gonna be a good player eventually

6-8

More info on him below. Per the 1st one he is going to Laurinburg Institute next year.

Laurinburg Bound

Harmon

BUMP<

Scout lists him as a 3 start recruit. Sounds like a good player that has wanted to play for Charlotte all along.

[b]Scout lists him as a 3 start recruit. Sounds like a good player that has wanted to play for Charlotte all along.[/b]

Where are you getting/hearing about wanting to play for Charlotte? The one article above mentions North Carolina and UCONN.

Nevermind…I didn’t see the other thread.

he basically rewarded us with our loyality and our persistance in recruiting him and not backing down. we were the first to get their with an offer and we came out on top. Thank god for great recruiting.

from what i have read and heard, this guy is a seriously talented player, and has just been flying under the radar. i wont be surprised to see him on the top 150 list his junior and senior year.

i think he could potentially be a top 100 recruit eventually scotty.

August 10, 2005

Comments from Hoop Scoop on Harmon’s committment…

“It also appears that 6’7 Kenyan Harmon from North Augusta (H.S.) SC has verbally committed to Charlotte, but he plans to enroll first at Laurinburg (Institute) NC, where he will be reclassified as a junior. You now, that’s the guy who we had ranked #15 at the Pangos All-American Camp in early June, but was left out of the top all-star game because he didn’t have the right politics. So, instead, he had to settle for 16 points and MVP honors in the Top 45 All-Star Game. Right now Harmon is an undersized power forward, but he’s got big time athleticism and his ball handling and outside shooting have improved enough over the last year that we think he’s got a chance to develop into a wing forward down the road. The addition of Harmon also moves Charlotte’s recruiting class, which also includes 6’7 Jr Michael Beasley from Mouth of Wilson (Oak Hill) VA, into a close second, right behind Florida, on our list of the Top Recruiting Classes To-Date for the Class of 2007.”

Number 2 recruiting class? WOW! Now we just need Beasley’s friend Nolan Smith to choose us over Louisville, that would make us Number ONE!

[b]Number 2 recruiting class? WOW! Now we just need Beasley's friend Nolan Smith to choose us over Louisville, that would make us Number ONE![/b]

Half brother, but whatever works. I like to see Harmon at small forward(with his ball handling) and Beasley at power forward(tall enough, 6-9 now and probably could be 6-10 when it done with) or shooting guard- is he a good enough shooter for a shooing guard? If so, that would be a huge line-up. SG-Beasley’s(6-9/6-10), SF-Harmon(6-7/6-8), PG- Smith(6-3), PF- Millis(6-8), and C- Toombs(6-10) or some huge guy like Nance :wow:

JJ has a story on NinerReport that is one of his best yet.

There’s a lot to raise your eyebrows… particularly Beasley and him talking over the summer and Beasley telling Harmon to come on down and win a ring with him.

[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud[/i]@Aug 15 2005, 11:23 AM [b] JJ has a story on [url=http://charlotte.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=443081]NinerReport[/url] that is one of his best yet.

There’s a lot to raise your eyebrows… particularly Beasley and him talking over the summer and Beasley telling Harmon to come on down and win a ring with him. [/b]

I wish it were free.

[i]Originally posted by ninerID[/i]@Aug 15 2005, 12:59 PM [b] I wish it were free. [/b]
subscribe. its worth the money.

Here it is, just for you ninerID…

Harmon’s sign points to Charlotte

pump fake and penetrate and he’s at the basket in a dribble for a dunk/layup?! i like him!