Kenyan Harmon - 2007

jeepers, I’m really starting to think this is really going to happen… Beasley, Harmon, …?

Can you imagine?

WOW!

Coach Lutz has to be sleeping well lately…

id like to go to that prep school of his and watch a game or something…not too far away…plus id wear my niner nation shirt and made sure he heard me in the stands :smiley:

[i]Originally posted by NINERcowbellplayer[/i]@Aug 16 2005, 12:20 AM [b] id like to go to that prep school of his and watch a game or something...not too far away..plus id wear my niner nation shirt and made sure he heard me in the stands :D [/b]
Laurinburg travels all over the country to play. They should be in some area tournaments.

Speaking of games being played close to home. Oak Hill (Beasley, Smith) will play in a tournament at ASU and at Statesville Christian. These may already have been mentioned.

What about the Dell Curry Tour.? Are either team playing this year. Also, I believe Oak hill is playing Providence Day again this year.

pcon,

Hooligan said in the Beasley thread that Oak Hill is going to play at Central Cabarrus. Apparently there was a post on TBR about it, but I didn’t see it. If HoopsJunky is readin this thread, he’d probably know where Oak Hill is going to play in NC this year.

The Observer reported in yesterday’s paper that Oak Hill would play at Statesville Christian on November 5th.

scout.com: Laurinburg coach moving on

Interesting development. Harmon is/was heading to Laurinburg for his Jr & Sr. year. We’ve got a history with Chris Chaney. He coached Rodney White at Newport Prep. We’ve recruited several guys at Laurinburg and pointed Wafer in that direction before he skipped town and ended up in Texas.

The good news is Chaney is taking over at The Patterson School in Lenoir, NC (about 1 1/2 hrs from Charlotte). Could become a nice pipeline for us. I wonder if Harmon will switch to Patterson.

[b]Don’t bet against Chaney, who will bring nearly all of his recruits – including Arizona-bound big man Jordan Hill and forward Davon Jefferson, who is likely one of a couple of players who might make the jump from the preps directly to the NBA after this season.

The most difficult factor for Chaney while at Laurinburg was to get players despite sub-par facilities. He won’t have that problem any longer. Patterson has a gym on campus, tennis courts, a swimming pool, a game room and even horseback riding.
[/b]

It sounds like The Patterson School has changed since I went/played against them in Jr High. The school was from what I understand/was told was a boarding school.
Don’t really reminder the gym, but not one of the better gym(does not stick out as such).

[b]Scrimmage Date and Times: Wednesday, October 12, at Hibriten High School Gym, Lenoir, NC

5:00 p.m. Patterson School High School vs. Goldsboro, NC, Charis Prep

7:00 p.m. Patterson School Prep Team vs. Mouth of Wilson, VA, Oak Hill Academy

Admission: $5.00 for both scrimmage games[/b]

Tournament details

Is he playing on both Patterson School prep and hs team? On their website- HERE, he is listed on both rosters.

Also, Patterson School(prep) is playing at Halton on 2-6 also(before Oak Hill?).

They also stated that he is one of the top 35 juniors in the nation- not sure where they got that from.

Patterson School will play in Halton with Oak Hill in the 49ers Shootout Feb 6th (Monday night). Langston and The Observer better bring the hype. I don’t care whose fans show up as long as there’s a good crowd!!!

Patterson school updated website: [URL=http://www.pattersonschool.org/athletics/prepbasketball/index.htm]http://www.pattersonschool.org/athletics/prepbasketball/index.htm[/URL]

Wow, so maybe our association with Chapel Hill is a good thing! LOL!!

(From [URL=http://charlotte.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=443081]http://charlotte.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=443081[/URL])

[I]I sure am ready to get this recruiting thing over and done with. But which school? [/I]

“Charlotte, Connecticut, Auburn, Pittsburgh,” he thinks before putting the remote control down to think.

After a few minutes of deep thought Harmon glances at the television.

“Get em’ MJ,” he says while watching ESPN Classic.

[I]Boy Michael Jordan was nice in his heyday at North Carolina. Wait… North Carolina…… North Carolina Charlotte… That’s it. That’s it. That’s my sign…[/I]

His fingers couldn’t dial fast enough. He couldn’t smile big enough. He’d received the breakthrough that he was looking for.

A sign, the sign.

He knew which college he wanted to go to now. It was Charlotte and the Niners had to know.

“I just said 'coach (Benny) Moss, I just want to come and play for y’all,” Harmon says. “I just kept looking at the North Carolina on his jersey and it made me think of Charlotte. So I said ‘that’s where I want to go.’ Coach Moss was pretty shocked.”

Bittersweet.

youre about 3 months late

I know, but my buddies were having an argument over our ties to Chapel Hill recently, and I found this relevant . :smile:

Playing at Belmont Abbey next week(Wed. 1-18 at 7:00). Patterson vs Belmont Abbey.

Any news on Harman?

I am excited about this kid. I found this…

From Feb. 2nd
"In the [U]high school game[/U] Patterson School beat Mount Zion by 26 points, 78-52. 6-7 wing forward [B]Kenyon Harmon (Charlotte)[/B] led Patterson with 20 points, including three 3-pointers"

Anyone have the latest scoop on this kid?

per scout.com

[QUOTE]Kenyan Harmon committed to Charlotte largely because of Benny Moss, who left Bobby Lutz to become the head coach at UNC-Wilmington.

The 6-foot-8, 200-pound junior, who re-classified this past season at Patterson School (N.C.), said that the 49ers are still in the mix.

``I want to see what other opportunities I can get,” Harmon said. “With Benny leaving, that changed my mind.” [/QUOTE]

Charlotte now listed with Medium Interest and a schollie offered

With Benny leaving?? I thought his uncertainty was due to Hill? I’m confused about all this. I thought typically recruits left when the Head Coach left not Asst. Coach.