Kenyan Harmon - 2007

Here we go, here we go again ( that tune comes to mind )

Some time recruits hardly ever talk to the head coach, assistants cover certain parts of the country and ,like Moxley has done at Maryland, they build good relationships with those players. We might have someone come along with Moxley.

Allie, NinerReport for some reason asked Harman if Dalonte leaving affected him and he basically said no…but was hearing from some new teams including UCONN. Benny was his primary recruiter.

Oh. But it still surprises me that we might lose another recruit because an asst. coach left.

Shouldn’t suprise. The players often first develop a relationship with the assistant coach first, then (if at all) with the head coach. We’re lucky that Bobby himself does a lot of recruiting… it helps us in these situations, but not always.

Look at the Jeff Jones aspect from UMD. They are certain they will lose him because of Moxley coming back here coupled with Gary Williams not really having spent any time with him.

When head coaches leave, the most visible effect is players who are signed to LOIs are often granted their releases. But it does affect players who are being recruited as well, as the new coach and his priorities are put in place.

Ranked #118 Per Rivals Pre-Summer Rankings.

Charlotte is the only team listed as high interest.

we are still the only ones who have offered on scout.com and we have medium interest.

Ranked #118 Per Rivals Pre-Summer Rankings.

Charlotte is the only team listed as high interest.

We’re still the only school listed as high interest even after Benny leaving?? I’m getting scared…

[QUOTE=gotLutz;173121]We’re still the only school listed as high interest even after Benny leaving?? I’m getting scared…[/QUOTE]

From pretty early on up until he signed his LOI, Curtis Withers only had two or three schools on his list showing interest, the Niners, SoCal, and maybe one other. It wasn’t cause he couldn’t play (duh… but even then he was top 75), but because the other schools knew he was pretty much a lock for Charlotte so they didn’t pursue him.

I remember one SoCal fan griping - “Why are we even on his list still? He’s obviously headed to Charlotte.” That made me smile. :shades:

5/14/06

He is now looking at Auburn, Miami, Arizona, Iowa and Charlotte.

new video up on rivals. We are the only one on his list to have offered. I really hope we land this kid.

That block he had was disgusting.

Impressive clip. Would really like to see him here!!!

Had a game high 21 for his South Carolina Ravens in a blow out win over a California hoops team.

from rivals: Long and athletic, Harmon can go and get a rebound and has some NBAish moves. The only problem is that he doesn’t always convert. Nonetheless, he is always around the ball and involved in plays and is oozing with potential. Just needs some refinement.

Still in good shape for Harmon. See my sig.

Moxley is on him now?

Lefty, can you expand on that statement please?

That’s all I heard. We are in good shape for him coming here.

I noticed that the current Patterson Headmaster and coach (Chris Chaney) were together at Newport Prep around the same time as Rodney White. I believe Moxley recruited Rodney and Demon.

http://www.pattersonschool.org/athletics/prepbasketball/pdfarticles/Sportsline_Article%5B1%5D.pdf

per scout.com

[QUOTE]Kenyan Harmon, a power forward out of North Carolina, said that while he’s no longer “committed” to Charlotte, [B]the 49ers are still remain No. 1 on his list[/B].

Harman was named to the Top 20 all-star game at the Pangos Camp last weekend. During the event, Harmon said he had an offer from Auburn and was hearing from Arizona, UConn and Miami. [/QUOTE]

very good to hear lefty and moss