Kevin Olsen - 2016 JUCO QB - signed with Charlotte

just found this… good role model nearby!
Olsen, the brother of current Carolina Panthers tight end and former Miami Hurricane Greg Olsen, was a redshirt freshman in 2014 and had been suspended three times as a Miami player. His suspension in the spring of 2014 helped Brad Kaaya to seize the starting quarterback job for the season.

If he truly has matured and is ready to get serious, this could be a huge, huge get for us.

Looking at his HS offer list he is obviously possessing of top talent.

Crossing my fingers that this is the stroke of luck that Charlotte needs and this man set some records here.

He certainly has plenty of receivers to throw to. Plenty of talent there.

Welcome aboard Mr Olsen!

[quote=“cltniners, post:19, topic:30050”]clt links to the observer story about a 4 star qb signing with the local FBS team. That 4 star qb is also the brother of the star tight end of the best team in the nfl, which happens to be in Charlotte.

The link:[/quote]

LOL!

Classic CLT

[quote=“cltniners, post:19, topic:30050”]clt links to the observer story about a 4 star qb signing with the local FBS team. That 4 star qb is also the brother of the star tight end of the best team in the nfl, which happens to be in Charlotte.

They do have a story about former Tarheel Hakeem Nicks getting a chance with the Giants!

Sounds like a talented guy. Hopefully he contributes to more of a passing threat for the offense, agree with everyone that was by far the biggest weak link this year (especially given the coaches decided to throw a certain amount no matter the circumstances).

What got him the suspensions? Was it silly stuff, or something more serious?

[quote=“Gassman, post:24, topic:30050”][quote=“cltniners, post:19, topic:30050”]clt links to the observer story about a 4 star qb signing with the local FBS team. That 4 star qb is also the brother of the star tight end of the best team in the nfl, which happens to be in Charlotte.

They do have a story about former Tarheel Hakeem Nicks getting a chance with the Giants![/quote]

[quote=“cltniners, post:26, topic:30050”][quote=“Gassman, post:24, topic:30050”][quote=“cltniners, post:19, topic:30050”]clt links to the observer story about a 4 star qb signing with the local FBS team. That 4 star qb is also the brother of the star tight end of the best team in the nfl, which happens to be in Charlotte.

They do have a story about former Tarheel Hakeem Nicks getting a chance with the Giants![/quote]

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/article50184220.html[/quote]
Clt is unfair. There’s El Niño happening, 70 degrees

Our best writer is occupied studying Santa forecast

To interrupt clt’s 10:00 o’clock show, this is a big signing. This get is huge and perhaps his notoriety can not only help recruit, but build a little bridge with the Panthers and the rest of the metro area. There have been a lot of crappy days to be a Niner in the last couple of months, but this one should be one we should enjoy.

[quote=“Oldrowniner, post:27, topic:30050”][quote=“cltniners, post:26, topic:30050”][quote=“Gassman, post:24, topic:30050”][quote=“cltniners, post:19, topic:30050”]clt links to the observer story about a 4 star qb signing with the local FBS team. That 4 star qb is also the brother of the star tight end of the best team in the nfl, which happens to be in Charlotte.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/article50184220.html[/quote]
Clt is unfair. There’s El Niño happening, 70 degrees

Our best writer is occupied studying Santa forecast[/quote]

Sneak peak at paper:

Chance of rain today is 100%, UNCC may sign a JUCO quarterback, Go Heels.

[quote=“9erken, post:25, topic:30050”]Sounds like a talented guy. Hopefully he contributes to more of a passing threat for the offense, agree with everyone that was by far the biggest weak link this year (especially given the coaches decided to throw a certain amount no matter the circumstances).

What got him the suspensions? Was it silly stuff, or something more serious?[/quote]

Not silly stuff.

Olsen, a top-10 quarterback recruit while at Hills, was suspended three times while enrolled at the University of Miami where he violated team rules, failed a drug test, and was charged with DUI and possessing a fake driver’s license, ESPN.com reported.

Olsen joined the football team at Towson University but was dismissed from the team before he ever took a snap for violating team rules, The Record reported.

Let’s hope he has turned it around. Being near his brother should help.

Didn’t we pass on a qb with less issues? As far as I know Ferguson had no legal troubles and had never been dismissed from a team. Looks like the coaching staff realized you have to take a chance on questionable character if you want to win. Hopefully being in the same city as his older brother will set him straight. I look forward to seeing him play.

He made some mistakes years ago. Went to juco and didn’t have issues. Have to give kids second chances, especially when they’ve proven they have matured.

We weren’t the only ones to not go after Riley last year. I don’t know the why, but something or someone was giving the coaches red flags. Similar to Olsen, he proved himself enough this season to earn the respect of the staff. It just didn’t work out.

I’m excited Olsen is here. He’s the kind of kid Charlotte needs to pull in to compete. It’s a risk sure, but you don’t win at anything without taking a risk.

Also, people are bitching about the observer not writing an article but where is the press from the AD. We just signed arguably our best recruit ever in our biggest sport for the position we in which we struggled the most. No mention of it from the AD on the official Twitter page or website.

Because minitrue

Relationships matter. Richardsons. Think about it

They can’t…

ice up son

They can’t…

ice up son[/quote]
are you saying they can’t within the rules? Because they can now that the ink is on the NLI.

Plenty of coaches twitter profiles and athletics programs were welcoming kids yesterday.

They can’t…

ice up son[/quote]

I was under the impression that coaches and ADs could discuss a recruit once the NLI was signed. Am I wrong?

Man, this is how I feel about Charlotte 49ers athletics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFTZmECTVbs

I just can’t walk away.