Kevin Olsen - 2016 JUCO QB - signed with Charlotte

They can’t…

ice up son[/quote]

are you saying they can’t within the rules? Because they can now that the ink is on the NLI.

Plenty of coaches twitter profiles and athletics programs were welcoming kids yesterday.[/quote]
ou are correct if they gave the letter signed

I think for JUCO’s in the past, they let it all out in 1 release. For Signing Day, they notified per signee, if I’m not mistaken.

No stats from last year. GCCC is full of former D1 QBs.
I don’t think he has thrown a pass in a football game since high school. He’s 21.

[quote=“Mullins Maniac, post:43, topic:30050”]No stats from last year. GCCC is full of former D1 QBs.
I don’t think he has thrown a pass in a football game since high school. He’s 21.[/quote]http://www.cccaasports.org/sports/fball/2015-16/players/kevinolsenndwb?view=career

[quote=“Mullins Maniac, post:43, topic:30050”]No stats from last year. GCCC is full of former D1 QBs.
I don’t think he has thrown a pass in a football game since high school. He’s 21.[/quote]
No, he threw a number of TDs at his JUCO in California this past season.

Not true. He played @ Riverside last season.

Game Log: http://www.rccathletics.com/sports/fball/2015-16/players/kevinolsenndwb?view=gamelog

13 TDs, 10 Ints.

Decision making was Dilfer’s biggest criticism @ 2012 Elite11 camp (Top 25 HS QBs in nation). But he pulled himself together (focus) and ended up #11 in the camp. He’ll need to continue to develop that focus here.

My take on the coaching staff’s thinking on the Riley thing is this:
We thought Barden was going to be the four year starter and was better than he was last season.
Bringing in a transfer with issues, essentially over recruiting your four year starter, will cause Barden to transfer. It would also, in the staff’s mind, send a bad message to future recruits.

My take on the coaching staff thinking on Olsen:
Bring him in. He’s the best available player. We need him, current players will have to suck it up.

Basically, last year we were pollyannaish in this matter. I think the staff realizes this now. College football is dog eat dog.

I agree. I think the staff now realizes this is big boys football and players transfers all the time. Texas A&M just lost their top two QB’s in less than a week. One was a 5 star and the other a 4 star over perceived treatment. Coaches are use to change and Lambert knows he must put a better offensive on the field this yr than last year.

My take on the coaching staff’s thinking on the Riley thing is this:
We thought Barden was going to be the four year starter and was better than he was last season.
Bringing in a transfer with issues, essentially over recruiting your four year starter, will cause Barden to transfer. It would also, in the staff’s mind, send a bad message to future recruits.

My take on the coaching staff thinking on Olsen:
Bring him in. He’s the best available player. We need him, current players will have to suck it up.

Basically, last year we were pollyannaish in this matter. I think the staff realizes this now. College football is dog eat dog.[/quote]

I agree. I think the staff thought Barden was going to be the man and put all their eggs in his basket. Sometime between Riely and now, they realized they might not have what they thought they had in Barden. Their loyalty to Barden hurt us in this situation.

As far as Olsen, it is nice to have some (cautiously optimistic) good news for a change as a 49er fan.

I think Tintin’s approach to the Riley situation is on point, but it’s water under the bridge now.

I also think there is some validity to Oldrow’s comment regarding the Richardson relationship, and that’s not a bad thing. Sure, Olsen is a risk with his history, but the staff realized that they misjudged Barden last year and their loyalty cost them. I am sure that they also consulted with the Richardsons regarding Olsen’s growth and maturity and how being close to his brother could help him continue that growth. They also know that a strong bond between Charlotte and the Panthers can only help in the eyes of recruits and the community. Stadium Named after Panthers Owner? Check. Current Panthers helping at camp? Check. Pro Bowl player’s brother on the team? Perfect!

After Kevin proved he could stay out of trouble in California, I think he has also realized that this is his third, and likely last chance at D1 football. I’m hopeful he’s matured a lot in 2 years, and we’re about to see some special things in Richardson Stadium next year!

[quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:46, topic:30050”]Not true. He played @ Riverside last season.

Game Log: http://www.rccathletics.com/sports/fball/2015-16/players/kevinolsenndwb?view=gamelog

13 TDs, 10 Ints.

Decision making was Dilfer’s biggest criticism @ 2012 Elite11 camp (Top 25 HS QBs in nation). But he pulled himself together (focus) and ended up #11 in the camp. He’ll need to continue to develop that focus here.[/quote]

Thanks. For some reason I was thinking Garden City CC and not Riverside.

[quote=“HighFlying49er, post:50, topic:30050”]I think Tintin’s approach to the Riley situation is on point, but it’s water under the bridge now.

I also think there is some validity to Oldrow’s comment regarding the Richardson relationship, and that’s not a bad thing. Sure, Olsen is a risk with his history, but the staff realized that they misjudged Barden last year and their loyalty cost them. I am sure that they also consulted with the Richardsons regarding Olsen’s growth and maturity and how being close to his brother could help him continue that growth. They also know that a strong bond between Charlotte and the Panthers can only help in the eyes of recruits and the community. Stadium Named after Panthers Owner? Check. Current Panthers helping at camp? Check. Pro Bowl player’s brother on the team? Perfect!

After Kevin proved he could stay out of trouble in California, I think he has also realized that this is his third, and likely last chance at D1 football. I’m hopeful he’s matured a lot in 2 years, and we’re about to see some special things in Richardson Stadium next year![/quote]
Jr grandson on staff :wink:

I don’t want to be that guy that trashes a recruit we didn’t get, but I will any way. Have you ever heard Ferguson talk? The guy sounds like a wannabe gangster. Olsen is obviously no angel but his issues were making poor choices regarding alcohol. I don’t think our staff questions Olsen’s character (and hopefully won’t ever have to) but I think our coaches might of questioned Ferguson’s character maybe thinking he was a ME type player.

Then he is going to love Memphis.

Was Charlotte the only school interested in Olsen?

[quote=“truninersfan, post:55, topic:30050”]Was Charlotte the only school interested in Olsen?[/quote]Nah, he tweeted some other schools that had offered him.

I think Eastern Illinois was one of them.

Eastern Illinois is an FCS team who’s mascot is…get this…the Panthers.

Observer article.

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:58, topic:30050”]Observer article.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/football/article50346555.html[/quote]

The addition of Olsen gives the 49ers four legitimate starting candidates at quarterback.
[left][/left] I guess this answers the question wondering if D Scott actually covered any of our games last year.

^^ As soon as I read that line (Which was like the 2nd or 3rd one) I knew that article was another piece of trash.