KY post game

those td runs untouched on dive plays looked surreal. like we had only 6 players on the field.

My onlyreal takeaway from this game was: (as others have said) Barden should have been starting all year after they gave up on Matt starting. I don’t understand at all why you would start McNeil and then continue to play him for so long.

Outside of that, this game wasn’t any worse than I expected it to be. I know that feeds into the whole “culture of losing” mentality, but honestly… did anyone expect this game to even be close?

Edit: one more thing, I heard the guys in the booth say Coach Lambert thinks our record “should be 5-5” (as I’m sure many here do too). I would be REALLY interested to hear exactly why he thinks we only have 2 wins; that is to say, I’d like to know exactly why HE thinks we lost to FAU, ODU and UTSA.

Seeing it in person we were outmatched speed wise. Their guys didn’t look particularly bigger, but they seemed much quicker. Watching ours guys against them was like one team was in “real time speed” and the other in slow-mo.

Don’t think there will be a QB carousel next year. It’s GOT to stop. I want it to stop. Barden will probably be starter day one and won’t come out unless he’s hurt or the game is well in hand near the end (let’s hope that happens a few times :)) ).

I was impressed with Barden runs late. Need a line that can give him time and more speed at every position especially on defense.

[quote=“LzeroKI, post:2, topic:29985”]My onlyreal takeaway from this game was: (as others have said) Barden should have been starting all year after they gave up on Matt starting. I don’t understand at all why you would start McNeil and then continue to play him for so long.

Outside of that, this game wasn’t any worse than I expected it to be. I know that feeds into the whole “culture of losing” mentality, but honestly… did anyone expect this game to even be close?

Edit: one more thing, I heard the guys in the booth say Coach Lambert thinks our record “should be 5-5” (as I’m sure many here do too). I would be REALLY interested to hear exactly why he thinks we only have 2 wins; that is to say, I’d like to know exactly why HE thinks we lost to FAU, ODU and UTSA.[/quote]

He has said repeatedly that it was just “a few plays” that lost those games. I have confidence he knows the problem.

Braden can really run. That 25 yard streak down sideline was impressive athletically

We run a little read option so often and Barden hands the ball off 100% of time. He needs to keep it much more, A) because he’s fast and B) the def never comes to him! It’s right there on film every time. If he keeps the ball he had 3-4 possible nice gains.

SEC network guys mentioned repeatedly they had no idea what our numbers are
And our Marketing people/social media are so enarmored with our unis.

Once again, the offensive play calling is a head scratcher. Maybe it is the QB reading the defense, but why we run the ball on 3rd and 8 bugs me. If you are going to run it 3 straight times to make the game move quicker then why hurry up and snap the next play?

Barden will be a solid qb by midway through next year and will be a much talked about kid going into his junior and senior year. Really wish he had more snaps by this point but I’m moving on.

Game was what we thought it was going to be when the deal was signed, nothing has changed.

Should be able to secure a Special Teams coach for a few seasons with 900k

We came, we saw, we got $900,000.

[quote=“ninerID, post:10, topic:29985”]Barden will be a solid qb by midway through next year and will be a much talked about kid going into his junior and senior year. Really wish he had more snaps by this point but I’m moving on.

Game was what we thought it was going to be when the deal was signed, nothing has changed.

[glow=red,2,300]Should be able to secure a Special Teams coach for a few seasons with 900k[/glow][/quote]

Agreed on all points, especially the last. Special teams were bad again… Lambert best be happy Brewer is a solid kicker or this unit would look just horrible. Hart dropped his second punt snap this year that led to a quick TD. Sprinkle in a blockTD and numerous shanks this year it makes me wonder if they ever actually work on the punting game? I’m not even going to get into our non existent return game.

If your head coach is your special teams coach, you don’t have a special teams coach.

So is Barden our starting QB for next year or is it someone else? I Just don’t see the upside on Barden some of you do.

[quote=“Oldrowniner, post:8, topic:29985”]SEC network guys mentioned repeatedly they had no idea what our numbers are

https://twitter.com/realdadinstands/status/668242715059077120[/quote]

Unis: good
numbers: bad

[quote=“cibik02, post:13, topic:29985”]So is Barden our starting QB for next year or is it someone else? I Just don’t see the upside on Barden some of you do.[/quote]we also have Klugh. Only thing I’ve heard is he is very fast, has a big arm, but isn’t very accurate.

Matt Johnson 2.0?

Matt Johnson 2.0?[/quote]matt Johnson is not fast. I also wouldn’t really say he has a big arm. He can throw it pretty far, but his passes don’t have a lot of velocity.

[quote=“Oldrowniner, post:8, topic:29985”]SEC network guys mentioned repeatedly they had no idea what our numbers are

Talking about the numbers is one thing. Laughing at them is something else. Why do we always do shit like this? Is it that difficult to put decent readable numbers on the uniforms? Other teams do not seem to have problems like this. Why us?

[quote=“49r9r, post:18, topic:29985”][quote=“Oldrowniner, post:8, topic:29985”]SEC network guys mentioned repeatedly they had no idea what our numbers are

Talking about the numbers is one thing. Laughing at them is something else. Why do we always do s*** like this? Is it that difficult to put decent readable numbers on the uniforms? Other teams do not seem to have problems like this. Why us?[/quote]

Its the same root issues that allow the embarrassing norm in the laundry room videos to continue to see air. Indifference, lack of accountability, no attention to detail, poor taste, the list goes on and on

Wait, what’s the issue with the Norm/laundry room commercial? I’ve always thought it was funny enough for a low-cost production kinda deal.