La Sall Post Game

Did Alan not learn from Coastal Carolina or Bobby’s next to last game? Foul when up 3. It’s harder to hit 3 1’s than 1 3.

If they hadn’t completely lost that little twerp on D, it’s probably moot. Tough, tough loss. When Braz fouled out I knew we were doomed.

Sherill 24 points and 13 rebounds on only 8 shots. Wow

If someone had told me at the start of the season Sherill and JB would be out leading scorers I would have said no way in hell.

We tried our hearts out, just don’t have the depth do go that long.

Future is very bright

Was watching how we handle the ball. We really just dont handle it with enough intensity. And I mean, like holding it. Just not enough intensity for keeping the ball safe. Dribbling and passing are just less tactful than they need to be. Really, really need to learn to cherish the ball.

We lost the game because of the FTs at the end, and just letting them sneak back in to begin with.

I see maybe two more W’s - SLU and St Joe’s.

Nobody to blame but ourselves this time. Tough loss, yet again… Wilderness played only 18 minutes and fouled out. I wish Derrio could find his shot. Sucks to not get any points from either Sirin or Dew off the bench too. No depth, poor FT shooting hurt us tonight but not a lack of effort.

KJ had a great night though. Kudos to him.

Two things I saw:

First off we have no offense. We can’t go on runs b/c we can’t put the ball in. We have a team full of players who can do everything but shoot. I’m seeing much more effort on D but at the cost of our offense. All of our shooters minus KJ totally shut down after half time.

Second, we lost that game from the free throw line. This was the one thing we could say we had a definite advantage on. 100% at halftime. Then we must have went 3 for 15 in overtime. We had several chances to put this game away and DID NOT.

Everyone used to say no one is going to beat us by a ton b/c we are scrappy. Well we aren’t going to beat anyone by substantial points b/c we can’t shoot. Good thing we were at home. If this was away we lose by 15-20

… maybe

Mrs Nugget could not be more pissed about our not fouling when we were up by 3 in the final seconds. They were only shooting 13% from 3 point land, but playing those odds cost us the game. Again.

LaSalle’s #20 played the students tonight. I love the left/right mocking of players that foul out, but you can’t yell “SIT DOWN” when our player is shooting a free throw. Clearly #20 was paying attention.

[quote=“Nugget, post:9, topic:24861”]Mrs Nugget could not be more pissed about our not fouling when we were up by 3 in the final seconds. They were only shooting 13% from 3 point land, but playing those odds cost us the game. Again.

LaSalle’s #20 played the students tonight. I love the left/right mocking of players that foul out, but you can’t yell “SIT DOWN” when our player is shooting a free throw. Clearly #20 was paying attention.[/quote]

Yeah we gave him his due respect after the game. He punked half of halton

Wow, that was brutal to watch. Horrible FT shooting down the stretch and OT. I like Bras, but I’ve never seen anyone that misses more shots from inside of 5 feet than him (well, maybe one guy… but I won’t go there). That 5th foul on Bras was really dumb… coach shouldn’t even have had him in at that point. And not only did we not foul when we were up 3 at the end of the first OT, it looked like we weren’t even ready to play D. Not sure what happened there.

That said, I am impressed with the way this team continues to fight despite the score and despite being very undermanned. KJ and Barnett were impressive. We struggle to score at times and have occasional defensive lapses, but we never give up. You could tell we were exhausted there towards the end.

We needed this game. I really don’t want to be a team that can’t make the A10 tourney and we are going to be dangerously close.

We lost mainly because of missing free throws. It’s just pathetic–we’re supposed to be 1st in A-10 in free throw shooting. And, our lack of depth when Braz. was gone allowed them to go inside and either post-up or get to the line.

2 times we tried to win the game with a fall away, off balance, contested jump shot when running an iso play and getting to the rim to draw the foul and hitting just 1 FT would have won it. LaSalle players were all in foul trouble.

What makes me absolutely sick is that there are guys on this team playing as hard as they can but we waste it by playing absolutely stupid. We are not deep enough or good enough to keep overcoming these mistakes.

Another mistake - in the 1st OT Derrio got the ball to halfcourt with 7.5 secs left and we had 1 TOL. Instead of calling a TO and getting a good shot, we wave Derrio on and he shoots a freaking jumper, the exact kind of brainless crap that Bobby use dto get ripped for.

Sorry, my morale is in the dumps too. Lasalle is horrible. They gave us so many chances to win that game by missing easy shots and playing stupid and we just wouldnt win the game. It’s so depressing.

I really miss a packed Halton and the attitude that we were gonna win every game in there. I want it back. This senior class really screwed us.

Last year it took 5 wins for the #12 team to secure their spot in the A-10 tourney. At this rate I don’t see 4 more wins coming from this team this year.

I’m putting this one on Phil Jones. We would have won with an extra body, especially an extra big because that might have kept Braswell and Wilderness in the game–not to mention #24 would have probably fouled out sooner. How the heck does a black guy flunk African American Studies? That would be like Diego Gueverra flunking Spanish.

For those not there, #20 had just fouled out but did not sit down until we were in the act of shooting our free throw. Our player was in the act of shooting when the student section suddenly yelled “SIT DOWN!”. We missed that free throw (but we were missing half the ones we took at that point). Can some of the students down front motion to those behind you not to yell in this situation.

[quote=“Nugget, post:15, topic:24861”]I’m putting this one on Phil Jones. We would have won with an extra body, especially an extra big because that might have kept Braswell and Wilderness in the game–not to mention #24 would have probably fouled out sooner. How the heck does a black guy flunk African American Studies? That would be like Diego Gueverra flunking Spanish.[/quote]Why?

Its not like he is from Africa; the world’s second largest continent, with a history spanning thousands of years and dozens of civilizations.

There were plenty of white kids in my history classes that failed history about white civilizations.

[quote=“Niner National, post:17, topic:24861”][quote=“Nugget, post:15, topic:24861”]I’m putting this one on Phil Jones. We would have won with an extra body, especially an extra big because that might have kept Braswell and Wilderness in the game–not to mention #24 would have probably fouled out sooner. How the heck does a black guy flunk African American Studies? That would be like Diego Gueverra flunking Spanish.[/quote]Why?

Its not like he is from Africa; the world’s second largest continent, with a history spanning thousands of years and dozens of civilizations.

There were plenty of white kids in my history classes that failed history about white civilizations.[/quote]
I assumed that African American Studies focused more on the history and experiences of people of African heritage in America. Since most of our hoops players major in it I also assumed that it was not the most demanding program. Maybe these are bad assumptions.

I’m sure it isn’t terribly demanding, just like most liberal arts programs.

I was a liberal arts major and did not have any difficult classes. I almost never went to class, never bought books, and still managed to get only A’s and B’s.

[quote=“Niner National, post:19, topic:24861”]I’m sure it isn’t terribly demanding, just like most liberal arts programs.

I was a liberal arts major and did not have any difficult classes. I almost never went to class, never bought books, and still managed to get only A’s and B’s.[/quote]If only you had been 6’ 10". :smiley: