Lambert is out

This again? You canā€™t fire a football coach at that time in the coaching cycle. Putting together staff in March and April would have been a disaster. Hill has handles this perfectly.

1 Like

I am not saying Hill is tge problem. I think he would have should have fired Lambert, probably would have, but Hill was not empowered to do so. That path was set in stone by Judy and Phil. Regardless, Hillā€™s first football team will be losers. Hillā€™s first basketball team has a losing record early with a soft schedule. These may not be his fault, but he needs to be able to make moves like firing a one win football coach . And Lambertā€™s coaching cycle, Hill could have retained the staff for one additional year. Its not like Lambert was showing any progress in recruiting and the results this year will show another losing season. That is the only coaching cycle of note-Lambert losing cashing paychecks. Great guy, but gone years too late

2 Likes

After listening to Mike Hill, I have the utmost confidence he will find the right football coach to lead this program.

6 Likes

Lol ā€œdebatingā€ a common sense move. Funny.

1 Like

This would be interesting:

Iā€™d be a big fan of Lambert as a DC at ODU too. It would make finishing the season with at least one win every year likely. Just stay away from Spencer, I want him to stick around (unlikely I know).

Does he want Bruce Tallā€™s Brad Lambert, or Glenn Spencerā€™s Brad Lambert?There is quite the difference.

Would be thrilled for Coach if this were to happen though.

So THAT"S why they won today. :rofl:

No denying Lambert earned his :moneybag: today.