Lamont Mack (6'7, 210 lb SF) - 2007

You think that's bad:

http://www.euroleague.net/competition/players/showplayer?clubcode=ulk&pcode=LTJ

I think it may be his driver’s license photo.

I retract my earlier statement… Is someone kicking his dog?

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;217368]Do you want to win some games next year? We’re losing 3 starters and half our offense. If we can land McClain, I’m sure that would be #1 priority but we need immediate help. One JUCO, 4 freshman.[/QUOTE]
this guy is not going to carry us to the NCAA tournament so to me, it doesn’t really matter how many games we win. I’d rather have young talent play together and potentially shine two or three years down the road than filler that may not be able to make the transition to D1.

Do you want to win some games next year? We're losing 3 starters and half our offense. If we can land McClain, I'm sure that would be #1 priority but we need immediate help. One JUCO, 4 freshman.
How many times have you seen a JUCO come in and have an [U]immediate[/U] impact? I sure haven't. By the end of their first season, they may start to come around, but I've seen plenty of freshman do the samething. Not to mention if you can get a big man with some coordination in a league that generally has undersized bigs (outside of UMass) and since good 6'10"+ big man doesn't come calling every year I say here's your man. You could pick a JUCO up to give you 6 pts any day.
this guy is not going to carry us to the NCAA tournament so to me, it doesn't really matter how many games we win. I'd rather have young talent play together and potentially shine two or three years down the road than filler that may not be able to make the transition to D1.

but when all the extremely talented 4 years guys we were going after decide to jump ship you really can’t expect the coaching staff to find someone as talented as some of our former players when there is no one out there to get.

How many times have you seen a JUCO come in and have an [U]immediate[/U] impact? I sure haven't. By the end of their first season, they may start to come around, but I've seen plenty of freshman do the samething. Not to mention if you can get a big man with some coordination in a league that generally has undersized bigs (outside of UMass). A good 6'10"+ big man doesn't come calling every year. You could pick a JUCO up to give you 6 pts any day.
that good 6'10 guy no longer has us on his radar. UConn has offered him and Tom Moore is recruiting him its as good as done with him.

Apparently schools with national championships are more important to him than playing time.

[B]we aren't even on mcclain's rival page and that was updated recently[/B]. so seeing that i don't think we even remotely have a chance in hell with him.
Maybe his rival's page is run by another Tarheel like Langston Wertz.

Speaking of JUCO immediate impact, I’m sure none of us forgot about Sean Colson, Cam Stephen, Kelvin Price, James Zimmerman, Galen Young of the “glory days”.

Do you want to win some games next year? We're losing 3 starters and half our offense. If we can land McClain, I'm sure that would be #1 priority but we need immediate help. One JUCO, 4 freshman.

I was under the impression that Mack would play the 3 if he came here. I think we have a stockpile of 3s as it is. The main priority is to get someone that can step in and take the pressure off the young and inexperienced 4’s and 5’s if and when they need it. I did not realize Mack was a rebounder - I thought he was just another shooter. A JUCO rebounder is really what is needed and I hope he has the size to do well.

Maybe his rival's page is run by another Tarheel like Langston Wertz.
or maybe we were on his list. he narrowed it down to six schools and will soon be commiting to UConn

[QUOTE=the daxified one;217378]that good 6’10 guy no longer has us on his radar. UConn has offered him and Tom Moore is recruiting him its as good as done with him.

Apparently schools with national championships are more important to him than playing time.[/QUOTE]
its easy for fans to sit back and say things like that, I’ve said it myself, but every player thinks he is better than he is. They all believe they’re good enough to take over and start so playing for a high profile school is more important to most than playing time at a less successful program.

its easy for fans to sit back and say things like that, I've said it myself, but every player thinks he is better than he is. They all believe they're good enough to take over and start so playing for a high profile school is more important to most than playing time at a less successful program.

yeah so the odds of mcclain actually coming here are about a snow ball’s chance in hell

[B]Texas Hoops Analysis:[/B] [I]Lamont is a versatile player who can create mis-matches by playing on the block or out on the wing. He has a nice mid-range stroke and can hit the 3, can go inside and finish, can rebound and plays hard and with intensity.[/I]

[URL=http://charlotte.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=2&pr_key=55488#ticker]http://charlotte.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=2&pr_key=55488#ticker[/URL]

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;217470][B]Texas Hoops Analysis:[/B] [I]can rebound and plays hard and with intensity.[/I]
[/QUOTE]

Thats all I needed to hear. Sign him up!

[QUOTE=Chisox17;217554]Thats all I needed to hear. Sign him up![/QUOTE]
Word, sounds exactly like the guy we need.

i assume this guy would be for 2008 since we have used up all of our scholarships for next season.

[QUOTE=ninerfan55;217564]i assume this guy would be for 2008 since we have used up all of our scholarships for next season.[/QUOTE]

We have one scholarship left to give. He would play this comming fall.

what about barnett. i thought with him, phil, gerrity, wilderness, whitehurst and gaby we used them all up.

[QUOTE=ninerfan55;217568]what about barnett. i thought with him, phil, gerrity, wilderness, whitehurst and gaby we used them all up.[/QUOTE]

Gerrity is on scholarship now. Whitehurst isn’t coming, mutual decision, back problems. We have 5 seniors so 5 to give.

Signed:
Wilderness - FR
Gaby Ngoundjo - FR
Jones -FR

Committed:
Barnett - FR

Lefty, is Jones actually signed? Did they take care of that in the early signing period? I can’t remember exactly when he was ruled ineligible and how it coincided with the early period.

[QUOTE=NinerLoudNProud;217573]Lefty, is Jones actually signed? Did they take care of that in the early signing period? I can’t remember exactly when he was ruled ineligible and how it coincided with the early period.[/QUOTE]

I’m not sure either. He may not even need to sign again since he didn’t change schools.