Lamont “Mo Mo” Jones Oak Hill PG - 2009

He is a Point guard who can shoot it. I didn't see drifting other than one shot where he was going to his left. He has an excellent jumper and looks like a legit bigtime PG based on the Rivals video clip. Very impressive.

Would be an outstanding class of 2009: Sherrill, Braswell, Jones. :49ers:

Ht: 5-foot-11
Wt: 170 lbs
Shooting: Good
Handle: Outstanding
Passing: Outstanding
Strength: Developing
Class: 2009 (High School

For example, the pullup with a player in his face, watch his legs. His lower body appears to shift when he shoots most of his jump shots.

But again, I’m looking at the equivalent of a YouTube video.

He would have a year to learn and grow into the role, which would be great.

looks solid. from reading his blog, sounds like he has a good head on his shoulders.

looks solid. from reading his blog, sounds like he has a good head on his shoulders.

I thought the same thing. For those that havent yet, read his journal entries. Its one of the two oak hill links that Lefty posted. Seems like a good kid.

I just want a kid named Mo Mo… That is Niner HoF name material-and we have some classics.

the crossover/tweenlegs pullup 3 in the video was soooooo d.brown.

the crossover/tweenlegs pullup 3 in the video was soooooo d.brown.
agree.

I have to say, the kid’s shooting form is beautiful.

You primose me another Demon I sign up right now…

I’ve still not given up on the never ending search for Sean Colson part II

You primose me another Demon I sign up right now.....
Hell yeah, demon was the man. A little wild off the court sometimes, but a hell of a competitor every night buzzer to final buzzer.
[I]I've still not given up on the never ending search for Sean Colson part II[/I]

There will NEVER be another Sean Colson. He was afreakinmazing.

[QUOTE=Chisox17;350425]Hell yeah, demon was the man. A little wild off the court sometimes, but a hell of a competitor every night buzzer to final buzzer.

There will NEVER be another Sean Colson. He was afreakinmazing.[/QUOTE]

Don’t give up… Give it 10 years and we could be recruiting Sean Colson Jr.

So…I’m confused. Did we have to give Gerrity the scholarship for the fall semester? It seems like when his story first came out there was talk of him staying through the fall semester. And did we try to find somebody last minute for this season? Or could we not do that because Gerrity was using the scholarship through the fall? I know it was late in the game for recruiting, but I thought at worse case we could find somebody to start the season in January like Gerrity did last year.

I expect the walk on competition to be/ or was very competitive this season. We might have 3 walk on PGs.

[QUOTE=Ninerballin;350181]Yes, Jimmy posted it after attending one of the alumni events in which he talked to [B]someone in the know[/B].[/QUOTE]
That is hilarious. How did I miss this earlier? I most definitely would say that “someone” is in the “know.” :lol:

[QUOTE=Normmm;350497]I know it was late in the game for recruiting, but I thought at worse case we could find somebody to start the season in January like Gerrity did last year.[/QUOTE]
Just a lost scholarship for the year, a transferring player must sit out 2 consecutive semesters before becoming eligible. If they were not already attending classes at Charlotte since last January, they would not be eligible to play this January.

Just a lost scholarship for the year, a transferring player must sit out 2 consecutive semesters before becoming eligible. If they were not already attending classes at Charlotte since last January, they would not be eligible to play this January.

Damn. That seems unfair. I assume we could have picked up a senior, but that selection of players was slim to none. Gerrity’s got to do what is best for him, but he screwed us more than I originally recognized.

Not 100% true, the AD won’t be paying for that scholarship next semester, it’s just unused.

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;350381]He is a Point guard who can shoot it. I didn’t see drifting other than one shot where he was going to his left. He has an excellent jumper and looks like a legit bigtime PG based on the Rivals video clip. Very impressive.

Would be an outstanding class of 2009: Sherrill, Braswell, Jones. :49ers:

Ht: 5-foot-11
Wt: 170 lbs
Shooting: Good
Handle: Outstanding
Passing: Outstanding
Strength: Developing
Class: 2009 (High School[/QUOTE]

You would say that about anyone, I don’t think you’ve ever said a bad thing about anyone we’ve recruited.

[QUOTE=Chisox17;350364]This kid can play. Video: [URL]http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/video.asp?section=bbrecruit&pkey=57355&vidtype=prospect&vidid=115821[/URL]

From the clip, his game reminds me a lot of Demon Brown.[/QUOTE]

:jawdropped:

That kid is awesome! Hope he can translate into D1 College Hoops well. If so… Wow. He likes that corner shot. And is handling skills are absolutely amazing.

[QUOTE=Ninerballin;350681]You would say that about anyone, I don’t think you’ve ever said a bad thing about anyone we’ve recruited.[/QUOTE]

You’re right, we really should insult our recruits more often.

Charlotte, Cinci and VT.

Charlotte, Cinci and VT.

I feel like VT is becoming the new Clemson when it comes to recruiting.

what is your source?

i read syracuse is the school to beat and that at one time(not sure if he still is) committed to louisville.