LARRY BROWN TO THE BOBCATS!!!

[URL]http://www.charlotte.com/209/story/601288.html[/URL]

:biggrin: :thumbsup: :clap: :headbang: :toast: :bball: :popcorn: :santa: :dribble:

Well anything is better than what we had, just hope we get Detroit Larry and not New York Larry.

Well anything is better than what we had, just hope we get Detroit Larry and not New York Larry.

The debacle in NY was not Brown’s fault. He is a great coach (just look at how many teams he has taken from bad/mediocre to successful), but in NY he had a bunch of selfish players who were only out there to get their stats, they didnt care about winning.

Guys like Wallace, Richardson, Okafor, Felton, Dudley, Carrol, etc are unselfish, listen to the coach, play their tails off, and HATE to lose. I think the group of players we have now is a perfect group for Brown to work with and take to the playoffs.

I said it last night when I read the news…

A.I. is an unrestricted FA. They (Brown and Iverson) love each other…Someone make it happen!

I said it last night when I read the news....

A.I. is an unrestricted FA. They (Brown and Iverson) love each other…Someone make it happen!

I wouldn’t mind bringing in Iverson at all. People love to hate on him for his thug image, and the famous “practice!?” rant, but the fact is, the guy is a phenomenal talent, and a hell of a competitor.

I wouldn't mind bringing in Iverson at all. People love to hate on him for his thug image, and the famous "practice!?" rant, but the fact is, the guy is a phenomenal talent, and a hell of a competitor.

And he can score. Finished top 5 in the league this year in scoring, first time in a while he didn’t win the scoring title.

Also, plays a bunch of minutes, leads the league in that category as well.

I just hope that Naz Muhammed deal doesn’t put the cats over the cap and make it impossible to bring him here.

If the Bobcats are going to prove themselves to me and make a fan out of me, this is the season to do it…

Didn’t AI say he wanted nothing to do with the Bobcats a couple years back before he went to Denver

Didn't AI say he wanted nothing to do with the Bobcats a couple years back before he went to Denver

He wants a championship, thats the only major award that has illuded him over his career. If he’s smart he comes back east to try, cause LA make denver look silly in rd1.

Really not sure what to make of Iverson.

[QUOTE=Chisox17;316869] People love to hate on him for his thug image, and the famous “practice!?” rant, [/QUOTE]

I really, really want to hate on Iverson because of his image…

but

[QUOTE=Chisox17;316869]but the fact is, the guy is a phenomenal talent, and a hell of a competitor.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree that he is talented on the court.

Kinda like Pete Rose. Outstanding on the field, but a brainless twit off the field.

He wants a championship, thats the only major award that has illuded him over his career. If he's smart he comes back east to try, cause LA make denver look silly in rd1.

That’s why he bolted Philly…
Of the few games I’ve watched, (as a “Sixers Fan”) Iverson is a beast especially for a little guy.

But come on Iverson to Charlotte…that just doesn’t sound right guys.

MJ, Brown, Ford, May, Felton, Buzz…

nauseating

next, they’ll have King Rice throwing frisbees to dogs at halftime

Didn't AI say he wanted nothing to do with the Bobcats a couple years back before he went to Denver

This was also before Jordan came on to take a more “hands on” role. (I put this in quotes because I’m not sure how much he actually does? haha and if he has the ability to court FAs to charlotte).

I raise this question to you all…BOth A.I. and ‘Agent 0’ are both unrescricted FAs. Play along with my sick little game, who would you rather see in the bobcat uni?

Despite his age, I’m going with A.I.

Here is what I like though… We are in the middle of the NBA playoffs and the big sports shows are talking about the bobcats!

Why would the Bobheels need AI when they have Felton?

Uhhhhh…

Well, anyways, this is going to be a pretty good year for Free Agents, I hope the Bobcats are able to get somebody good this offseason. The list includes:
Allen Iverson
Baron Davis
Jermaine O’neal
Gilbert Arenas
Antawn Jamison
Shawn Marion

The most intriguing guys would have to be AI, who could reunite with his former coach, Baron Davis who started his career here and would reunite with his former teammate JRich, and Antawn Jamison who is from the area. Personally, I think if we somehow managed to get any of these guys, it would be a big move in the right direction.

Iverson doesn’t need to run the point to be effective. He can play the 2, at least he did it this year in Denver, splitting point duties with Anthony Carter and Atkins.

Felton is an avg. PG. He avg 7.2 apg which is decent for the type of team that took to the floor. Iverson is 10xs a better scorer. Something the bobcats desperately need!

Uhhhhh.......

Well, anyways, this is going to be a pretty good year for Free Agents, I hope the Bobcats are able to get somebody good this offseason. The list includes:
Allen Iverson
Baron Davis
Jermaine O’neal
Gilbert Arenas
Antawn Jamison
Shawn Marion

The most intriguing guys would have to be AI, who could reunite with his former coach, Baron Davis who started his career here and would reunite with his former teammate JRich, and Antawn Jamison who is from the area. Personally, I think if we somehow managed to get any of these guys, it would be a big move in the right direction.

If we sign Jamison I will never go to a bobcats again. Not just because hes from North Carolina, but the dude had a typical ‘contract year’ season. I don’t see him being any better than Emeka? All-Star or not the guy never avg. double-digit rebounds before this season and saw increased scoring #'s due to the absence of Arenas.

GS isnt stupid enough to let Davis go.

O’neal has the knees of an 80yr old man. Noway the guy can return to form, the cats have a hard enough time as it is keeping everyone healthy.

Marion is a legit scorer, but will require just as big of a contract as Arenas and A.I. I’d rather have the latter.

From past experience I would go with Jamison, but we could use a guy like O’neal, is he any good anymore?

but we could use a guy like O'neal, is he any good anymore?
No.

Felton is not the answer at PG, I was watching the end of a Bobcats game a few weeks ago and with around 3 mintes left, Felton had 2 turnovers and got burned by his man. He’s overrated.