Larry Ogunjobi

Larry is what Bear Bryant would call a stud

All of you should be if you watched how well Larry and Alex played together. I believe these next 2 seasons will really feature their talents.

Larry was a huge disruptive force last year. He did not have the sack numbers to reflect it, but he was an absolute wrecking ball. Larry is capable of getting himself 5 to 8 sacks next year.

The only thing that seems to keep sacks away from Alex is TJ beating him to the QB. They are dominating together. If their offense improves, their defense will be better.

Show me where we have seen a Niner ball out on a pro level like they have. Now consider how fortunate we are to see 2 Niners dominate on the same NFL defense. I could see both making the pro bowl in one of the next 2 seasons

1 Like
3 Likes

Good for Larry. Glad he gets to spend three more years with a quality organization

1 Like

Old video, but it’s crazy that the two biggest Steelers priorities this offseason were to sign two Niners! One signed and I expect Alex will sign a mega deal very soon, like before the draft soon. Those guys could combine for $26 million to almost $30 million in one season! The Steelers might front load Alex’s contract with a big phattie Bonus. Happy for these great dudes. True role models for our current team

1 Like

Larry was guaranteed $26.5 million by the Bears before he was dumped by those idiots. I expect Larry will make $22 million the next two seasons and I think he got $8 million last season. For you liberal arts guys, that is $30 million for Larry with the Steelers vs $26.5 million to play for the crappy bears in the murder capital. By my estimates, God is taking care of Larry.

1 Like

Quit watching the NFL years ago. Don’t really care about it these days but glad Niners are getting paid!

Welp, Larry’s contract isn’t as ironclad with guaranteed $$ as originally reported. Still happy for him. Looks like $12 million guaranteed in year 1. Potential for about $10 million year 2. Potential for about $7 million Year 3.

“OTC has reported the salary breakdown for Larry Ogunjobi. Originally reported to have $21.75 million in guaranteed money, this appears to not be the case. The only fully guaranteed money Ogunjobi will receive is his $1.4 million base salary for 2023 and his $10.6 million signing bonus. In 2024, Ogunjobi is due to receive a $5 million base salary and a $4.75 million roster bonus just after the start of the league year. In 2025, Ogunjobi is scheduled to have a $4 million base salary with a $3 million roster bonus due just after the start of the league year.

By splitting up Ogunjobi‘s $10.6 million signing bonus over the three years of the contract, he has a $3,533,333 prorated bonus each year. This puts Ogunjobi’s salary cap number for 2023 at $4,933,333 according to OTC which is even lower than I expected. Ogunjobi’s future salary cap hits are set to be $13,283,333 for 2024 and $10,533,334 million for 2025.”

I could live off of that!

3 Likes

I am predicting at least two Niners in the Pro Bowl this year, and maybe a third gets in on the offensive side of the ball…

Larry wrecked havoc last year. This year, I expect that havoc wrecking to amount to more sacks and more tackles behind the line of scrimmage. If the Steelers remain healthy enough, they have the potential to go deep into the playoffs, and even to win it all…Both sides of the ball are stacked in the trenches, and right now, they are getting each other very ready for the season.

Can you imagine trying to block Larry Ogunjobi one on one? There is no way to do it.

1 Like

Actually, I have heard tell of one of the Steelers guards having a good day against Larry yesterday, but he is one of the best and it is only practice. Even with that, Larry is getting rave reviews from media watching Steelers camp. They absolutely love him, which is no surprise.

1 Like

This is a good article. I didn’t notice Larry having obvious foot issues last year. They did hold him back in practices, but he performed well in games. It’s not going to be easy to get a lot of sacks when you have to beat Highsmith, Watt and Hayward to the QB, but I could see Larry getting 4 to 8 sacks this year. Hell, he is capable of more. He certainly was disruptive and that helped to create stats for others. Linemen in a 3-4 defense are usually expected to have big sack stats

1 Like

Hopefully this is a new minor football thing, but it is definitely concerning that Larry was spotted in a walking boot on the same foot. Could just be the more typical ankle sprain all lineman deal with. Wishing the best to the best dude to ever play football for the Charlotte 49ers.