Lawmakers seek to allow alcohol sales

I don’t think anyone thinks it’s a deal - just that it’s inline with with typical game prices in the area. My wife paid 7.50 For a small cup of wine at Knights game.

We finally have legalized alcohol sales across multiple events and now people are complaining about prices which are very much in line with the market average or even cheaper than most events. That’s the Niner way for sure…

1 Like

You would think the boys in Boone would be predisposed to love their Appy labeled brew. You would be wrong.

It broke my heart when I tasted Yosef’s Golden Ale and it was swill to me personally. I haven’'t eaten a foot, but it tasted like feet to me.

Imho… nasty

The can is AWESOME. The beer - disappointing to me.

Way to meet expectations Appy!

1 Like

Whatever folks will pay is what will be charged. Anyone who says otherwise is a Commie. :grinning:

clt asks how you can know the taste of a foot, while claiming never to have put a foot in your mouth

I have no problem paying $7/8 a beer for the first time in the stands to watch a Niner event and drink a brew (legally) at any sporting event. I am thankful for this pilot, will make events more enjoyable. I’d like to see the domestic options 2 or 3 dollars less than whatever they decide to charge for craft though. ***Mike Hill - Since this is a Thursday night game and yall are pushing hard for the sell-out, let’s make it a Thirsty Thursday concept and offer discounted beer and food at this night game (similar to Knights). It’s our only Thursday game, I think it’s doable.

A craft pint at Panthers for $11 is absurd. They can and people pay it… doesn’t make it not stupid.

Mike Hill, be better than what people consider “market average” beer price. Let everyone win with a price of 3x beer cost.

If craft beer is what’s on the menu, then that’s right in line with most breweries. And if Cabarrus is main option, most of their 12oz pours in house are at least $5-6 minimum

Most breweries I go to are draft pints for $6 I believe. Are there draft 12oz options? I know at Yancey you can request various sizes.

I guess it’s just nitpicking, but most breweries/bars in America use pint glasses that are exactly 16 oz. So, if you get a proper pour with head on the beer you’re not getting a full pint. One exception I know of is Wooden Robot which actually has glasses with a 50 cl mark on it so you know exactly what you’re getting.

Reminds me of a bar years ago that would serve beer in steins that were 1 oz shy of the legal definition of a “pitcher.” Serving a pitcher of beer to one person was illegal.

Cabarrus has Reed’s Gold Ale. They don’t have it in cans but I have gotten growlers of it for 49er tailgates in the past. A 49er themed beer would be nice.

1 Like

The miner on the glass should be our new Norm

I’ve noticed many breweries now going to 7+. Wooden robot is pretty much all 7 and up. Birdsong still does a lot of $4 pints though.

Looks like a Wall Street banker with a fake beard and hat.

Yeah doesn’t look much like a real miner

Looks like The Most Interesting Miner in the World

clt says we need to sell trulys