Lebrongate continues

Does anybody understand Lebron’s recent comments? He feels the feedback he’s received from his signing with the Miami Heat is racist.

What he gets for having high school friends as his manager/management team.

Pretty sure plenty of african americans in Cleveland don’t give 2 sh*ts about him anymore.

Lebron: EAD. You can choose the race.

[size=3][font=calibri]Last I checked, being a narcissistic asshole had zero to do with the color of your skin. [/font][/size]

Yep. Dude needs to seriously hire a legit PR team and ditch his high school boys.

Normally this type of fall from grace is reserved for rapists, murders, and dog killers. Its rare that such a beloved athlete falls this hard on his face with no scandal at all.

Ha! Yes. And I believe Magic Johnson, Reggie Miller and Charles Barkley also criticized him for leaving too.

I did hear Micheal Wilbon say that there is a general split among races about how it was perceived. Similar to the OJ Simpson verdict. The black community, in general, had less of a problem with how it was handled. I do find that interesting. He explained that they saw it more as the player controlling his destiny (sticking it to the man), rather than an owner randomly moving a player around as he pleases.

That’s how I saw it. Hell, he’s cemented himself as my favorite NBA player of all time.

I don’t think most people (outside of the state of Ohio anyway) had any problem with him controlling his own “destiny”. Free agency happens every year with players leaving their current team and moving to another one. No one says 2 things about that. Superstar athletes always control their own destiny.

The obvious problem was the way it was handled. Had Lebron just come out in a presser and stated that he was going to Miami then the backlash would have been cut in half.

He donated 3 million dollars to charity that was raised by that hour long special.

I don’t care either way. I thought it was awesome.

There are so many white guys that are hated due to contract issues or switching teams, the list is too long for internet bandwidth to handle.

Clemmens is numero uno.
Tom Glavine
Curt Schilling
Kurt Warner
Farve

I heard his race comments were geared toward the fact that most NBA players are black, however, most front office employees are white or something to that effect. Someone replied by saying this makes black players feel like pawns or tools for the white man to get rich.

I think the race card is abused, and this is a blaring example because obviously NBA players make millions of dollars. If you are good, you will get market value for your skills! Sheesh.

Also, the obvious response is that entirely too much crap is labeled as racism, especially by those who have a hightened opportunity to make use of such a claim.

[quote=“Universal Niner, post:13, topic:23998”]I heard his race comments were geared toward the fact that most NBA players are black, however, most front office employees are white or something to that effect. Someone replied by saying this makes black players feel like pawns or tools for the white man to get rich.

I think the race card is abused, and this is a blaring example because obviously NBA players make millions of dollars. If you are good, you will get market value for your skills! Sheesh.[/quote]

Ironically, the lone black owner billionaire paid way LESS than most white owners in the NBA

I can see it being about race, just because non-Clevelanders are complaining. Why would a non-Clevelander give a sh*t? You don’t live in that hell hole. Who wouldn’t choose Miami over Cleveland?

Haha, yeah, I don’t know why people give a shit. I wouldn’t stay in Cleveland over Miami either.

Haha, yeah, I don’t know why people give a s***.[/quote]
Because he did a 1 hour special about it on ESPN.

Haha, yeah, I don’t know why people give a s***.[/quote]
Because he did a 1 hour special on it on ESPN.[/quote]

So?

It was a douchebag move. People get tired of douchebags. Thats pretty much the long and short of it.