Lebrongate continues

Haha, yeah, I don’t know why people give a s***.[/quote]
Because he did a 1 hour special about it on ESPN.[/quote]

So?[/quote]
Well there ya go. Not sure I can make that one anymore clear, but I guess this explains why you’re on the side you’re on.

It was a douchebag move. People get tired of douchebags. Thats pretty much the long and short of it.[/quote]

Yeah, see, I just thought it was funny. I don’t know how it was a douchebag move. I didn’t watch it. It didn’t affect me in anyway. But I do know he is a showman, and always has been. He makes basketball games an event, I think it’s pretty awesome. That’s not to say I don’t appreciate people like Durant also, but LeBron’s biggest crime is having fun.

It was douchebag move. However, donating $3 million to kids charities was not. At least Lebron raped or murdered anyone here folks. He made a career move for him. Miami > Cleveland, even when it’s getting hit by a hurricane.

See, I think running up millions of dollars in gambling debts and not paying is a douchebag move. I think raping a chick is a douchebag move. I think LeBron is the basketball equivalent of Chad OchoCinco. He’s just out there having fun, but people wanna piss on his parade. And, I think shitting on cleveland after the way the owner treated him, and his teammates, is totally justified.

Yea. I feel this is unrelated to “Lebrongate,” but I think all that kind of stuff (about being a showman) is lame. Just get out there and do work, son. Like I’ve always thought the dust throwing thing is horribly lame. If you want to show how good you are or w/e, do it on the court.

Yea. I feel this is unrelated to “Lebrongate,” but I think all that kind of stuff (about being a showman) is lame. Just get out there and do work, son. Like I’ve always thought the dust throwing thing is horribly lame. If you want to show how good you are or w/e, do it on the court.[/quote]

Well, he certainly does that too. He’s the best basketball player of all time.

See, I think running up millions of dollars in gambling debts and not paying is a douchebag move. I think raping a chick is a douchebag move. I think LeBron is the basketball equivalent of Chad OchoCinco. He’s just out there having fun, but people wanna piss on his parade. And, I think shitting on cleveland after the way the owner treated him, and his teammates, is totally justified.[/quote]
You brought up OchoCinco after I made my post. I think OchoCinco is great lol. I guess I see Lebron’s stuff as not having fun and more so about stroking his ego.

The t.v. special was a dumb PR move, but fans getting all worked up because they were somehow jilted by it is equally stupid. Race is pretty clearly not the issue, rather it’s fans having unfair expectations of player loyalty to their team and how they should behave when they leave. Obviously none of those fans cared when the team waived Darnell Jackson last year because he wasn’t a star player, so issues of loyalty go out the window all of a sudden. The furor over it is hypocritical and blown way out of proportion (as is most of the ginned up drama in sports).

You brought up OchoCinco after I made my post. I think OchoCinco is great lol. I guess I see Lebron’s stuff as not having fun and more so about stroking his ego.

Chad OchoCinco had his own news network. He wore a hall of fame jacket on the sidelines. If anything, his stuff draws a lot more attention to himself. But, it is all in good fun, just like LeBron’s stuff is. The team he is on is almost always smiling and they do stuff together. Their pregame stuff was golden.

Yes, he bitched out in the playoffs last year (while still posting almost a triple double average), but he had just found out one of his boys was fucking his mother. And that other people on the team knew and that possibly more than one of them was doing it. I can imagine that he was just a little pissed off.

Oh, I agree with all of that.

I had no problem with Lebron up to this summer. Honestly, I don’t really give a shit now either. I’m not losing any sleep over it. I like to watch him play basketball but I hate the Cavs and like 99% of America, have no feelings at all about the Heat. No one (except for pathetic Cavs fans) cares who he plays basketball for.

His entire free agency debacle turned me off mainly because it was all contrived and shoved down our throat at every turn. I know he gave some money to charity. I’m glad about that. It doesnt change the fact that it was annoying and people don’t like annoying.

Lebron is caught between two identities. He wants to be the fun loving global megastar and also the best basketball player of all time. In his quest to get there, he ruined both identities over the course of 1 summer.

I had no problem with Lebron up to this summer. Honestly, I don’t really give a s*** now either. I’m not losing any sleep over it. I like to watch him play basketball but I hate the Cavs and like 99% of America, have no feelings at all about the Heat. No one (except for pathetic Cavs fans) cares who he plays basketball for.

His entire free agency debacle turned me off mainly because it was all contrived and shoved down our throat at every turn. I know he gave some money to charity. I’m glad about that. It doesnt change the fact that it was annoying and people don’t like annoying.

Lebron is caught between two identities. He wants to be the fun loving global megastar and also the best basketball player of all time. In his quest to get there, he ruined both identities over the course of 1 summer.[/quote]

Yeah, now he’s Ty Cobb. I don’t have a problem with that identity either. Although the racial aspect of both scenarios is sad.

See, I think running up millions of dollars in gambling debts and not paying is a douchebag move. I think raping a chick is a douchebag move. I think LeBron is the basketball equivalent of Chad OchoCinco. He’s just out there having fun, but people wanna piss on his parade. And, I think shitting on cleveland after the way the owner treated him, and his teammates, is totally justified.[/quote]

I agree with what you said about Lebron personally, I don’t think he’s a douchebag, but I think he has poor PR skills and is over hyped. That in itself is annoying. Donating $3 million to kids charities is great, and there is nothing wrong with making a good career move; but I found the hour long special more than unneccissary, the constant 24/7 talk on all shows sports related about Lebron Decision 2010 was annoying, and the fact that TNT/ESPN always promotes a Lebron Kobe final when it never happens also annoys me. He’s a great basketball player, but he’s not the second coming of Jordan. For me, he’s missing that clutch abillity. I would rather have Dwayne Wade take the final shot than Lebron.

LeBron James is a lot better basketball player than Wade and is better than Jordan also. He is now playing with another superstar and has a star at C/PF.

I think the hype around him is ridiculous, but ESPN does that. They are awful.

[quote=“Powerbait, post:34, topic:23998”]LeBron James is a lot better basketball player than Wade and is better than Jordan also. He is now playing with another superstar and has a star at C/PF.

I think the hype around him is ridiculous, but ESPN does that. They are awful.[/quote]

wow, dumbest thing I’ve read on here in a long time.

He might have more talent than Jordan - I think there have been a few players we had more talent that Jordan. I don’t think he has thus far shown he has the desire and drive that Jordan did. I don’t want to open that discussion back up… but I guess I did.

As for Lebron - he has awful handlers and does not understand the power of public perception.

He might have more talent than Jordan - I think there have been a few players we had more talent that Jordan. I don’t think he has thus far shown he has the desire and drive that Jordan did. I don’t want to open that discussion back up… but I guess I did.

As for Lebron - he has awful handlers and does not understand the power of public perception.[/quote]

I don’t see how you can say that. He’s taken a team of role players to the top of the NBA. The only time he had someone close to star level on his team he made an NBA final. Jordan played with one of the greatest basketball players of all time on his roster. If LeBron could have gotten ANYONE close to that caliber to stay in Cleveland, he’d have a few rings already.

Kobe is playing with one of the greatest frontlines in NBA history. He gets a lot of credit, but no one has 2 players on the level of LA’s frontcourt let alone 3.

When LeBron wins 8 championships with D-Wade, people are going to talk about how he couldn’t do it on his own. It’s such bullshit. The guy lives up to the hype and he gets shit from basketball fans because he can’t win a title by himself.

As for Lebron - he has awful handlers and does not understand the power of public perception.[/quote]

I don’t see how you can say that. He’s taken a team of role players to the top of the NBA. The only time he had someone close to star level on his team he made an NBA final. Jordan played with one of the greatest basketball players of all time on his roster. If LeBron could have gotten ANYONE close to that caliber to stay in Cleveland, he’d have a few rings already.

Kobe is playing with one of the greatest frontlines in NBA history. He gets a lot of credit, but no one has 2 players on the level of LA’s frontcourt let alone 3.

When LeBron wins 8 championships with D-Wade, people are going to talk about how he couldn’t do it on his own. It’s such bullshit. The guy lives up to the hype and he gets s*** from basketball fans because he can’t win a title by himself.[/quote]

I’d say the overall talent pool of the NBA is diluted in comparison to past generations due to expansion/international/etc.

Could James be better then Jordan? Sure. At this moment, I don’t think he is, and a bunch of that has to do with his lack of drive (in comparison with Jordan). Also, they’re 2 different players (position, size, skill set).

The race card was a b**** move, plain and simple.

It is totally hypothetical. Jordan is the ESPN poster child, so he is always gonna get the GOAT treatment from them.

I just know I watched both of them in their prime and Jordan would not have dropped 60 on LeBron. He’s the best basketball player I have ever seen, hands down, bar none.

[quote=“Powerbait, post:39, topic:23998”]It is totally hypothetical. Jordan is the ESPN poster child, so he is always gonna get the GOAT treatment from them.

I just know I watched both of them in their prime and Jordan would not have dropped 60 on LeBron. He’s the best basketball player I have ever seen, hands down, bar none.[/quote]

???

Lebron is an average defender at best… don’t let those run down from behind blocks fool you.