Lebrongate continues

[quote=“CharSFNiners, post:40, topic:23998”][quote=“Powerbait, post:39, topic:23998”]It is totally hypothetical. Jordan is the ESPN poster child, so he is always gonna get the GOAT treatment from them.

I just know I watched both of them in their prime and Jordan would not have dropped 60 on LeBron. He’s the best basketball player I have ever seen, hands down, bar none.[/quote]

???

Lebron is an average defender at best… don’t let those run down from behind blocks fool you.[/quote]

They don’t.

What it comes down to is why was the question even asked in the first place? To start controversy of course, the only thing the media is good at nowadays.

Race plays more of a factor to a minority than a non-minority. Many of us don’t realize it, because we are white males.

Wow, what has Powerbait been smoking?

I can’t wait to see Lebron at 32 like Kobe. His athleticism will have diminished and he’ll be nothing.

[quote=“Powerbait, post:39, topic:23998”]It is totally hypothetical. Jordan is the ESPN poster child, so he is always gonna get the GOAT treatment from them.

I just know I watched both of them in their prime and Jordan would not have dropped 60 on LeBron. He’s the best basketball player I have ever seen, hands down, bar none.[/quote]
thanks Jerry West

While LeBron did donate money to charity, its completely transparent that he did it to feel less guilty for shaming an entire state on national television, not out of the kindness of his heart. If he wasn’t a complete doucher, he would have donated money to charity regardless and issued a press release.

It’s not like the 60-minute special that ran 74 minutes had a surprise ending, “Hey Cleveland, I’m ditching you for Miami.” It was reported the day BEFORE where he was going, so if you don’t like it, don’t watch.

Durant nailed it. Sign your deal, send a Tweet. Move on

For someone constantly making threads about things he could ignore, your post here is funny.

That’s how I saw it. Hell, he’s cemented himself as my favorite NBA player of all time.[/quote]

I can see that logic by the community. But isn’t that just as racist?

[quote=“CharSFNiners, post:38, topic:23998”]I’d say the overall talent pool of the NBA is diluted in comparison to past generations due to expansion/international/etc.

Could James be better then Jordan? Sure. At this moment, I don’t think he is, and a bunch of that has to do with his lack of drive (in comparison with Jordan). Also, they’re 2 different players (position, size, skill set).

The race card was a b**** move, plain and simple.[/quote]

This. Lebron is still a work in progress. Karl Malone made the NBA finals on a mediocre team. Charles Barkley, Patrick Ewing, Reggie Miller, Jason Kidd, Allen Iverson.

[quote=“Normmm, post:50, topic:23998”][quote=“CharSFNiners, post:38, topic:23998”]I’d say the overall talent pool of the NBA is diluted in comparison to past generations due to expansion/international/etc.

Could James be better then Jordan? Sure. At this moment, I don’t think he is, and a bunch of that has to do with his lack of drive (in comparison with Jordan). Also, they’re 2 different players (position, size, skill set).

This. Lebron is still a work in progress. Karl Malone made the NBA finals on a mediocre team. Charles Barkley, Patrick Ewing, Reggie Miller, Jason Kidd, Allen Iverson.[/quote]

Kidd and Iverson made the finals on mediocre teams, which was a period of low talent. That can’t be said for the rest. I mean I wouldn’t call a team that won 50-60 games every year and had 2 of the top 50 NBA players of all-time as mediocre.

As for the NBA now, I think the talent level is comparable to the mid to late 80s, it is up to these highly talented guys to continue their high level of play over the next 5 - 10 years like the Barkleys, Drexlers, Malones, etc. did.

[quote=“Charlotte2002, post:51, topic:23998”][quote=“Normmm, post:50, topic:23998”][quote=“CharSFNiners, post:38, topic:23998”]I’d say the overall talent pool of the NBA is diluted in comparison to past generations due to expansion/international/etc.

This. Lebron is still a work in progress. Karl Malone made the NBA finals on a mediocre team. Charles Barkley, Patrick Ewing, Reggie Miller, Jason Kidd, Allen Iverson.[/quote]

Kidd and Iverson made the finals on mediocre teams, which was a period of low talent. That can’t be said for the rest. I mean I wouldn’t call a team that won 50-60 games every year and had 2 of the top 50 NBA players of all-time as mediocre.

As for the NBA now, I think the talent level is comparable to the mid to late 80s, it is up to these highly talented guys to continue their high level of play over the next 5 - 10 years like the Barkleys, Drexlers, Malones, etc. did.[/quote]

Cleveland’s averaged 50-60 wins and had the most wins in the league last season. I only used mediocre to decribe the other teams since it was used to describe Cleveland. I don’t think Cleveland was mediocre. I believe they had 5 all stars on their roster.

No way is Lebron better than Kobe and Durant both. I’m inclined to put him at 3rd in that group.

Can Durant win a playoff series before we anoint him?

Thanks.

Thanks.[/quote]

Won a gold medal on his own. That’s more than Lebron. Durant also lost to the eventual champs. Wow, Lebron can do that too. Whoopydo!

Lebron does have Durant beat in the teammates running train on mom department. I will concede that.

Thanks.[/quote]

Won a gold medal on his own. That’s more than Lebron. Durant also lost to the eventual champs. Wow, Lebron can do that too. Whoopydo![/quote]

You’re bred to hate anything Ohio, I get it. LeBron > Durant and Bryant.

Durant will be nasty but first I want to see how people defend him this year after Artest put him to work last year. They will be more physical with him.

I highly doubt anyone is going to win being a lone star on their team, I can’t recall any team EVER doing that off the top of my head. I’ve never expected him to win a championship by his lonesome, but I also never expected him to start his own “Super Friends” to do it. My biggest gripe with what he did is that it will start creating teams like this in other cities and dilute the overall product of the NBA by separating the have and have nots, just when I felt the compeition was starting to find some balance between the East and West.

Let’s not like his feat of getting to the championship was anything spectacular. The East was horribly bad that year (beat a degrading Detroit to reach the finals), and the Cavs were absolutely ass raped by the Spurs.

[quote=“CharSFNiners, post:57, topic:23998”]Durant will be nasty but first I want to see how people defend him this year after Artest put him to work last year. They will be more physical with him.

I highly doubt anyone is going to win being a lone star on their team, I can’t recall any team EVER doing that off the top of my head. I’ve never expected him to win a championship by his lonesome, but I also never expected him to start his own “Super Friends” to do it. My biggest gripe with what he did is that it will start creating teams like this in other cities and dilute the overall product of the NBA by separating the have and have nots, just when I felt the compeition was starting to find some balance between the East and West.

Let’s not like his feat of getting to the championship was anything spectacular. The East was horribly bad that year (beat a degrading Detroit to reach the finals), and the Cavs were absolutely ass raped by the Spurs.[/quote]

Oh I agree. But really, the Celtics had a super group for a long time before LeBron did it. KG, Ray Allen and Paul Pierce? Not really that much different from LeBron, DWade and Bosh. Yeah, Wade and LeBron are better than Allen and Pierce, but KG was better then than Bosh is now.

Thanks.[/quote]

Won a gold medal on his own. That’s more than Lebron. Durant also lost to the eventual champs. Wow, Lebron can do that too. Whoopydo![/quote]

You’re bred to hate anything Ohio, I get it. LeBron > Durant and Bryant.[/quote]

Not true. I love Ochocino. He’s funny. The whole Lebron attention-whoring and third person referencing is just lame. If you’re not cltniners and you’re talking third person, you’re a cheap imitation. There can be only one.

They don’t call it Cintucky for nothing.

Ohiohater.