Light Rail

Starts today. Plan to ride it to go see the Bobcats and Celtics game. Also, will ride it for the Wake Forest game next week.

Anybody else riding it today?

http://www.charlotte.com/109/story/375923.html

Damn it to hell!

I am thinking about riding it to get to WWE RAW on Monday night, depends on how late it runs. Sure is easier than finding a place to park uptown.

WWOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
The return of the Nature Boy!!!

is it just the south line that is open?

I can’t believe y’all are using the corporate sell-out machine. Way to work for the man.

Let me see? $10 to park downtown? OR a $1.30 to ride the light rail?

tough choice! Looks like I will be using that extra $8 to buy beer! HOOORAY BEER!

that $8 might even get you TWO beers at the arena. well, maybe a beer and a half.

[QUOTE=A-10 bound;270986]Let me see? $10 to park downtown? OR a $1.30 to ride the light rail?

tough choice! Looks like I will be using that extra $8 to buy beer! HOOORAY BEER![/QUOTE]

That is EXACTLY what I am thinking! I can either fight all the traffic around the arena, find a place to park, pay at least 10 bucks and still walk my ass off getting to the arena. Or I can park my car on South, hop the train for a buck 30 and walk across the street into the arena with a few more duckets in my pockets!

[QUOTE=stonecoldken;270984]I can’t believe y’all are using the corporate sell-out machine. Way to work for the man.[/QUOTE]

Ken, just like the arena - you can disagree with it, but if you refuse to use it and encourage others not to use it, then you are making the problem even worse. The rail line is here to stay and the MORE people ride it the better. That is money coming in that will offset the costs of the system and hopefully minimize the impact to taxpayers.

If people don’t use it, they’ll have to shut it down.

If people don't use it, they'll have to shut it down.

Your logic is funny.

[QUOTE=stonecoldken;270992]If people don’t use it, they’ll have to shut it down.[/QUOTE]

OK so they spent how much money to date? 427 million? And you want them to just shut it down? Talk about throwing money away! After spending that much money they would keep operating it at huge losses hoping that it will catch on before finally shutting it down. That is just crazy… you should be hoping that everyone rides it so that your taxes don’t go up even more to help cover it operating even more in the hole.

It’s too late to support it. I already made up my mind. I’m not a flip-flopper like John Kerry.

Light Rail is a great benefit to Charlotte.

It is great when you travel to cities and are able to leverage the transportation infrastructure that has been built out.

Now… when will it get to and from the airport.

If people don't use it, they'll have to shut it down.
No, they'll just ask for more money, and judging by nov. 6th, they'll probably get it.
Now.. when will it get to and from the airport.

I think that idea got nixed, could be wrong.

[QUOTE=vbniner;270999]Light Rail is a great benefit to Charlotte.

It is great when you travel to cities and are able to leverage the transportation infrastructure that has been built out.

Now… when will it get to and from the airport.[/QUOTE]

Light rail is not even proposed to go to the airport. They have streetcars going that direction. Think modern trollies and that is what it is. My major problem with this plan is it is a hodge podge of stuff. They need one main system and it needs to fan out all the way out into gaston and york and some other areas. They should have gone to each of those counties and ccities and got them to foot part of the bill as well.

http://www.charmeck.org/NR/rdonlyres/e3evk2t5giogrjxuovybhjrrvhydul4hlof5qg4h2hwntlgqh434wbu4rjuskeazfh5o32j6hkppxz7qhyff7owan5b/2030LYNXMap2242X3000.gif

They should have gone to each of those counties and ccities and got them to foot part of the bill as well.

Most other counties and towns around Charlotte have opposed funding the project. I think Huntersville understood the importance the Rail could have on its community, but backward places like Monroe seem perfectly happy with Hwy 74 that is going to only get worse.

Most other counties and towns around Charlotte have opposed funding the project. I think Huntersville understood the importance the Rail could have on its community, but backward places like Monroe seem perfectly happy with Hwy 74 that is going to only get worse.

Watch Huntersville, the new board is anti light rail. ask residents of matthews if they opposed anything. They orignially were going to get a train, now “extended bus service”.

I think Monroe cares a lot more about the 74 bypass, Gaston county is looking at a bypass, and why would york care, SCDOT > NCDOT.

I’ll be using it to go to tonight’s Bobcats/Celtics game, so hopefully we don’t hit like 3 cars on the way there

So sck, you’ll pay $10 to park uptown out of spite instead of $2.60 to drive to a station near you and ride the train for the game Thursday?