LOL cat pregame

You know our program is in bad shape when most of the talk in the Davidson pregame thread is about whether or not we should boo Steph Curry.

It’s not like Steph spurned Charlotte, we didn’t even offer him a chance to wear the green and white!

I will cheer Steph because he is a great player, great role model, and from Charlotte. Also the battle he had with Leemire was fantastic to watch…and he was on the losing end which was nice.

I predict we will get beat, but I will be there in support no matter that.

Your either for the Niners or your the enemy!

Honest to god, it is. Serious business. Our fans cheering for someone wearing Wildkitties IN HALTON? That’s serious stuff. I can’t imagine a bigger embarrassment. Say what you want about how much we suck on the court, but Niner Nation has always had loyalty and pride. Without that, what are we?

I agree. Not sure about the “serious business” stuff, but I will absolutely NOT cheer someone in OUR building who is obviously there to cheer AGAINST our team…I am actually shocked that so many plan to cheer for him. ??? If he was at the Panthers game, it wouldn’t be so bad, but at Halton. NO FREAKIN’ WAY…Not sure some of you guys know how this “rivalry” thing works.

school should have just fought hard to get someone as big or bigger in charlotte than Steph to sit next to him and give this rivalry more of a charlotte special feel.

By that I’m talking Keuchly or Cam.

Yes Steph is there, yes he’s great, yes he’ll be in red and pulling for Davidson, but give them good seats and minimize him, while maximizing what this game should be to Char-Meck

How about if they do announce his presence (I hope they don’t actually—but I bet they will) they immediately then show highlights on the video board of his last game in Halton ;D , specifically the Coley throw-down over him (and maybe even a slow-mo) and also a shot of the final score and series record. :stuck_out_tongue: Now, that I could support.

This thread is emblematic of what this program and fanbase has become. Truly deserving of each other.

I would guess half of our students have no idea. I saw a poster of Steph Curry on our campus in the quad between the Student Union and Halton Arena advertising a student organization on campus. I can’t remember which organization but yes, it was a UNC Charlotte student organization.

That would be in the competitive spirit. We’ve forgotten what that is.

clt says a hornet will be at the game.

We suck. Our team sucks. But this is bigger than this game, this season, even this rivalry. This is about the actual foundational make-up of Niner Nation. Either we are or we are not a fanbase that has enough pride in our school to not cheer someone supporting our rival. That’s more important than anything else to me.

clt says hello to the davidson fans reading this post.

[quote=“919R, post:67, topic:30003”]How about if they do announce his presence (I hope they don’t actually—but I bet they will) they immediately then show highlights on the video board of his last game in Halton ;D , specifically the Coley throw-down over him (and maybe even a slow-mo) and also a shot of the final score and series record. :stuck_out_tongue: Now, that I could support.[/quote]Now that’s a good idea. Then they need to find him in the crowd and show his live reaction to watching himself getting posterized. It would be pretty funny I think, whether he gets pissed off or has fun with it.

First, welcome back. Second, I love the irony of a fan that used to wear a wizard hat in his avatar lecturing on serious business. :))

MKG will be rooting for the Niners:

That lame GIF is a great example of how IMG is just an extension of our horrible AD.

“We would like, at this time, to recognize the following former players, Mitch Baldwin etc[according to what former Niners are in attendance]…along with NBA All Star…Mark Price”.
Also MKG, if he’s there.

First, welcome back. Second, I love the irony of a fan that used to wear a wizard hat in his avatar lecturing on serious business. :))[/quote]

I’m a doctoral candidate now. I don’t have time for silly hats. Only important message board business. :slight_smile:

clt can confirm that malik el tamir is too busy to attend tonight.

Exactly. We “look” like good hosts by mentioning his attendance :stuck_out_tongue: and then show him what’s up…as a reminder in case he forgot. :-*