Look what I found.....(A Football Stadium)

[QUOTE=lake49er;392658]ADS is a firm that builds cookie cutter buildings and half s#it! If they are our archiect then we are f@cked.[/QUOTE]

Weā€™ve awarded the contract, because thatā€™s news to me?

My [COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]main concern with this ā€œrantā€ is that the original estimate given to the board was for a stadium and a large pre-engineered metal building. That is what I remember from the proposal. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]A stadium is mostly an open air facility with plenty of light, ventilation and green space. For those of you that arenā€™t familiar with them, a pre-engineered metal building is typically a large light gauge steel box with a flat leaky roof. Combine these concepts with the fact that we have no money for a stadium. Then consider why our planning department has decided to add a costly luxury program like LEED which will increase the costs and likely up to 10 to 20%. 10% of 50 million is big money.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]What is the goal behind this? Save the planet one football stadium at a time? Ask for an economy car but surprise everyone with a bill for an exotic hybrid? Make the stadium too expensive so that it is decided not to be feasible for the near future? We should start with economy. There are plenty of federal, state and local regulations that are mandated by law and that will provide a well-designed building with minimal relative effect on the environment.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=MeanJoeGreen;392916]My [COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]main concern with this ā€œrantā€ is that the original estimate given to the board was for a stadium and a large pre-engineered metal building. That is what I remember from the proposal. [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]A stadium is mostly an open air facility with plenty of light, ventilation and green space. For those of you that arenā€™t familiar with them, a pre-engineered metal building is typically a large light gauge steel box with a flat leaky roof. Combine these concepts with the fact that we have no money for a stadium. Then consider why our planning department has decided to add a costly luxury program like LEED which will increase the costs and likely up to 10 to 20%. 10% of 50 million is big money.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]What is the goal behind this? Save the planet one football stadium at a time? Ask for an economy car but surprise everyone with a bill for an exotic hybrid? Make the stadium too expensive so that it is decided not to be feasible for the near future? We should start with economy. There are plenty of federal, state and local regulations that are mandated by law and that will provide a well-designed building with minimal relative effect on the environment.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Winner

My [COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]main concern with this "rant" is that the original estimate given to the board was for a stadium and a large pre-engineered metal building. That is what I remember from the proposal. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]What is the goal behind this? Save the planet one football stadium at a time? Ask for an economy car but surprise everyone with a bill for an exotic hybrid? Make the stadium too expensive so that it is decided not to be feasible for the near future? We should start with economy. There are plenty of federal, state and local regulations that are mandated by law and that will provide a well-designed building with minimal relative effect on the environment.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Well done. I mean, weā€™re not even at the point of KNOWING for certain that we can raise the money for even the most basic stadium, why should we be looking for ways to spend more already?