Looking on to Wake Forest

Wake’s our next opponent and wanted to get some discussion going about matchups with Wake. How you feel we will do? How well do we matchup with them? They have a big game at Iowa on Monday in the ACC-Big 10 challenge.

Based on what I have read and her from a friend of mine who is a big wake fan: LD Williams is a very talented forward, one of the more athletic players in the ACC. Freshmen James Johnson has looked good against lesser competition so far. Ish Smith, the Cabarrus county product, is very quick (didn’t we recruit him??). Harvey Hale can shoot the 3. He went off in the ACC tournament against Ga Tech last year from what I recall.

They lost there big men inside in Kyle Visser from last year, didn’t lose much after that.

Leemire really gave them problems two seasons ago when we played them in Winston. I am curious to see how Harris matches up with Ishmael, both have good speed. Leemire and Hale are both great shooters. If we play better then we have, should be an entertaining game.

Wake's our next opponent and wanted to get some discussion going about matchups with [U][I][B]Duke[/B][/I][/U]. How you feel we will do? How well do we matchup with them? They have a big game at Iowa on Monday in the ACC-Big 10 challenge.

Based on what I have read and her from a friend of mine who is a big wake fan: LD Williams is a very talented forward, one of the more athletic players in the ACC. Freshmen James Johnson has looked good against lesser competition so far. Ish Smith, the Cabarrus county product, is very quick (didn’t we recruit him??). Harvey Hale can shoot the 3. He went off in the ACC tournament against Ga Tech last year from what I recall.

They lost there big men inside in Kyle Visser from last year, didn’t lose much after that.

Leemire really gave them problems two seasons ago when we played them in Winston. I am curious to see how Harris matches up with Ishmael, both have good speed. Leemire and Hale are both great shooters. If we play better then we have, should be an entertaining game.

I take it that’s a typo b/c their game is on right now?

[QUOTE=CharSFNiners;270593]I take it that’s a typo b/c their game is on right now?[/QUOTE]

bingo, sorry.

I’m sorry, Wake will put a hurting on us.

[QUOTE=fishniner;270603]I’m sorry, Wake will put a hurting on us.[/QUOTE]

ohh how optimism changes quickly to pessimism around here. I believe we win this game. Bobcats Arena should be stock full of Niner fans and as long as Bobby plays Phil and Dijuan we win. If we play Lee at the point and give Phaler more than 2 minutes in a competitive game then we will most likely lose. GO NINERS!

ohh how optimism changes quickly to pessimism around here. I believe we win this game. Bobcats Arena should be stock full of Niner fans and as long as Bobby plays Phil and Dijuan we win. If we play Lee at the point and give Phaler more than 2 minutes in a competitive game then we will most likely lose. GO NINERS!
You're very optimistic. Wake Forest isn't HPU, ASU, or UIC. They're definitely not Wofford or whoever the hell we lost to (i'm trying to erase it from my memory).

Unless something drastic changes on offense, we have little chance.

[QUOTE=eason49;270612]You’re very optimistic. Wake Forest isn’t HPU, ASU, or UIC. They’re definitely not Wofford or whoever the hell we lost to (i’m trying to erase it from my memory).

Unless something drastic changes on offense, we have little chance.[/QUOTE]

eason, [URL=http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=33161&Sport=2]Al-Farouq Aminu[/URL], [URL=http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=50452&Sport=2]Tony Woods[/URL], and [URL=http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=48958&Sport=2]Ty Walker[/URL] aren’t on campus yet. Choke back your expectations of them, they are vulnerable.

We WILL lose because we can’t hit FTs. Simple. 72-69.

Remember, the acc is not quite the dominant conference it used to be and Wake was down in the bottom the barrel last year with a rpi somewhere around the 100 range. They lost Visser, and that loss probably hurts them more than all of the combined players we lost. They have some talented freshmen, but we have some decent new players too.

I think anything can happen. I won’t be surprised with a Wake win, a Niner win, a close game, or a blowout. (nothing like going out on the limb with a prediction)

One more thing… Bobby has a tendency to get teams ready to play for these types of games.

Wake has struggled more from the FT line, shooting at a 55.2% clip, compare that to our 61.9%. I watched Wake play on Monday night against North Carolina Central. Central had been getting beat by an average of 50 points a game. They out scored Wake in the 2nd half by 6 points. Central played a zone/matchup zone all night long and Wake never got the ball inside, part of that is they have almost NO inside presence. Skeen and Johnson both hang on the perimiter and Weaver along with Mcfarland aren’t back to the basket threats inside. Ish Smith did a good job at getting into the lane, but Wake’s bigs struggled with holding onto the ball all night long.

I think we stand a good chance against Wake. We just cannot get into a running contest with them, they would annhilate us in the open court.

This game could be close, like all of the rest. Harris has to play PG to man up WF’s speed demon, and Phil has to see the floor to put a body on the inside.

We cannot play zone, or their threes will light us up.

This is for all intents and purposes a neutral court game, so I predict we lose by 5 (but anything can happen).

We’ll be down by 6-7 at halftime…and then comback to win by 9 .

Charlotte - 79
Wake - 70

DISCLAIMER: If Charlotte shoots more than 18 3-pointers on the 29th, this prediction is null and void.

i am hoping that a couple of small things click for this team, otherwise it could be yet another L to the ACC.

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;270629]One more thing… Bobby has a tendency to get teams ready to play for these types of games.[/QUOTE]

Since when?

Wake Forest? Oh no you don’t… we’ve still got a good 3 days of bitching about Monmouth before we start talking about Wake Forest.

NA says Harris is faster than Ish Smith, so you should be set.

[QUOTE=Mike_Persinger;270644]NA says Harris is faster than Ish Smith, so you should be set.[/QUOTE]

Easy now, I didnt say that. I said Ish is not faster than Harris.

:tongue:

Is that game televised or do I have to buy a ticket?

It’s on TV, but you don’t have to buy tickets to any of our games do you?

I think we win this game, then lose to Davidson and SIU.