Lost (May Contain Spoilers!!)

Lost is badass. Easily the best show since Seinfeld. Season 2 premier just ended, and i’m already looking forward to next week. I think I now have weekly wednesday@9 plans for a while. :slight_smile:

Not one mention of the “evacuees” from the boat other than Walt’s appearance to Shannon. Suprised by that.

That they waited so long to introduce the guy in the tunnel via flashback, it did dampen the “wow” factor of him being a flash from the past. You kind of knew it would be him.

Of course, I’m sounding negative but I’m not. First TV show I’ve been hooked to in eternity and a day.

It was a great episode tonight.

On the steps in the stadium he said he was training for a trip around the world??

Before he walked off he said see you in another life brother. Interesting.

the guy in the stadium appearing in the hatch… had me. that was pretty cool. wasn’t expecting it.

I did like the fact that they had a fair bit of backstory to flesh out the characters more.

the Walt reappearance was haunting. damn haunting.

Locke is one wierd motha. kate is ok. everythings all right. even when i got some loony bird pointing a gun to my temple?!?! he’s got more “faith” than I. heh.

Never watched it after I saw the previews. Looked like a cross between Gilligan’s Island, Fantasy Island, and Lord of the Flies. As quick as the networks cancel shows these days, I didn’t figure this one would last too long. How many episodes can be created on an island? I guess if you make it funny or unrealistic enough you can make it last from 5-8 seasons.

[i]Originally posted by X-49er[/i]@Sep 22 2005, 07:55 AM [b] Never watched it after I saw the previews. Looked like a cross between Gilligan's Island, Fantasy Island, and Lord of the Flies. As quick as the networks cancel shows these days, I didn't figure this one would last too long. How many episodes can be created on an island? I guess if you make it funny or unrealistic enough you can make it last from 5-8 seasons.

[/b]

A good portion of the show is flashbacks to the lives of the people stranded on the island, so that helps them drag it out. The flashbacks are written in very well though. Definitely the best show on television right now.

[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud[/i]@Sep 21 2005, 10:15 PM [b] Not one mention of the "evacuees" from the boat other than Walt's appearance to Shannon. Suprised by that.

That they waited so long to introduce the guy in the tunnel via flashback, it did dampen the “wow” factor of him being a flash from the past. You kind of knew it would be him.

Of course, I’m sounding negative but I’m not. First TV show I’ve been hooked to in eternity and a day. [/b]

I don’t know, I didn’t realize it was the same guy running the steps until I thought about it for a while. He looks a bit crazy right now, not as sane as when he first met Jack.

Someone told me that if you play what Walt was saying backwards, he says, “Don’t push the button.” Or something like that. If you go back and watch that part it’s pretty weird.

Also the number 108 painted with the graffiti, (what all the numbers add up to).

Best show on TV by far, one that I will stop whatever I’m doing and sit down for an hour and watch.

At the risk of sounding redundant, it’s definitely the best show on TV and in my opinion, the best show in years. I used to say that about 24 but 24 has lost it’s magic for me. Granted, it took 4 seasons to do that so who knows if Lost can endure either. But so far, so great.

If you were skeptical and didn’t catch the first season, I highly recommend getting the DVD’s and trying to catch up ASAP so you can be on board for season 2.

I’m gonna rent the DVDs and get on the bandwagon.

I will say that the first two episodes (the only ones Ive seen) definitely had me suspecting a St. Elsewhere ending to it all.

I just realized I’m gonna have to miss this weeks episode (as i’ll be on a plane)… gonna have to break out the old VHS.

ok… I just checked out abc’s Lost webpage and it includes a little snippit of this weeks episode… Something in the snippet doesn’t make much sense to me, in that it says Locke must decend into the hatch. Wasn’t he already down below!!!

btw they will reair the season premier episode at 8 (if you missed it), followed by the new one at 9.

[i]Originally posted by Anborn[/i]@Sep 26 2005, 12:58 PM [b] I just realized I'm gonna have to miss this weeks episode (as i'll be on a plane)... gonna have to break out the old VHS. [/b]
Hmmm...gonna be flying when Lost is on? Ironic. :P
[i]Originally posted by jcl49er+Sep 26 2005, 01:02 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (jcl49er @ Sep 26 2005, 01:02 PM)

So what’s the common theme among the passengers? I have a theory. A little cliche, yes but then again, it is regular TV.

The guy running the stairs is the devil. And at one point in their lives, everyone on the plane had sold their soul to the devil for something…and the island/crash is payback?

Jack sold his to save Sarah, fat guy to win the lotto, Kate to start over fresh, Saeed to find his girlfriend, Locke to walk again, etc, etc. Everyone has a reason if you think about it. Shannon even wanted Boone dead at one point…

But this leads me to the next question…what’s he gonna do with all these people now that he has them?

OK…maybe not…

The thought crossed my mine that they are in some sort of post-mortem limbo.

It’s not beyond the realm of tv programming possibilities.

I don’t perceive Desmond as being “evil” actually. Not really sure what his role will be but I don’t feel as though he or anything down the shaft presents any type of trouble for the castaways. And I’m not so sure that Desmond is tied into “the others.” I’m curious to see what exactly the story is with them because they are obviously malicious.

By the way, am I the only guy here that thinks Evangeline Lillly (Kate) is drop-dead beautiful? Just had to throw that in there. :stuck_out_tongue:

You are right jc… very hot!

[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud[/i]@Sep 26 2005, 04:19 PM [b] The thought crossed my mine that they are in some sort of post-mortem limbo.

It’s not beyond the realm of tv programming possibilities. [/b]

aka the St Elsewhere ending. (Isnt that the show that ended with that weird snow globe ending?)

BTW, Evangeline Lilly - HAWTNESS!!!

uberHot. I could think of worse fates than getting lost with her on a tropical island. In fact, sign me up for some of that!!! :smiley:

btw, anyone else notice what Desmond was typing into the terminal at the start of the show? If you’ve got VHS, go rewatch it… it appears as if he’s typing in the numbers, and then hits the execute button.

[i]Originally posted by jcl49er[/i]@Sep 26 2005, 03:23 PM [b] By the way, am I the only guy here that thinks Evangeline Lillly (Kate) is drop-dead beautiful? Just had to throw that in there. :P [/b]
:love: She's got that girl next door image.

The producers have stated they are not in a purgatory, which I would think would be a cheesy way to go. I wonder how long Desmond has been on the island? I think this week we find out the fate of those on the raft!!