Lots of names

Guys we were or are still recruiting for 07-08. From my Player list over at Rivals. Edited: 3 or 4 of these guys are current targets based on jucojunction and others.

[QUOTE]Point guard Stars Ht/Wt Hometown Rank Schools
Tony Neysmith [remove] 6-4/196 Norcross, GA NR Oklahoma
Chad Tomko [remove] 6-0/155 Charlotte, NC NR UNC-Wilmington

Shooting guard Stars Ht/Wt Hometown Rank Schools
Jeff Jones [remove] 6-4/185 Drexel Hill, PA NR Virginia
Lance Pevehouse [remove] 6-1/180 League City, TX NR list
Nolan Smith [remove] 6-3/175 Mouth of Wilson, VA NR Duke
Cameron Tatum [remove] 6-5/190 Tucker, GA 22 Tennessee

Small forward Stars Ht/Wt Hometown Rank Schools
Tirrell Baines [remove] 6-6/210 Patterson, NC NR list
Charlie Coley [remove] 6-7/- Dodge City, KS NR list
Kenyan Harmon [remove] 6-6/200 North Augusta, SC NR list
Schyler King [remove] 6-6/197 Tyler, TX NR list
Lamont Mack [remove] 6-7/215 Lufkin, TX NR Charlotte
Eric Whitehurst [remove] 6-9/210 Chesapeake, VA NR list

Power forward Stars Ht/Wt Hometown Rank Schools
Michael Beasley [remove] 6-9/235 Fitchburg, MA NR Kansas State
Ramon Clemente [remove] 6-6/210 Paris, TX NR list
Tyrell Lynch [remove] 6-9/220 Laurinburg, NC NR Auburn
Gaby Ngoundgo [remove] 6-7/235 Little Rock, AR NR Charlotte
Herb Pope [remove] 6-8/233 Aliquippa, PA 5 New Mexico St.
Michael Sanchez [remove] 6-8/220 Springdale, AR NR list
Jonathan Sloan [remove] 6-9/225 Richardson, TX NR Texas State
Tracy Smith [remove] 6-7/225 Durham, NC NR NC State

Center Stars Ht/Wt Hometown Rank Schools
David Collins [remove] 7-0/222 West Plains, MO NR list
Anthony McClain [remove] 6-11/220 Fort Washington, MD 6 list
Albert Turley [remove] 6-8/275 Houston, TX NR list[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the list, some bad news … Herb Pope was shot.

Not sure how this will translate. From my Favorites list over at Rivals. We're recruiting 3 or 4 of these guys based on jucojunction and others. Of course some are already taken:

Point guard Stars Ht/Wt Hometown Rank Schools

Shooting guard Stars Ht/Wt Hometown Rank Schools
Lance Pevehouse [remove] 6-1/180 League City, TX NR list

Small forward Stars Ht/Wt Hometown Rank Schools
Tirrell Baines [remove] 6-6/210 Patterson, NC NR list
Charlie Coley [remove] 6-7/- Dodge City, KS NR list
Schyler King [remove] 6-6/197 Tyler, TX NR list

Power forward Stars Ht/Wt Hometown Rank Schools
Ramon Clemente [remove] 6-6/210 Paris, TX NR list
Michael Sanchez [remove] 6-8/220 Springdale, AR NR list

Center Stars Ht/Wt Hometown Rank Schools
David Collins [remove] 7-0/222 West Plains, MO NR list
Albert Turley [remove] 6-8/275 Houston, TX NR list

to narrow it down a lot. basically this is the list of guys we are going after now.

What in the heck happened to Sanchez? Isn’t he an 07, didn’t we look to be in good shape with him at some point?

I’m pretty sure he reclassified to 08. I know he was thinking about it. He plays on Gaby’s AAU team doesn’t he?

What in the heck happened to Sanchez? Isn't he an 07, didn't we look to be in good shape with him at some point?

prep

Can we play David Collins as goaltender?

Here are some recent ‘rumors’ with Lefty’s names. I’m a cheap bastard, but maybe someone with a subscription can help fill in the holes.

[B]Lance Pevehouse[/B] 6-1/180 League City, TX

De-committed from Army - [URL=http://www.ninernation.net/forum/showthread.php?p=224745](NNN thread)[/URL]
March 14, 2007 [URL=http://charlotte.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?sid=&script=/content.asp&cid=652848&fid=&tid=&mid=][B]link[/B][/URL]

[B]Tirrell Baines[/B] 6-6/210 Patterson, NC
April 27, 2007
"I think he’s deciding between Marshall and Mississippi, likely leaning toward Marshall."
~Patterson head coach Chris Chaney
http://njmg.typepad.com/zagsblog/2007/04/seton_hall_out_.html

[B]Charlie Coley[/B] 6-7/- Dodge City, KS

[B][COLOR=DarkGreen]X Committed to Charlotte X[/COLOR][/B]

[B]Schyler King[/B] 6-6/197 Tyler, TX

he lists Chattanooga, Houston, E. Carolina, Central Michigan
March 14, 2007 [URL=http://p197.ezboard.com/New-recruiting-target-Schyler-King/fmoctalkfrm1.showMessage?topicID=5254.topic][B]link[/B][/URL]

[B]Ramon Clemente[/B] 6-6/210 Paris, TX

[B][COLOR=darkred]X Commited to Wichita State X[/COLOR][/B]

[B]Michael Sanchez[/B] 6-8/220 Springdale, AR

"6-foot-8 forward Michael Sanchez, one of the top unsigned players in the class of '07, is expected to visit Wake Forest the weekend of May 4-6 and Kentucky the following week, according to the Lexington Herald-Leader. The Springdale, Ark. native is also considering Arkansas and Louisiana State or possibly attending a prep school as a post-graduate."
May 2, 2007 http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/briefingroom

[B]David Collins[/B] 7-0/222 West Plains, MO

[B][COLOR=darkred]X Commited to Bradley X[/COLOR][/B]

[B]Albert Turley[/B] 6-8/275 Houston, TX NR

[B][COLOR=darkred]X Commited to Albany X[/COLOR][/B]

[B]Anthony McClain[/B] 6-11/220 Fort Washington, MD

[B][COLOR=darkred]X Commited to Cincinnati X[/COLOR][/B]

This is not much, and it’s a few months out-of-date, but this site has some blurbs on the top-rated jucos:

http://jucojunction.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=1689&Year=2007

[QUOTE]16 Charles Bronson El Reno (OK) Redlands (Okla.) CC F 6-9/220 Xavier
Xavier signee, long arms, good rebounder, not a great athlete.

19 Charlie Coley Dodge City (KS) Dodge City CC F 6-7/ list
Superb athlete, great in transition and a good rebounder.

22 Lamont Mack Lufkin (TX) Angelina College F 6-7/215 Charlotte
Very versatile defender, range to about 18 feet.

26 David Collins West Plains (MO) Missouri State-West Plains C 7-0/222 list
Good shot-blocker, good touch on the shot. Very high upside.[/QUOTE]

Stumbled upon a juco site and I thought I’d share to those who are interested. If you’re not interested in that sort of thing, move along.

http://eteamz.active.com/HAAY/news/index.cfm?cat=213475

I liked it because it gave some insight on the players themselves. A few interesting notes (notes are written from earliest to latest and separated by dots […]):

[QUOTE]
[U]3.) Lamont Mack 6’7” PF Angelina[/U]
Mack is one of the countries most versatile performers. Can score inside or out. The Chicago native is very athletic. Also can defend a variety of positions. Was injured most of his freshman year, but he had an outstanding camp this summer at Mullen Juco Showcase. He has Charlotte, Loyola of Chicago, Illinois State and Louisiana Tech, as some of the schools that want his talents … Angelina has been a common spot for NCAA Division I recruiters this fall … All-American, Lamont Mack has a favorite, the Charlotte 49’ers. Charlotte may have the hardest working recruiters in the country lead by former Maryland asst. coach, Rob Moxley, former Texas A&M asst. coach, Bobby Kummer, and former West Virginia asst. coach, Chris Cheeks.
… Angelina responded well from Wednesday night’s loss with an 85-75 victory over the #7 ranked San Jacinto Ravens. Sophomore forwards, Lamont Mack and Tristan Worrell paced the Roadrunners with 22 points apiece. … Lamont Mack 6’7” PF/SF Chicago, IL - Versatile, can score inside or out. Very good rebounder. High major/upper mid major prospect. … Angelina was lead by 19 points from All-American Lamont Mack. … On Wednesday, Angelina defeated Panola 82-68. The Road Runners were lead in scoring by Lamont Mack with 17 points, 11 rebounds, and 6 assists … Angelina was led by Lamont Mack with 23 points and 23 rebounds.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE][U]Ramon Clemente 6’6” PF Paris[/U]
The New Yorker is an undersized warrior. No one in juco basketball competes as hard as Clemente. He is a great rebounder and is skilled enough to do some things from the high post and short corner, as well as the low block. Mid major schools all over the US have their sights on Clemente. … Every team looks for sophomore leadership. It looks like Paris has found plenty of it in forward, Ramon Clemente. On Wednesday, he scored 17 points and snatched 13 rebounds vs. Tyler. … Sophomore forward, Ramon Clemente scored 17 points and grabbed 13 rebounds. … Ramon Clemente 6’6” PF Queens, NY - Tough hard nosed rebounder. Can also score 15 ft. and in. Mid major prospect. … Sophomore forward Ramon Clemente dominated the paint with 24 points and 17 rebounds. … Ramon Clemente from Paris has Illinois State, Wichita State, and UTEP after him. … This week’s honor goes to Paris sophomore power forward, Ramon Clemente. On Wednesday, Clemente scored 40 points and yanked down 11 rebounds, as he dominated San Jacinto in the paint. He is the “protypical” undersized warrior. All upper mid/mid major programs, in the market for an animal need to recruit Clemente. … Clemente has done as much as anyone raising his recruiting stock this season.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE][U]Schyler King 6’6” SF Tyler[/U]
Sophomore post man, Schyler King led the Apaches with 20 points … Very versatile performer. Can score in/out. Mid/low major prospect.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE][U]Eric Whitehurst 6’9” SF Blinn[/U]
Whitehurst is a long and athletic wing, who can shoot it from 3 pt. land. Is also athletic enough to be a good rebounder. The Chesapeake, VA native transfers to Blinn from Allegheny Community College (MD). Must find a “mean streak” this year. If he does, then expect big things from him, as he continues his career at Charlotte. … Charlotte signee, Eric Whitehurst led the Buccaneers with 18 points. The Buccaneers also played some outstanding “team” defense … Has great range. Long and athletic. Upper mid major prospect. Signed with Charlotte. … The big word of the week is that Blinn forward, Eric Whitehurst is back on the market. Whitehurst signed early with Charlotte, yet in a mutual agreement, he will be released from his letter of intent. Any mid major programs needing a 6’9” versatile 4/3 man need to contact Blinn Head Coach Steve Spurlin about Whitehurst … [/QUOTE]

I like to hear this

[QUOTE]
[B][I]Charlotte may have the hardest working recruiters in the country lead by former Maryland asst. coach, Rob Moxley, former Texas A&M asst. coach, Bobby Kummer, and former West Virginia asst. coach, Chris Cheeks.[/I][/B]
[/QUOTE]

hearing the quote “good from 3 point land” doesnt make me feel so hot…

[QUOTE=Gill2003;230416]I like to hear this

Charlotte may have the hardest working recruiters in the country lead by former Maryland asst. coach, Rob Moxley, former Texas A&M asst. coach, Bobby Kummer, and former West Virginia asst. coach, Chris Cheeks.
[/QUOTE] Me too!!!

:thumbsup:

[QUOTE=the daxified one;228908]to narrow it down a lot. basically this is the list of guys we are going after now.[/QUOTE]

thanks dax for bringing it as usual. the list that started this thread was a wee bit generic.

hearing the quote "good from 3 point land" doesnt make me feel so hot...

don’t get bothered about it. we maybe have 4 or 5 guys on the team next year who like to step out there and shoot.

Phaler, Leemire, Ian, Barnett and maybe one of the guys we havent seen much from.

[QUOTE=metro;230445]thanks dax for bringing it as usual. the list that started this thread was a wee bit generic.[/QUOTE]

If you followed any of this, you would know that Coley, Clemente and King were the new guys we were/are targeting…since they’re names popped up for the first time. If you’re not interested in it, then just keep on moving.

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;230473]If you followed any of this, you would know that Coley, Clemente and King were the new guys we were/are targeting…since they’re names popped up for the first time. If you’re not interested in it, then just keep on moving.[/QUOTE]

I am interested in who we sign between now and summer, just not obsessed bunghole. Thats why I praised DAX for the real scoop here.

I watch recruiting from a distance because its overrated…err most players are overrated. This is the one thing I agree with FudgePacker on.

I have seen so many “this guy is gonna help us big time” threads that I really don’t care that deeply about a kid until he puts on a uni.

Freddy Little, a sophomore at Miami-Dade Junior College (21-7), gave Benny Moss an Easter present on Sunday afternoon, verbally committing to UNCW.

Little, a 6-0 point guard, averaged 19.9 points and 4.0 assists at Miami Dade this season. He is a native of Bunn.

Now that we know that our coaches are staying, I thought I’d revisit the recruiting situation:

[COLOR=blue]Lamont Mack[/COLOR] - rumor has it that he has his LOI papers, he just has to sign it and send it back to the school.

[COLOR=blue]Charlie Coley[/COLOR] - He is being targeted by Bradley and visited the school over the weekend. Unseasonably crappy weather effected his visit. He’s also considering Louisville:

http://www.pjstar.com/stories/041207/BRA_BCTL84AL.071.php

[COLOR=blue]Ramon Clemente[/COLOR] - He apparently likes Wichita State, but the coaching change there has thrown a monkeywrench into the works. He’s also considering Syracuse:

http://www.kansas.com/240/story/44325.html (thanks to OrangeOtto for the link)

Haven’t seen anything regarding [COLOR=blue]Schyler King[/COLOR].

Not exactly sure if this is the correct thread but here is a list of guys who have announced transferring as of 4/12.

[URL=http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/goodmanonfox/2007/04/12/2007_Transfer_List]http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/goodmanonfox/2007/04/12/2007_Transfer_List[/URL]