"loudest in the nation"....?

[QUOTE=CharSFNiners;268721]It was a good atmosphere for sure, best in some time, but when the place literally starts to shake from the noise, then it will be on the same level of when weā€™d play Cincy, Lā€™ville, Memphis.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, those were great times. The physical building wasnā€™t shaking last night, but the cobwebs were shaken out of my head so that I now remember what it was like when the building shook.

It seems like forever since even the great March meltdown.

I bet there are people on this board who have never seen the ticket office display the words ā€œSOLD OUTā€ at the window.

Well, I remember that and also having people walk up to me on campus WANTING TO BUY my tickets.

To all the students on the forum great turnout last night!! Hopefully my fellow alum will start showing up for some games.

Love the ā€œget on your feetā€ chant! Keep it up, great atmosphere last night!!

[QUOTE=BiscuitPants04;268543]two different thingsā€¦

oneā€¦new blood. they want to be part of something special.

twoā€¦in our society we can pretty much classify 8 out of 10 people as bandwagoners. if he or she is doing itā€¦IM GOING TO DO ITā€¦ it sucks but i rather have butts in the seats than none at all. most people dont love something as we doā€¦unless they are winning and everyone else is doing it[/QUOTE]

Yes this is very true, I was standing in line to get in behind a couple of students last night and one said this:

ā€œMan I tell you that #2 is good, that freshman, he can jump.ā€

I kind of chuckled to myself, but didnā€™t say anything. I donā€™t care how uninformed a student/fan is about our team, as long as they come to Halton and cheer for the Niners as loud as they can then theyā€™re okay in my book.

[QUOTE=Powerbait;268608]No way, no how.

The loss to Alabama was not a letdown. Rutgers, well, it happens. But as fun as this team is to watch, Eddie, Curt, and yes Brendan all were capable and quite frequently put on shows that were over the top amazing. There is not a player on this team that is capable of the plays those guys made yet. Leemire is an okay go-to guy, but he is not at the level some of our past shooting guards have been.

There is not the offensive fire, nor the really dominate low post presence that team had. But they were all upperclassmen and there were two potential NBA players on that team. Who knows what these guys will be like NEXT season or even the year after that. Then they might be able to compare with some of the better Bobby Lutz and even Charlotte 49er teams in general.

That said, they are fun and they are beating teams that would have beaten us last year. I wouldnā€™t go so far as to say we are good yet, but we have been good enough and we might become a good team by the end of the year.[/QUOTE]

Should I quote you on this? Because as a freshman Anjuan Wilderness will be right up there in time. I think the same can be said about Big Phil (as far as Niner Centers go).

BTW, One thing that is glaringly better than the past couple years is the production of JUCO big men. I donā€™t care how much anyone on here donā€™t like JUCOs, Coley and Mack are two guys that we couldnā€™t do without right now. They provide engergy and defense and arenā€™t too shabby on the offensive end either. Last year, none of our JUCO big men even came close to production these guys are/will be putting up.

[QUOTE=Ninerballin;268748]Should I quote you on this? Because as a freshman Anjuan Wilderness will be right up there in time. I think the same can be said about Big Phil (as far as Niner Centers go).

BTW, One thing that is glaringly better than the past couple years is the production of JUCO big men. I donā€™t care how much anyone on here donā€™t like JUCOs, Coley and Mack are two guys that we couldnā€™t do without right now. They provide engergy and defense and arenā€™t too shabby on the offensive end either. Last year, none of our JUCO big men even came close to production these guys are/will be putting up.[/QUOTE]

iā€™m glad we have moxley back because heā€™s recruiting like crazy. cheeks is doing a phenominal job as well.

This Team has HEART!! What a game, I had my cousin in from Michigan (a MSU grad) and she was very impressed and had a great time. She was down with us in 104 jumping our asses off.