Low Self Esteem? Post here.

My curiosity has me tracking the Observer’s coverage of Charlotte and Chapel Hill for the rest of the season. I wish I would have started at the beginning of the season but the timing should still work. At this juncture both teams seem to be fairly equal (Chapel Hill is 42 in the RPI and we are 60). Chapel Hill has 15 games that will be covered remaining in the regular season. We have 14 games including last night. I’ll keep tabs on other sports as well. This is for the print edition only (and the one that arrives at my doorstep in Cabarrus County every morning). Tallies include copy and photos.

January 17th- Charlotte vs. Fordham 60 column inches (Donnie Smith MLS article- additional 12)

Do you have access to EBSCO? It would be a much more powerful tool for this type of analysis.

Why is the local paper covering a school 150 miles away?

Are front page column inches going to be awarded a higher value than page 4 column inches? Are pictures going to be included in the analysis? If nay to both, I feel the analysis will be lacking.

[quote=“ninermike, post:1, topic:27377”]My curiosity has me tracking the Observer’s coverage of Charlotte and Chapel Hill for the rest of the season. I wish I would have started at the beginning of the season but the timing should still work. At this juncture both teams seem to be fairly equal (Chapel Hill is 42 in the RPI and we are 60). Chapel Hill has 15 games that will be covered remaining in the regular season. We have 14 games including last night. I’ll keep tabs on other sports as well. This is for the print edition only (and the one that arrives at my doorstep in Cabarrus County every morning). Tallies include copy and photos.

January 17th- Charlotte vs. Fordham 60 column inches (Donnie Smith MLS article- additional 12)[/quote]
Call it “loco” paper all you want. But, you will be extremely disappointed since the disturber is located in Orange County. ;D

Photos are included in the column inches. I’ll make a note of front page as well but as a general rule front page means more column inches.

“ninermike?”

Is this Mike Persinger trying to BS us? Surely someone with a UNC-CH diploma could come up with a more clever disguise.

[quote=“stonecoldken, post:7, topic:27377”]“ninermike?”

Is this Mike Persinger trying to BS us? Surely someone with a UNC-CH diploma could come up with a more clever disguise.[/quote]
So, it is safe to change the name to Tarhole Mike. ;D

[quote=“stonecoldken, post:7, topic:27377”]“ninermike?”

Is this Mike Persinger trying to BS us? Surely someone with a UNC-CH diploma could come up with a more clever disguise.[/quote]

Yeah I’ve been on the board for 10 years under this disguise and I’ve finally found my moment to BS you.

[quote=“ninermike, post:9, topic:27377”][quote=“stonecoldken, post:7, topic:27377”]“ninermike?”

Yeah I’ve been on the board for 10 years under this disguise and I’ve finally found my moment to BS you.[/quote]

10 years on the board and 415 posts. You ARE THE FAN aren’t you?

Man, you guys are worse than me. Stop Niner-on-Niner violence. Dude is just trying to answer a question using reproducible methods.

Good observation NLP. We’d have a lot more people posting on here if we didn’t have such wankers ruining it for the rest of us.

we’ve beaten this dead horse for the past 15 years.

Good observation NLP. We’d have a lot more people posting on here if we didn’t have such wankers ruining it for the rest of us.[/quote]
Well, to be fair, we were a lot more hostile to each other when we were winning and were relevent. Losing thinned the board out, not the “wankers”.

And I think you have a good homework assignment but I think you have made the assignment too late in the year. I have already seen at least 5 or 6 articles on nothing but Ole Roy.

If it were possible, I wish you could go back and see the war of words between Persinger and Over40niner. Pure Venom- Classic. It’s why Over is a folk hero to Niners of all ages.

Good observation NLP. We’d have a lot more people posting on here if we didn’t have such wankers ruining it for the rest of us.[/quote]
+1

Stop wanking you wankers.

+1 ;D

clt welcomes his good buddy mike p to rejoin the board.

Because Charlotte has more UNC Chapel Hill fans than Charlotte fans, and they’re a business.

I don’t think Mike P has been here since gloating about Butch Davis’ extension.