Lutz a candiate for NCSU Job?

On the packpride.com premium board (you have to have an account) there is an eight page thread about Lutz to NC State. Nearly 90% of those who responded were VERY negative about Coach Lutz and the Niners. Some even said they would take Bill Guthridge over Bobby Lutz. I doubt if he’s been contacted, but the State discussion has finally made it’s way to Lutz.

Never understood the hate for Lutz from state fans. My guess is that they think they are “more worthy” than to have to settle for Lutz. We’ve said it a million times, Moo U fans are delusional about their place in college basketball as Pat Forde pointed out very well in his article.

Lutz is a solid coach and would do well at NC State if he offered and accepted. I’m not looking for that to happen.

I remember someone saying Lutz has already been contacted and refused I thought???

I agree MK. That just shows the audacity of the State fans and their athletic department. Lutz would do as good of a job there as Sendek did and there are very few coaches out there that could do much better.
If you expect to compete on the same level as UNC and Duke year in and year out, you truly are delusional. Having said that, you can still shoot for making it to the sweet 16, great 8 and a once in a blue moon appearance to the final four as a third place ACC team. The stupidity up there never ceases to amaze me.

I can’t believe the arrogance of State fans. Do they realize what a debacle they are in? No top tier coach will touch that job. The hole and dookie fans must be giggling their asses off.

I remember someone saying Lutz has already been contacted and refused I thought???

He mentioned in his interview on NinerReport that he’d been contacted by other schools but said no. No mention of State specifically.

I wouldn’t put much stock in anything you read on that board… a good percentage of them still think they are getting Rick Barnes. :huh:

if lutz wants to get out of coaching in next 5 years like he’s said, if they offered I’d take this job. Sure he’d be their new goat, but atleast he’d retire from coaching with alot more money than he will from here. Not too far from Harrisburg either.

amusingly, at this point Lutz may be as high profile as they have chance at.

Did he explicitly state he wants to get out of coaching in the next five years or is that reading between the lines? I wouldn’t doubt it… another 5 years at 600,000 k would give him a nice little cushion on top of what he’s already made.

I just know he publicly state he wasn’t going to coach till he was gray haired and be that type of person when he signed his extension a few years ago.

pack fans are simply retarded. he already took his name out of the running for this job. wow they simply never give up.

[QUOTE=MKNiner;172245]Never understood the hate for Lutz from state fans. My guess is that they think they are “more worthy” than to have to settle for Lutz. We’ve said it a million times, Moo U fans are delusional about their place in college basketball as Pat Forde pointed out very well in his article.

Lutz is a solid coach and would do well at NC State if he offered and accepted. I’m not looking for that to happen.[/QUOTE]

Didn’t we ruin their inaguration of the ESA (or whatever it was called then?). I know they want a “big name coach” but is there one left that is available and hasn’t turned them down?

Their fans can think whatever they want but the fact is State has sunken low enough to think about bringing in Phil Ford - a former player and former assistant of their most hated rival. A guy with a criminal record. A guy who has never coached a DI game.

Well bottom line is if he’s a candidate, someone better tell the News and Observer, because they’re reporting it’s going to be Sidney Lowe.

Well bottom line is if he's a candidate, someone better tell the News and Observer, because they're reporting it's going to be Sidney Lowe.

Yup.

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/sports/colleges/14500494.htm

Lowe huh?

You know it’s bad when your leading candidate is a drop out.:ohmy:

Certainly not who wolfpack fans were hoping for a month ago.

I thought one of their requirements was that the new coach have at least 5 years of division one head coaching experience… Lowe has never been a college coach, has he? It will be interesting to see how he transitions from the NBA to college though.

It will be fun to watch and see how it goes for NCSU. Seems they are on the elevator headed to G / B. Certainly a (Lowe)er level.

If I was an NC State fan, I would be very embarrassed…
Good job, State!!
:toast:
:lmao:

I wonder what he’s gonna be making?

At least he’ll be able to pay off his school loans.

They had to eliminate the “five year minimum of Division I head coaching experience” just to get a coach. :lol: