Lutz Discussion

I remember watching then play over myrtle beach

1 Like

I’ll ask him

Buuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrp

1 Like

Wow! You’re old.

I remember them too.

It was way cool

No argument there. You think the AAC is gonna be better for recruiting? That’s a serious question btw.

Once again, I’m not anti Lutz, I just know it’s never gonna happen so it’s a moot point

Yes Hootie, Memphis, SMU, Wichita St., Temple, etc. is more attractive than the A-10. Culturally too we just weren’t a fit.

I’m sure you’ve heard the one definition of insanity as doing the same thing over and over, but expecting a different result? Perhaps that’s why the “againsts” are not making the “against” argument, to avoid insanity.

1 Like

Maybe, but if recall correctly there were years when we were in the A10 that there were 4 teams from the conf that went to the tourney. I don’t see that in the AAC we’re going to be in

True but look at Memphis, if they’re Top 10 and VCU is top 10 Memphis will be a bigger game because of who they are. Culturally we have a rivalry aside from them just being a good basketball team.

Too with the A-10 so many schools are those Northeastern schools, there just never would be much of a draw to watching them.

I feel the the same way every time you credit Lutz, you have to say he basically kept the ship (that Mullins and Watkins built) afloat.

Both scenarios can be true. We were not a good fit and we did not perform well in the A10. Over his last 4 season we were 30-34 in conference. Had we done better against Xavier and Temple, they would have been more of a rivalry.

clt says Lutz was/is a great A10 pilot

1 Like

Gonna be better than CUSA!

Or a good fit for the A10 is not an excuse for how we performed in that conference. Just sayin

Love Lutz but the trend arrow was pointing down when he left. Yet to recover

All coaches have a trend down arrow in their record. His trending upward had already begun. A shame he was not allowed to continue.

What did trend down was our program. Looking back, perhaps the coach was not the problem after all.

Lutz was good for us. Loved the guy. His winning percentage was .580. Good not Woodenesque as some would have you believe

4 Likes

No one was happy in his last two years. Love him but it did feel like “the run” was over. Too reliant on Juco at a time where that wasn’t working like portal today would have for him.

Just let it end with good memories……just old girlfriends that weren’t as pretty as you thought when you look back at pictures.

2 Likes

Best post of the thread. We broke with those chicks, or them us, for a reason

1 Like

I was happy with 19 wins and haven’t been any happier since except for the year we won 21 games and made the NIT.

1 Like