Lutz Discussion

You are a genius. Seriously, you get IT

My point is, weā€™ve had so many darn fails. Heck, rehiring Bobby could be a fail too. However, this is essentially an ā€œentertainmentā€ business. What would be more entertaining for the fanbase, to watch our most celebrated coach come back, and give it one last shot? Iā€™d take that storyline over a Mark Price hire. Give me something to get excited about. If it sucks and is a bad idea, then heck, we tried, and weā€™ll steer the ship again. But hiring Bobby back could be a heck of a story, and get people back to Halton. And if itā€™s a failed experiment, then seriously, could it be any worse than where we are now?

clt wonders if Lutz reads this chat page

Like I wrote it myself. Let Bobby worry about his legacy. We need excitement, fun and winning. Those are 3 things old Sanchez and Rose never were and never will be

1 Like

You guys are all over it.

Not towards you Hootie, but for the other people or person who knows better, get with the program. I mean, itā€™s been taking a few days to over a week to flag my posts. Come on, you are better than that, and surely you have nothing else better to do

I feel like a Lutz Discussion thread is finally a safe place.

Just watched Bobby Huggins coaching West Virginia blowout Florida. I remember when Bobby Lutz used to kick Bobby Huggins rear end when he was at Cincinnati. Even when Lutz did not come out on the good side it was an absolute dog fight. And, the fans had a blast.

Huggins is back with his Alma Matta. Itā€™s time for Lutz to do the same. Iā€™m sure Huggins would vouch for Lutz coaching ability; Pitino and Calipari among others would do the same.

2 Likes

Love Bobby but this is a sad, sad thread.
Time to move on.

2 Likes

Interesting, the fors provide validation while the against just say move on.

1 Like

The people who say move on from Bobby Lutz are ā€œthe people who know betterā€. They tend to sling it with zeal

Bobbyā€™s record had very little to do with his dismissal.

He didnt get fired mostly because of his record, but if his record had been better and he had made NCAAs Judy couldnā€™t have fired him.

Hell, I liked Bobby and still do but he didnā€™t make the tourney his last 5 or 6 years. Like most businesses itā€™s what have you done for me lately. No argument weā€™ve sucked since.

And for the record, the A10 was a damn GOOD basketball conference. If he couldnā€™t recruit to compete there does anybody think heā€™s gonna be able to recruit to the shitty AAC???

The A10 was never a good fit for us. Nobody cared here or near here about the A10

Still the best ground support aircraft in the world.

2 Likes

This is correct MJG. The A10 had some pretty good teams in it, but it paled in comparison to where we HAD been and WHO we had been playing for the previous decade. Fans, coaches and recruits knew it. At the TIME, it was viewed as a step down and certainly impacted our recruiting.

Not sure why now, but I thought weā€™d dominate the A10. What a terrible weird ride that was. Iā€™ll always remember Bobby getting on the mic after we upset a ranked temple and yelling that immortal phrase: ā€œThe NINERS are back!!ā€

Agreed. Loved having these watch over us in Desert Storm

3 Likes

Go Warthogs !

2 Likes