Lutz Live 2-nite

[QUOTE=dk49er;292749]If what is posted is true, concerning the coaches responses , then looks like someone is a little defensive.[/QUOTE]

Too bad itā€™s not the teamā€¦

JUST KIDDING. It was too easy.

Guess Bobby doesnā€™t like answering the tough questions, without asking questions in return? Just answer the questions coach the first time. Not cool to mock the person asking the questions. For those of you who bitch that people donā€™t call in or ask the questions to coach in person during the Lutz Live, please remember this night and coachā€™s responses. No wonder.

"Did you see Davidson? Did you see Wake Forest? Did you see Temple? Did you see St Joes? Did you see Clemson?" in a sarcastic manner (questioning their fan-hood, I guess :lol:).
[B]Just for Fun[/B] [FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][IMG]http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/7351/95231770ij0.jpg[/IMG][/SIZE][/FONT]

I suppose he could have brought up Monmouth, we shot better from 3 in that game (24%) than the previous two. We also made the same amount (6) in the last two games combined.

why are we last in the league in fg%??? is it because we shoot twice as much as all the other teams. The Bonnies shoot better than usā€¦ughhhhhhh. GW who is 5-13 shoot better than us. its one thing to be average in the middle, but to be lastttttttttt. Awful. not even 2nd to last. Last.

The questions were definitely tough tonight.

It was good to hear a lot of the questions voiced on the message board voiced in person. Lutz seemed a little off guard and defensive but if he makes the calls and he wants fans he had better expect to answer the tough ones.

The questions were definitely tough tonight.

It was good to hear a lot of the questions voiced on the message board voiced in person. Lutz seemed a little off guard and defensive but if he makes the calls and he wants fans he had better expect to answer the tough ones.

Reading everything on here is one reason I asked that specific question. I wanted to make 100% sure someone got it out, soā€¦I let it be me. And he was a bit defensive about his response. If my phone wouldnā€™t have droppedā€¦ā€œdid I see all those gamesā€. DAMN RIGHT, I was there at every game except Clemson (money prohibited me from that one)

I was SO glad to finally hear some of the questions I see in these threads actually asked. Bravo to those with the courage to do so. Seriously.

That said, I donā€™t really think Lutz was any ruder to the askers than they were to him. Just my opinion, everyone interprets social situations differently. The question about Gerrity and Dijuan not shooting enough was framed politely, the rest were sort of shoved out there. Nothing wrong with that, but I donā€™t think you can do that and expect Lutz to dance around an answer. Also, eye-rolling? I didnā€™t actually see it, but come on. Eye-rolling?

Actually I'm the one who had the first call in regarding the shot selection, right when he was asking me if I seen the other games (as he repeated later in the show) my cell phone died or I would have commented that those games are not happening right now, I want to know what is being done in the present. Also, I am a student, not an alumni.

Not to nitpickā€¦ but itā€™s ā€œIā€™m a student, not an ALUMNUS.ā€ One of you = Alumnus/Alumna. More than one = Alumni (or Alumnae if theyā€™re all female).

Anyway, thoughā€¦the real reason I quoted you was to say thank you for being the one to call in first and have the gall to go ahead and ask that question. Thanks. Seriously.

I was SO glad to finally hear some of the questions I see in these threads actually asked. Bravo to those with the courage to do so. Seriously.

That said, I donā€™t really think Lutz was any ruder to the askers than they were to him. Just my opinion, everyone interprets social situations differently. The question about Gerrity and Dijuan not shooting enough was framed politely, the rest were sort of shoved out there. Nothing wrong with that, but I donā€™t think you can do that and expect Lutz to dance around an answer. Also, eye-rolling? I didnā€™t actually see it, but come on. Eye-rolling?

Donā€™t give completely ridiculous answers if you donā€™t want people to ā€˜eye-rollā€™, imho. No bad shots? Leemire doesnā€™t take ANY bad shots? Shots with 2 guys on you, or a wild 3 with 25+ seconds left on the shot clock? Not bad shots? Mack shooting 5-10 feet behind the 3 point line? Twice this year Leemire has lofted contorted air-balls from 3 point land with 2 guys on him, one in UMassā€¦ the other versus Richmond. There is no way Lutz doesnā€™t think those are bad shotsā€¦ at least I hope soā€¦

Also, the way Lutz handled it tonight is only going to discourage straight-forward, tough questions. You leave yourself open to be mocked by Lutz with no recourseā€¦ the guys couldnā€™t defend themselves, because their mics were muted.

why are we last in the league in fg%????????????????? is it because we shoot twice as much as all the other teams.

Because we have the worst shot selection of any team in the conference. The two go hand in hand.

Don't give completely ridiculous answers if you don't want people to 'eye-roll', imho. No bad shots? Leemire doesn't take ANY bad shots? Shots with 2 guys on you, or a wild 3 with 25+ seconds left on the shot clock? Not bad shots? Mack shooting 5-10 feet behind the 3 point line? Twice this year Leemire has lofted contorted air-balls from 3 point land with 2 guys on him, one in UMass... the other versus Richmond. There is no way Lutz doesn't think those are bad shots... at least I hope so...

Also, the way Lutz handled it tonight is only going to discourage straight-forward, tough questions. You leave yourself open to be mocked by Lutz with no recourseā€¦ the guys couldnā€™t defend themselves, because their mics were muted.

I canā€™t think of any situation outside of middle school that justifies eye rolling.

I do think you have a point about the mics situation, although most take the headphones off the second their question is over. Iā€™d love to see some actual back and forth.

Someone shouldā€™ve called in and saidā€¦Did you see Monmouth, did you see Hofstra, did you see Tulsa, did you see Richmond? Did you see Miss. St, Did you see Wyoming, did you see App St., did you see Northwestern, did you see Valpo, did you see etc. etc., the list goes on? Same thing different year. I didnā€™t listen or go to the Lutz Live, but if it was how it is being described, that is ridiculous. Now I see why none of our problems on the court are ever addressed, because; 1. he obviously doesnā€™t think there are any problems, and 2. he doesnā€™t want to hurt anyoneā€™s feelings (oh, there confidence might be destroyed if I tell them that shooting a fade away three w/ someone taller than you guarding you tight when weā€™re winning late in the game is a bad shot). **** that. That is a sorry excuse for a response to a very legit question.

DOBA, for him to just shrug his shoulders and say ā€œWe won against good teamsā€ is like throwing in the towel. He getā€™s paid a lot of money to coach the players, not pat them on the back if they shoot 70% or 5%. I hate to bring it up but thatā€™s why Coach K is the best in the game, even when they were up by 10 last night he was still riding his team and coaching for improvment. Lutz seems to have the attitude that if the shots arenā€™t falling he thinks, ah shucks weā€™ll get them next time. Pathetic if you ask me.

To add on what was said, I think itā€™s interesting to note that Lutz said ā€œwe donā€™t have a Hansbroughā€ regarding the inside game. He also said, I believe directly, that we [I]can not[/I] win without the three ball.

[QUOTE=cibik02;292760]why are we last in the league in fg%??? is it because we shoot twice as much as all the other teams. The Bonnies shoot better than usā€¦ughhhhhhh. GW who is 5-13 shoot better than us. its one thing to be average in the middle, but to be lastttttttttt. Awful. not even 2nd to last. Last.[/QUOTE]

Because we are a defensive team this year! Yā€™all seem to keep forgetting this. I know itā€™s a new concept for 49er fans everywhere, or at least the concept has a lot of dust on it, but that is how we shot so bad in the last two games and still lost by 6 or less.

If youā€™ve been watching Bobby for the last 10 yrs, you know nothing will change. He gives the green light to guys, thats what he does.

[QUOTE=eason49;292736]he responded ā€œDid you see Davidson? Did you see Wake Forest? Did you see Temple? Did you see St Joes? Did you see Clemson?ā€ [/QUOTE]

I personally did not attend or listen to Lutz Live last night, so I admit upfront I am commenting on 2nd hand information. Further, I am not discrediting the 2nd hand information, just trying to remain as objective as possible.

with that disclaimer in mindā€¦I am disappointed to hear that Lutz gave this response to the question. Yeah, I did see those games. So what. In my opinion, you can not pick and choose. It is the entire body of work, in other wordsā€¦the whole season. No I donā€™t expect this team to be perfect every game. But seeing similar patterns , a Sr. leader making poor shot selections in successive game (richmond and dayton) is not bad luck. It is a larger problem. What problem? I have no idea and wonā€™t try to speculate. But it does deserve some sort of caution (sitting down (note I did not use the ā€œBā€ word) for some part of the game) from the Coach.

Using Lutzā€™ logic, Iā€™m surprised he didnā€™t bring Leeā€™s run to end the 1st half last year vs. Dayton. Something like ā€œHe did it a year ago, therefore he MIGHT do it againā€?? :rolleyes:

[QUOTE]I hate to bring it up but thatā€™s why Coach K is the best in the game, even when they were up by 10 last night he was still riding his team and coaching for improvment.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but I had to get that out.

I personally did not attend or listen to Lutz Live last night, so I admit upfront I am commenting on 2nd hand information. Further, I am not discrediting the 2nd hand information, just trying to remain as objective as possible.

with that disclaimer in mindā€¦I am disappointed to hear that Lutz gave this response to the question. Yeah, I did see those games. So what. In my opinion, you can not pick and choose. It is the entire body of work, in other wordsā€¦the whole season. No I donā€™t expect this team to be perfect every game. But seeing similar patterns , a Sr. leader making poor shot selections in successive game (richmond and dayton) is not bad luck. It is a larger problem. What problem? I have no idea and wonā€™t try to speculate. But it does deserve some sort of caution (sitting down (note I did not use the ā€œBā€ word) for some part of the game) from the Coach.

Using Lutzā€™ logic, Iā€™m surprised he didnā€™t bring Leeā€™s run to end the 1st half last year vs. Dayton. Something like ā€œHe did it a year ago, therefore he MIGHT do it againā€?? :rolleyes:

Ditto, seems like poor responses, but like silvio I was not there, but if this is true, heā€™s not going to find support if he mocks or gets defensive like that with fans, whether they do it to him first or not. Its called being a bigger man, especially if you are a face of the school.

[IMG]http://www.abcwebworx.com/smilies/misc/misc56.gif[/IMG]

Sorry, but I had to get that out.

Sorry, but heā€™s right.

Well maybe he feels like since he won those games, all these ā€œlittle gamesā€ donā€™t matter. Thatā€™s what that response is saying to me. ā€œHey, I beat Clemson, pat me on the back for my greatness.ā€ I hope thatā€™s not how Bobby feels, but responding in that way kind of suggests that.