Lutz live tonight

Yeah, I remember her asking for money and I saw that it's like $8 to play. :lol:

Yep, that was her. She has expensive tastes already.:wacko:

[QUOTE=NinerATL2CHA;205285]Low turn out is also due to final exams, holiday migration, etc. I didnā€™t think there would be hardly anyone there.[/QUOTE]
Just wait for the next one on the 28thā€¦

[QUOTE=MKNiner;205291]Yep, that was her. She has expensive tastes already.:wacko:[/QUOTE]
:lmao: Most of them start earlyā€¦

[QUOTE=franchise49er;205266]NA. Weā€™re assuming that you called in for Lutz Live to express your thoughts that you posted on this following the IU game. You called in right? I hear ya[/QUOTE]

I was at the beach for the IU game with no phone of my own. I have called in a few times in the past, but your usual sarcasm is noted. When have you called in buddy?

My wife and I were there. On top of the low performance is the exam time for students. Lutz [I]did [/I]say at one point "well, we need to try some different sets and be able to change it up a little more. So were trying some sets other than man and 3-2." Has he been reading a book on defense and forgot to read past page 3, that there are other defensive sets to run?! I'm glad he realized there are more. The type of way he likes to have guys on the wings a 1-3-1 would work great except we don't have a reliable 5... I'm not a keyboard coach, I'm a fan, so I'm just hoping Bobby can figure something out that works. I [I]will [/I]suggest he bench DA once to show him there is a team without him. And that others can touch the ball too.

If we had a solid 5 defensively the 1-3-1 would work great, but since we donā€™t 3-2 is the next best thing and the assignments on rotation are much easier to understand, and since they canā€™t understand to make atleast 3 passes on offense itā€™s obvious confusing them is a bad thing. I hope it works out for him, I just donā€™t understand why he uses such ā€œcomplicated schemesā€ for his players. Defense isnā€™t rocket science, I know weā€™re not a large team but its not like we need gimmick defenses b/c we are terribly small either.

If we had a solid 5 defensively the 1-3-1 would work great, but since we don't 3-2 is the next best thing and the assignments on rotation are much easier to understand, and since they can't understand to make atleast 3 passes on offense it's obvious confusing them is a bad thing. I hope it works out for him, I just don't understand why he uses such "complicated schemes" for his players. Defense isn't rocket science, I know we're not a large team but its not like we need gimmick defenses b/c we are terribly small either.

The problem is weā€™re not running difficult schemes. Man-to-man (how far the pick defender steps up and blocks off the ball handler, when trailing whatā€™s the best line to cut off the ball handler, using the baseline as a defender, cutting off the ball handler on a fast break) gives problems. And when there is help defense for dribble penetration, everything breaks down.

Combined with on offense telegraphed passes and confused movement, I just donā€™t know if the coach doesnā€™t have the players scrimmage well against each other or the players just canā€™t put their heads and play into another gear on gamedays.

Sorry the ā€œcomplicated schemesā€ were in quotations b/c it was sarcasmā€¦ I agree I see chickenā€™s with their heads cut off with a better comprhension of where theyā€™re moving.

He talked about our matchup with Houston for a good bit. He wants his guys to try and take their time in the half court set because he thinks Houston will get impatient. He wants them to attack their trap because VCU did it and put up 100 against them. He also mentioned the injuries. He said that Lee was significantly slower defensively compared to last year which has really hurt (due to the knee and ankle). He mention that Dewhurst might be out anywhere from 1-8 weeks with the high ankle sprain and that JJ could play but would not be practicing.

Overall I though Coach did an excellent job of addressing the strenghts/weaknesses of this team. For all his faults, he knows the problems and recognizes them. Now he has to fix them. Many coaches fail to even acknowledge the problems. Bobby seems to have a very good understanding and I have to concur with 95% of what he said tonight.

Time to put his $ where his mouth isā€¦
Go Niners.