Lutz on Packman

[QUOTE=thelew1014;437306]Iā€™ve said it before, and Iā€™ll say it again.

TWCA.[/QUOTE]

So we should play all the big programs at TWCA. Wake Forrest, Maryland, Tennessee and the almighty Davidson.

[QUOTE=49timesthelovin;437325]So we should play all the big programs at TWCA. Wake Forrest, Maryland, Tennessee and the almighty Davidson.[/QUOTE]

No no no no

I donā€™t mind playing a few games at the Cable Box - but these programs should be rolling into Halton.

[QUOTE=casstommy;437307]And honestly, they would have been stupid to not dump us when they got the chance to play in the preseason NIT. I would have hoped we would have done the same thing.[/QUOTE]

Itā€™s what followed that was the problem. Charlotte moved the Winthrop game to our conference bye date so that Davidson could play us in December (after the preseason NIT).

If Davidson moved one of their own games on our behalf, I would hope that we would not do the same thing that they did. Fact is, when Charlotte had those ridiculously difficult non-conference skeds in the late 90s/early 00s, we did everything to keep the series going whether it was advantageous to us to have played Davidson or not. But when the shoe was on the other foot, Davidson shrugged its shoulders and let the series end.

Well one thing for certain - all this just makes me dislike them that much more. Certainly adds a new twist to the rivalry. We need to make sure that our student body knows the garbage they pulled by handing out flyers or something before next years game.

I hate to have to have this argument EVERY TIME we schedule a game at TWCA, but here we go again.

Do you want our program to gain notoriety? Do you want people who are not affiliated to take notice? Do you want to embrace the Uptown community or even South Charlotte?

Face it, people in Uptown or South Charlotte who are not season ticket holders have no desire or real reason to trek up to University City to catch a game. Accept that as a fact. We have done nothing to warrant that sort of following in over 5 years. People have short memory spans, no one remembers we used to be good.

We need to showcase our program versus top programs at a building we can use as an ASSET to our program. One of our selling points to recruits is being in a NBA city, so getting to play a couple games there would be a selling point to recruits.

[QUOTE=Charlotte2002;437332]I hate to have to have this argument EVERY TIME we schedule a game at TWCA, but here we go again.

Do you want our program to gain notoriety? Do you want people who are not affiliated to take notice? Do you want to embrace the Uptown community or even South Charlotte?

Face it, people in Uptown or South Charlotte who are not season ticket holders have no desire or real reason to trek up to University City to catch a game. Accept that as a fact. We have done nothing to warrant that sort of following in over 5 years. People have short memory spans, no one remembers we used to be good.

We need to showcase our program versus top programs at a building we can use as an ASSET to our program. One of our selling points to recruits is being in a NBA city, so getting to play a couple games there would be a selling point to recruits.[/QUOTE]

I donā€™t mind doing this from time to time. My issue is we are trying to build that exact passion with our own student body and if we are willing to always take big games out of Halton it cheats our students on an awesome college basketball experience. Playing a big game in TWCA instead of Halton is not the same game environment. Think those old Cincy games would have been as much fun in a bigger building?

Let me also edit this by saying my student days had us driving to the Coliseum on Tyvola and The Big I to watch games. I was so happy to finally have a real home arena that I get a little ticked when we start going back of campus. Playing games in those buildings did not do anything for getting the community more behind us - if anything it hurt us because our students didnā€™t show. I might not be very objective on this subject.

I definitely love the home-cooking at Halton but there is nothing sweeter for those of us who live in South Charlotte than riding the Lynx to a game. At the Maryland and WF games the trains were packed with Niner fansā€¦ like a pre-game party! I was also amazed at the kids in strollers. You donā€™t see too many parents go to the trouble of bringing small kids to Haltonā€¦ itā€™s too much of a hassle.

[QUOTE=NinerWupAss;437333]I donā€™t mind doing this from time to time. My issue is we are trying to build that exact passion with our own student body and if we are willing to always take big games out of Halton it cheats our students on an awesome college basketball experience. Playing a big game in TWCA instead of Halton is not the same game environment. Think those old Cincy games would have been as much fun in a bigger building?[/QUOTE]

Cincy had no choice to come to Halton, it was a conference game.

If we want to play some big boys, we have to play them at TWCA. I personally think we should play 1 game there per season.

[QUOTE=Charlotte2002;437336]Cincy had no choice to come to Halton, it was a conference game.[/QUOTE]

I was just comparing the game environment.

[QUOTE=4ever niner;437240]Oh, i love playing those boys. Beating them and their weasel of a coach is so sweet. By the way,their AD was yelling at Amanda Butler a few years ago at their placeā€“telling her to stop talking to the refs. Told him to stop talking to our coach. Didnā€™t know who he was until later.[/QUOTE]

Davidson Athletics Directorā€¦orā€¦7-11 Store Manager?

Tough call on whatā€™s the better job. Less work being Davidsonā€™s AD, but you get more respect being the manager of a convience store.

[QUOTE=NinerWupAss;437338]I was just comparing the game environment.[/QUOTE]

I found the environment at the Wake game to be just as exciting as at Halton. The lower bowl was pretty much completely filled, something we canā€™t even do at Halton most of the time. I loved that I could go out drinking before/after the game and walk to/from the arena. Made me wish our campus were downtown. I had people I worked with, who had no connection with the school (and never a word prior to say about the school) tell me they went and had a blast. Itā€™s definitely a good thing for the school and community.

[QUOTE=survivor45;437328]Itā€™s what followed that was the problem. Charlotte moved the Winthrop game to our conference bye date so that Davidson could play us in December (after the preseason NIT).
[/QUOTE]

it was the Jimmy V Classic, but they are still scumbags

As for TWC Arena, we need to branch out to the community, we canā€™t expect them to embrace us if we donā€™t embrace them. We still get big time opponents into Halton, weā€™ve gotten Indiana, Mississippi State, Clemson and now Georgia Tech into our building, a total of 3 games have been scheduled uptown, and as a student I know that having it TWC Arena generated buzz within the student body. Not to mention home games against great programs like Xavier, Dayton, Richmond and Temple will be in Halton over the next 2 seasons.

[QUOTE=Niner National;437346]I found the environment at the Wake game to be just as exciting as at Halton. The lower bowl was pretty much completely filled, something we canā€™t even do at Halton most of the time. I loved that I could go out drinking before/after the game and walk to/from the arena. Made me wish our campus were downtown. I had people I worked with, who had no connection with the school (and never a word prior to say about the school) tell me they went and had a blast. Itā€™s definitely a good thing for the school and community.[/QUOTE]

I had courtside seats for both games at TWCA so, I definitely thought the atmosphere was greatā€¦

TWCA = BEER

[QUOTE=s9er;437352]TWCA = BEER[/QUOTE]

SOLD!!!

[QUOTE=s9er;437352]TWCA = [SIZE=7]$7[/SIZE]BEER[/QUOTE]

fixed

How much does a beer cost in Halton?

[QUOTE=Charlotte2002;437357]How much does a beer cost in Halton?[/QUOTE]

what beer at halton?

[QUOTE=itsbraille49;437358]what beer at halton?[/QUOTE]

Haha, that was my point.

[QUOTE=Charlotte2002;437357]How much does a beer cost in Halton?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=itsbraille49;437358]what beer at halton?[/QUOTE]