Lutz on Packman

[QUOTE=cibik02;437364]You are correct, there is NO Beer.

But a rather extensive selection of shooter bottles in the bathrooms. :wink:[/QUOTE]

I am always amused by the collection of empty bottles in the bathroom.

I was enrolled during the Big I/Charlotte Coliseum era so I certainly see the reasoning behind wanting to avoid the new Arena. With that said, the atmosphere at TW when we played Wake/Maryland was terrific and I didn’t sense that anyone minded the drive uptown.

And I also noticed something at both games that I don’t notice at Halton: New faces. I see the same people at Halton (which is great) but at the Arena, I saw average fans with no loyalties towards either team. They were there for the sport and looking to latch on to a team. Uptown is loaded with a lot of money and people looking for someone to get behind. I don’t mind playing up there once or twice per season if it means we increase both our presence and fan base.

And it gives us beer drinkers more options as well with all the establishments around the arena. And I can take light rail after having too many of them. :smile:

[QUOTE=Charlotte2002;437336]Cincy had no choice to come to Halton, it was a conference game.

If we want to play some big boys, we have to play them at TWCA. I personally think we should play 1 game there per season.[/QUOTE]
Louisville shouldn’t make us play at the cable box, afterall they have played at Halton numerous times! But they haven’t said yet whether or not it will be at TWCA

[QUOTE=ChevEE;437349]I had courtside seats for both games at TWCA so, I definitely thought the atmosphere was great…[/QUOTE]
That is one of my favorite things about the arena b/c my season tixs are a hell of a lot better there!

[QUOTE=s9er;437352]TWCA = BEER[/QUOTE]
That is definitely a plus except when your game starts at 11am (Maryland game)

Louisville will not be playing at TWCA or Halton. It is only one game at their place.

[QUOTE=Niner National;437380]Louisville will not be playing at TWCA or Halton. It is only one game at their place.[/QUOTE]

really? I thought they were coming back next year…

We should ALWAYS play davidson. The emotional intensity of a cross-county rivalry is what college sports is all about. If anyone disagrees, I don’t understand what they get out of sports by preferring to play an emotionless game like Mercer instead of davidson. Just sayin’.

As long as we are playing teams like Mercer and North Texas we should be playing Davidson. I would much rather have an emotionally charged game against them, even if they have become irrelevant, than against an irrelevant team from outside the area.

[QUOTE=49er1;437421]We should ALWAYS play davidson. The emotional intensity of a cross-county rivalry is what college sports is all about. If anyone disagrees, I don’t understand what they get out of sports by preferring to play an emotionless game like Mercer instead of davidson. Just sayin’.[/QUOTE]

It’s not a rivalry when it’s 26-10.

[QUOTE=bleedsgreenandgold;437440]It’s not a rivalry when it’s 26-10.[/QUOTE]

Did we have a rivalry with Cincy?

I know this is beating a dead horse but I think that we should still be playing Cincinnati even if Huggins is at WV. Or maybe play WV…

I’d much rather play UC than WVU.

[QUOTE=Powerbait;437446]Did we have a rivalry with Cincy?[/QUOTE]

That rivalry was based off of violence and hate. What’s the rivalry with Davidson based off of? Geographic location?

[QUOTE=bleedsgreenandgold;437449]That rivalry was based off of violence and hate. What’s the rivalry with Davidson based off of? Geographic location?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, which is what is the basis for most rivalries.

[QUOTE=Powerbait;437446]Did we have a rivalry with Cincy?[/QUOTE]

yep----according to 90% of the Cincy fans and ESPN at the time it was.

[QUOTE=Charlotte2002;437332]I hate to have to have this argument EVERY TIME we schedule a game at TWCA, but here we go again.

Do you want our program to gain notoriety? Do you want people who are not affiliated to take notice? Do you want to embrace the Uptown community or even South Charlotte?

Face it, people in Uptown or South Charlotte who are not season ticket holders have no desire or real reason to trek up to University City to catch a game. Accept that as a fact. We have done nothing to warrant that sort of following in over 5 years. People have short memory spans, no one remembers we used to be good.

We need to showcase our program versus top programs at a building we can use as an ASSET to our program. One of our selling points to recruits is being in a NBA city, so getting to play a couple games there would be a selling point to recruits.[/QUOTE]This.

[QUOTE=Powerbait;437446]Did we have a rivalry with Cincy?[/QUOTE]We usually played them during [B]“Rivalry Week”[/B] on ESPN or ESPN2.

[QUOTE=bleedsgreenandgold;437449]That rivalry was based off of violence and hate. What’s the rivalry with Davidson based off of? Geographic location?[/QUOTE]

I already stated elsewhere that their coach was a weasel and I implied that their AD was a jackass. Seems like a little hatred to me.

[QUOTE=Powerbait;437450]Yeah, which is what is the basis for most rivalries.[/QUOTE]

So we should have a rivalry with Queens or JCSU? Just because two schools are close in proximity doesn’t mean it should be natural rivalry.

[URL]http://www.davidsoncats.com/viewtopic.php?t=10649[/URL]

Davidson fans react to the news that the series is back on.

[QUOTE=casstommy;438612][URL]http://www.davidsoncats.com/viewtopic.php?t=10649[/URL]

Davidson fans react to the news that the series is back on.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[B][SIZE=2]NYStateOfMind[/SIZE][/B]

[SIZE=1]Joined: 04 Mar 2008
[/SIZE]
[URL=http://www.davidsoncats.com/viewtopic.php?p=116603#116603][SIZE=1][/SIZE][/URL][SIZE=1]Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:30 am[/SIZE][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][SIZE=1] Post subject: [/SIZE][URL=http://www.davidsoncats.com/posting.php?mode=quote&p=116603][SIZE=1][/SIZE][/URL] [SIZE=2]I certainly don’t speak for Bob, but there is a underlying feeling within the coaching business of who runs their programs in, let’s say, somewhat of a gray area. Lutz falls into that category.

I can tell you there are coaches even at UNCC that feel that way. I am sure that no one is perfect when it comes to NCAA rules, but if I was to guess, Bob likes to steer away from these type of programs, especially if they happen to be in his own home town.[/SIZE]
[/QUOTE]

Wow, you would think if we were cheating we would be winning more than 11 games year… :huh: