Lutz on WFNZ Shortly

[i]Originally posted by jcl49er+Jan 20 2005, 09:20 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (jcl49er @ Jan 20 2005, 09:20 AM)
[i]Originally posted by Normmm[/i]@Jan 20 2005, 09:11 AM [b] Again, the only reason I might complain about an ACC school is because that is who is getting more coverage than the 49ers in the local media. It has nothing to do with them being in the ACC. If they were in the PAC10 and they led off the local sportscast every night, then I would complain about that too. I don't care what's going on up I85, that's exactly why I might complain about it. The local media is not from up I85, but rather I77, that's why I care. [/b]
Have you picked up an Observer this season Normmm?? We have had more coverage in the paper this season, than we have had in the last 3 combined. There is something in the paper about us virtually 7 days a week this season.

Iā€™m convinced that some people will just never be satisfied no matter what but if you can honestly gripe about local coverage THIS season then yes, weā€™ll just have to disagree. Weā€™ve gotten as much, if not more coverage than the ACC as a whole if you ask me. They may have neglected us in the past but the Observer had done a great job this season. But thatā€™s what happens when you get on winning streaks and beat teams youā€™re supposed to beat.

[i]Originally posted by SilvioDante+Jan 20 2005, 08:28 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (SilvioDante @ Jan 20 2005, 08:28 AM)

The assistant coach issue is a double-edged sword for a program like ours: You canā€™t afford to bring in proven people and if the ones you do have are any good, another program just pays them more to come join them. With our budget, thatā€™s not going to change because we canā€™t afford to match salaries with most of the bigger schools.

I actually think Plav would make a great assitant coach. Not because of what he does/doesnā€™t do on the court but because heā€™s a VERY smart kid, mature beyond his years, knows the game of basketball and is a great motivator. Everyone has to start somewhere and assistant coaching may be his true calling.

[i]Originally posted by jcl49er+Jan 20 2005, 12:24 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (jcl49er @ Jan 20 2005, 12:24 PM)
[i]Originally posted by Normmm[/i]@Jan 20 2005, 11:53 AM [b] Thought we were talking about WFNZ. [/b]
Sorry, peoples' points tend to get lost among all the bitching, moaning, complaining, griping, clamoring and whining that goes on around here after we lose only the 3rd game of the 15 we've played so far.
[i]Originally posted by jcl49er[/i]@Jan 20 2005, 11:37 AM [b]The assistant coach issue is a double-edged sword for a program like ours: You can't afford to bring in proven people and if the ones you do have are any good, another program just pays them more to come join them. With our budget, that's not going to change because we can't afford to match salaries with most of the bigger schools.

[/b]

Absolutely.

This brings me back to my original point. As much as football may add to this schoolā€™s athletic department, where will the money come from? Last time I checked football costs more than basketball. This is a ā€œtop 30ā€ basketball program that appears to run on a ā€œtop 100ā€ budget.

Lutz & his staff deserve credit for maximizing their $$$$. I would like to know what is being done to grow basketball revenues. Especially since Mrs. Rose no longer has to worry about being pressured into starting footballā€¦ or whatever it was that Metro said he/she heard.

Some sort of change is needed to improve where the Athletic Dept. is right now. A new AD?? I dunno. Iā€™m not close enough to the program. But I would like to see something tangible in the very near future.