Lutz reprimanded by school

I know most of you believe Lutz walks on water, but someone on the coaching staff has to act like a grown-up and set the example for the team. We have seen this behavior from Bobby ever since he has been at Charlotte. He lets his emotions get the best of him as evidenced by the number of technicals he receives. From what I have heard, this is one of the reasons his contract was not extended two years ago.

The big deal is: Bobby can’t be allowed to act in a manner detrimental to the team. For example, Lutz would have disciplined any of his players had they gone over to the opposing team’s huddle and stuck their finger in the coach’s face. Why should Judy of Dubois permit Bobby to act this way?

Never let a chance to bash Bobby get away from you. Good job.

We have seen this behavior from Bobby ever since he has been at Charlotte. He lets his emotions get the best of him as evidenced by the number of technicals he receives. From what I have heard, this is one of the reasons his contract was not extended two years ago.

The big deal is: Bobby can’t be allowed to act in a manner detrimental to the team. For example, Lutz would have disciplined any of his players had they gone over to the opposing team’s huddle and stuck their finger in the coach’s face. Why should Judy of Dubois permit Bobby to act this way?

I agree sportsmanship etc is important. However this was a scrimmage. This was not an official game. I frankly am offended by those who are “offended by Lutz sideline demeanor.” I politely say to you, or Dale Halton, or “insert the booster who doesn’t like Janet Lutz yelling or Bobby yelling” that you are wrong. Just my .02.

[QUOTE=s9er;359062]

Ricky from Better off Dead

I want my two dollars!!![/QUOTE]

“Ricky, I’m really sorry your mom blew up.”

[QUOTE=metro;359081]I agree sportsmanship etc is important. However this was a scrimmage. This was not an official game. I frankly am offended by those who are “offended by Lutz sideline demeanor.” I politely say to you, or Dale Halton, or “insert the booster who doesn’t like Janet Lutz yelling or Bobby yelling” that you are wrong. Just my .02.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Bobby has passion for the game and defends his team. Not sure what the issue is here.

[QUOTE=my email to the fat guy]

Charles,

I’m Lewis Morgan, a Charlotte student (didn’t really know what to put there). Since research obviously isn’t a requirement for a piece in the Stanly News and Press, let me fill in the holes.

Last year, this same type of play happened, multiple times. Pfeiffer players undercut our men multiple times, and Bobby Lutz shouted across the court to Davis that “If your players keep that up, you’ll never play in Halton Arena again.”

This year, we gave your boys another chance. They came in, and as in the past, played dirty. Whether you want to believe it or not, Bobby and the 49ers did you a favor. Your team was able to play in front of 6,000 people, almost three times the capacity of your gym. Whether it was a dirty play or not your team’s reputation preceded it. Bobby came into the Pfeiffer huddle and said “Never again. Never, ever again.”

This time, I hope that he meant it.[/QUOTE]

Will post his reply when I get it.

That email whips ass Lew.

Lutz has his extension. I really couldn’t care less if some “big” booster doesn’t like his sideline behavior. They’re probably already ticked he got the extension to begin with.

Bobby toned down last year. If memory serves I don’t believe he got a single tech. What happened in the exhibition game is not an indicator he’s gone back to his “old” ways. A player of his went down hard on a dirty play that wasn’t even whistled as a foul. It was done by a school who seems to like to play dirty when they come into our house and play in a game that means nothing save they get a check for coming in. He had every right to be ticked and every right to do what he did.

If some money bags, our AD or chancellor don’t like it…I say shut up and deal. I’m with Bobby on this one.

[QUOTE=spartyniner;358944]Maybe he did cross the line, but he has admitted that so case closed. [/QUOTE]

I think I said somewhere on here before that I understand his frustration at what was not being called on the court.

Also, I was surprised he went to the other team’s huddle. However, his actions after the game (apologizing to the other coach) should count for something. That’s where this story should’ve ended.

I’m sure every team has supporters that like to throw their weight ("$$$$") around. The fact that a public statement was made by Judy (if it was her idea or someone elses (chp?)) is disappointing, in my opinion.

It will be interesting as the school tries to court more significant donors (that somehow add up to $40 million) to see how much influence they are given.

He apologized pre “reprimand”… That should have done the trick, perhaps Judy wanted to see her name in the paper???
This wasn’t needed, Bobby owned up to it on his own accord after the game. I’d rather see a man nut up and apologize without provocation than see some BS from the AD just to make 'em look like they are taking a stand.

I’m proud that my 2000th post was the picture of Ricky… That is the kind of substance I want to be remembered for.

“My passion for one of my players got the best of me,” Lutz explained. “I voiced my displeasure to the opposing coach and longtime friend Dave Davis and I apologized to him immediately after the game. At this time I would like to publicly apologize for the mistake in my behavior.”
Lutz is man enough to admit he was wrong. Too bad some of our fans can't do the same.:doh:
Lutz is man enough to admit he was wrong. Too bad some of our fans can't do the same.:doh:

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

please try to get into reality!

press releases are forced words

That should have done the trick, perhaps Judy wanted to see her name in the paper???

I remember the last time Memphis came to Halton and things got a little heated during a time out. It broke up, no big problems, but Judy took it upon herself to run over from where she was sitting to talk to the players and say “Remember good sportsmanship guys.” Made me want to puke that she did that.

[QUOTE=thelew1014;359092]

. . . let me fill in [B][I]the holes[/I][/B] . . .

Will post his reply when I get it.[/QUOTE]

Do you know for a fact that he graduated from chapel hole? :tongue:

I remember the last time Memphis came to Halton and things got a little heated during a time out. It broke up, no big problems, but Judy took it upon herself to run over from where she was sitting to talk to the players and say "Remember good sportsmanship guys." Made me want to puke that she did that.

its astonishing how lame she is

her haircut is more offensive than Bobby’s temper

because its news?

Why did you end that with a question mark? Are you not sure if it was news or not?

It's called "news."

Mike you seem to be sure that it is news. It just seems like you really rushed to get the news out there as quick as possible. I’m on the press release email list and I got the message the same time you and Jim did.

It would be really nice to see you use the same passion and determination to get the news out there as soon as possible when 49ers achieve positive accomplishments.

I am a Lutz supporter, but it is kind of hard to argue for his behavior when no foul was called and it was an exhibition game.
If Pheiffer’s reputation precedes it, I guess Bobby’s does also.

I love his passion but his emotions do get the best of him and it has hurt our team at times in the past.

To the poster that stated “its over and it will not happen again” I will take that bet.

I was there and saw the play too. I never once thought it was dirty. The player was VERY late trying to draw a charge but it was not dirty. As a matter of fact, he was so late…that’s why there was no whistle. The contact basically took place under the basket.

Plus…it’s just my opinion…but I have no problem with Lutz’ passion and sideline antics. But you do not go INTO the other team’s huddle and point and scream at coaches and players…you just don’t. That sets a poor example for the players you are leading and is also extremely childish.

There was a play several years ago where an opposing team coach called out one of our players during a game and Bobby made a point to talk about that and how unacceptable it was. And that wasnn’t in a huddle, during a stop in play for all to see…it was while the game was going on.

You can argue all day whether a “public” reprimand was “necessary.” But I’m very glad it was addressed and that Lutz did the right thing privately AND publicly. A leader at this level must do that regardless of whether there was a justification for any sort of a tirade or not. And sorry, but I still don’t think the play was dirty or bad enough to justify what he did.

My 3.5 cents.

Everyone knows this exhibition was Pheiffer’s ‘Super Bowl’ for the year, and they played like it. For the Niners it was to be a good warmup, a chance to kick the tires and drive around the block to tune things up. The fact that one of our starters took a cheap shot and the Coach made an issue of it is appropriate. Sportsmanship is a two-way street -> It’s not martyrdom. It’s not like Lutz pulled a Chaney.

Now, can Coach Lutz please go to the mens room by himself?

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Hey guys,[/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]I meant to post this Sunday but I just wanted to show you how sh*&#y my hometown newspaper is – The Stanly News & Press. The sports editor received his degree from Pfeiffer. Pfeiffer is right outside my hometown of Albemarle so I am familiar with Coach Lutz’s history there. As kids, we used to attend his team camp. Yeah, Sunday was a funny day at our house. My brother and I, both English/Journalism majors are Charlotte alums and got a real kick out of this: [/FONT][/SIZE][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]http://www.thesnaponline.com/sports/local_story_315084652.html?keyword=secondarystory[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]It sucks so bad you can’t even respond to the ideas and lack of argument he is trying to present in his article. Please don’t think everyone from Stanly County is like this. I mean I know he has to stick up for his alma-meter as well do I but come on, what game was he watching? What do ya’ll think?[/SIZE][/FONT]

Wow.

You guys are amazing.

Absolutely nothing wrong with this article.

He makes a good point that no one from Pfieffer lost their cool after Bobby’s tirade and that’s his only point.

What’s wrong with that?

Amazing what those Green Tinted glasses can do for one’s reading ability.

Said it in a previoUs thread.

YOU DON’T GO INTO ANOTHER TEAMS HUDDLE. PERIOD.

The public reprimand is crap and Lutz probably thought he had settled this already but the fact remains he was out of line and anyone that has ever played sports knows it.

C’mon Metro, you played at a higher level than probably anyone on this board. What do think would happen if you went into an opposing dugout screaming at someone? Nothing good I dare say. Ever have someone hit a dinger off of you and showboat show you up? What did you do? I dare say you stuck it in his ear the next time you saw him up. That’s how it’s done. You don’t go into the dugout even if you want to.

Things happen in the heat of the moment and I understand this, but there are certain things you just don’t do and this is one of them. If I was a player and another coach came over screaming and pointing in our huddle, I’d be the one having to be restrained.