Lutz reprimanded by school

hey spartyniner, who is that hot chick below your profile name? You might not want to mess with her you being freshman and all, she looks like she might be married!

And ramblnman comes in with a bang! Ha!

This gives the appearance of someone “building” a file, just in case they need an out. I know for a fact that coach has been asked to change his court side behavior by the Administration and large boosters. The fact they went public is not a good sign for Coach Lutz, especially since he had already publicly appologized to Pfeiffer and coach Davis.

[QUOTE=Max Power;358928]I have no problem with the “reprimand.” In the spirit of good sportsmanship and setting a good example for the students, I can understand why the school thought a public apology was in order.

At the same time, I love the fact that Lutz has this kind of fire in him. It is this kind of thing that energizes the team and the crowd. Lutz isn’t out there just to collect a paycheck… he loves this school and desperately wants to win every game.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with Max. This situation is actually nothing but good PR for the men’s basketball program for reasons Max sited. Judy touches all the bases and everybody wants to see a passionate coach.

This gives the appearance of someone "building" a file, just in case they need an out. I know for a fact that coach has been asked to change his court side behavior by the Administration and large boosters. The fact they went public is not a good sign for Coach Lutz, especially since he had already publicly appologized to Pfeiffer and coach Davis.

great point

its nice when people think about what is “really” happening

[QUOTE=metro;358918]

Bush league on Dubois and Judy

I don’t know how BL deals with these pc clowns…really. This is example A for why the industry knows this job is second rate…no support
[/QUOTE]

QFT

First they belittle Bobby with the whole Davidson ordeal, now this ‘public reprimand.’ What other D1 coach has to deal with this crap??

After all these years Bobby still has this much passion. In a pre-season game no less! I love this guy!

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Hey guys,[/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]I meant to post this Sunday but I just wanted to show you how sh*&#y my hometown newspaper is – The Stanly News & Press. The sports editor received his degree from Pfeiffer. Pfeiffer is right outside my hometown of Albemarle so I am familiar with Coach Lutz’s history there. As kids, we used to attend his team camp. Yeah, Sunday was a funny day at our house. My brother and I, both English/Journalism majors are Charlotte alums and got a real kick out of this: [/FONT][/SIZE][URL=http://www.thesnaponline.com/sports/local_story_315084652.html?keyword=secondarystory][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]http://www.thesnaponline.com/sports/local_story_315084652.html?keyword=secondarystory[/SIZE][/FONT][/URL]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]It sucks so bad you can’t even respond to the ideas and lack of argument he is trying to present in his article. Please don’t think everyone from Stanly County is like this. I mean I know he has to stick up for his alma-meter as well do I but come on, what game was he watching? What do ya’ll think?[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Hey guys,[/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]I meant to post this Sunday but I just wanted to show you how sh*&#y my hometown newspaper is – The Stanly News & Press. The sports editor received his (ahem, cough, cough) degree from Pfeiffer. Pfeiffer is right outside my hometown of Albemarle so I am familiar with Coach Lutz’s history there. As kids, we used to attend his team camp. Yeah, Sunday was a funny day at our house. My brother and I, both English/Journalism majors are Charlotte alums and got a real kick out of this: [/FONT][/SIZE][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]http://www.thesnaponline.com/sports/local_story_315084652.html?keyword=secondarystory[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]It sucks so bad you can’t even respond to the ideas and lack of argument he is trying to present in his article. Please don’t think everyone from Stanly County is like this. I mean I know he has to stick up for his alma-meter as well as do I but come on, what game was he watching? What do ya’ll think?[/SIZE][/FONT]

It’s a load of biased bull. How do you run into someone and have both feet planted at the same time? They’d been playing quasi-dirty the whole game and the refs had been missing a lot of calls. Just because no foul was called that night does not mean there was no foul. It’s not a matter of what side I was rooting for. I simply saw the play.

If playing dirty (in an exhibition no less) and then not doing anything when the other team’s coach yells at you is what you consider classy, you need to go back to class-nazi school.

It's a load of biased bull.
That's something we're not used to........ the local paper taking the side of the hometown team.............

Enough said… Charles Curcio, Sports Editor, Stanly News and Press.

Contact: (704) 982-2121 ext 12, or charles@stanlynewspress.com

Enough said... Charles Curcio, Sports Editor, Stanly News and Press.

Contact: (704) 982-2121 ext 12, or charles@stanlynewspress.com

I think we should lay off the guy. No harm here. Especially when our own AD didn’t like the move.

agree with 49x, the guy writes for a newspaper serving Stanly County so his life sucks enough as is

[QUOTE=arn;359040]agree with 49x, the guy writes for a newspaper serving Stanly County so his life sucks enough as is[/QUOTE]

:lmao:

[QUOTE=Ninerwood;358952]This gives the appearance of someone “building” a file, just in case they need an out. I know for a fact that coach has been asked to change his court side behavior by the Administration and large boosters. The fact they went public is not a good sign for Coach Lutz, especially since he had already publicly appologized to Pfeiffer and coach Davis.[/QUOTE]

Well! they can get all pissy and build all they want to. The coin also has the other side (no pun intended); mess with coach Lutz and my contribution could stop coming, too.:doh:

[QUOTE=HP49er;359037]Enough said… Charles Curcio, Sports Editor, Stanly News and Press.

Contact: (704) 982-2121 ext 12, or charles@stanlynewspress.com[/QUOTE]

Butterball here can get out of stanley by trying out for 3rd string back up with the chapel hole disturber.:shades: BTW, just a suggestion if he wanted to go far; he’ll need to work on the cold cut face stuffing look.:shades:

I am happy that there was a public apology article in Sports Illustrated in addition to the previous apologies because I was deeply offended. Lutz should have called everyone by telephone, too.

Of course, my hyper-sensitivity is so heightened that mama and papa won’t let me watch the movie ‘Hoosiers’.

Also, I believe that every time that a baseball pitcher hits a someone with a pitch, Charlotte should buy a full page apology in the Observer - with a picture of the baseball coach dressed up like a sad mime w/a single tear rolling down his cheek and the words [B]‘I’M SORRY’[/B]

[QUOTE=The 49ers Insider;358824]Mike.

Why did you start this thread?[/QUOTE]
Because the school released the statement. Do we want the O to cover us or not. I’m so confused.

[QUOTE=49timesthelovin;358883]I’m actually surprised he didn’t get run when he went over and yelled at Davis. I was expecting a second tech for that. It would have been interesting to see your coach get tossed in an exhibition.[/QUOTE]
Me too.

[QUOTE=49or bust;358898]I’m not surprised because it’s just the politics of collegiate sports. I don’t think Bobby really needed to apologize, but I’m not surprised.
No biggy. DiJaun’s not hurt and we still have a season ahead of us. Let’s go win a championship, boys.[/QUOTE]
Agree.

[QUOTE=arn;359040]agree with 49x, the guy writes for a newspaper serving Stanly County so his life sucks enough as is[/QUOTE]
:lmao:

I am happy that there was a public apology article in Sports Illustrated in addition to the previous apologies because I was deeply offended. Lutz should have called everyone by telephone, too.

Of course, my hyper-sensitivity is so heightened that mama and papa won’t let me watch the movie ‘Hoosiers’.

Also, I believe that every time that a baseball pitcher hits a someone with a pitch, Charlotte should buy a full page apology in the Observer - with a picture of the baseball coach dressed up like a sad mime w/a single tear rolling down his cheek and the words ‘I’M SORRY’

:lol::lol::thumbsup:

[QUOTE=HP49er;359037]Enough said… Charles Curcio, Sports Editor, Stanly News and Press.

Contact: (704) 982-2121 ext 12, or charles@stanlynewspress.com[/QUOTE]

Ricky from Better off Dead

I want my two dollars!!!

Good lord you’re right, he probably does live with his mother and a french exchange student who can magically fix camaros.

French exchange student: “He’s always has his testicles all over me.”

John Cusack: “His testicles?”

FES: “Yes, like the octopus.”

JC: “Oh, Tentacles!”

I know most of you believe Lutz walks on water, but someone on the coaching staff has to act like a grown-up and set the example for the team. We have seen this behavior from Bobby ever since he has been at Charlotte. He lets his emotions get the best of him as evidenced by the number of technicals he receives. From what I have heard, this is one of the reasons his contract was not extended two years ago.

The big deal is: Bobby can’t be allowed to act in a manner detrimental to the team. For example, Lutz would have disciplined any of his players had they gone over to the opposing team’s huddle and stuck their finger in the coach’s face. Why should Judy of Dubois permit Bobby to act this way?