Lutz to Iowa State as an Assistant

Per report on Twitter, Hoiberg has hired Bobby as an assistant.

Fan reaction seems pretty positive…

Cyclonefanatic.com: Bobby Lutz hired

Congrats and good luck Coach!!!

Best wishes, Bobby!

[font=Lucida Grande][size=14px]goodmanonfox
[/size][/font]This guy is on fire. RT @[/color]sportstalkmatt: #Scoop[color=rgb(145, 143, 145)] - Bobby Lutz has been hired by Iowa State HC Hoiberg. Been told by source that it’s done.

Way to go, Lutzy! Best wishes.

Best of luck to you Bobby! Show Melvin, Mike, Rick (and especially Dalonte) what you’ve got.

Congrats and good luck!

Good luck to Coach Lutz. Lots of good memories of the Niners during his tenure as HC here. Iowa State landed a good man and quality coach.

Good luck Coach. Get you some good snow boots and a corn cookbook. ;D

Who are Mike & Rick, HP?

[quote=“stonecoldken, post:9, topic:23378”]Who are Mike & Rick, HP?[/quote]I’m gonna go with Rick Barnes and Mike Anderson.

Good Luck Lutz. He’s definitely a top notch person. Iowa State got a good assistant. Hoiberg definitely needs guys that have experience around him, he’s as inexperienced as it gets.

Wow, so much for the idea he would stay close to “home”. Does this relieve us of the “Buyout”?

I thought it had to be a head coaching gig to relieve us.

I think you’re correct moss

Good luck, coach! Will def be rooting for Iowa St to do well while Lutz is there.

glad bobby is back coaching! iowa st. surprises me a little, thought he would stay local or at least in the South.

Congrats to Bobby. Hope he gets another HC job in the future.

I’m a little surprised too, because of the distance. Congratulations Bobby. Good luck to you.

Congratulations and Good Luck, Coach Lutz ! ! !

With our buy out and his new salary, he will be a very wealthy assistant coach next year!!