Lutz to S. Alabama???

Itā€™s sad that our program has fallen to such a level that Cliff Ellis would feel comfortable recommending Bobby for this, and that South Alabama would feel comfortable making the call to our Athletic Department.
:pout:

[QUOTE=the daxified one;231220]
read my updated post above[/QUOTE]

Gotcha.

It's sad that our program has fallen to such a level that Cliff Ellis would feel comfortable recommending Bobby for this, and that South Alabama would feel comfortable making the call to our Athletic Department. :pout:

thank you

[QUOTE=run49er;231225]For Lutz to have done the equivalent of what Smith did would have been for Lutz to have taken the Bona job. Basically going from an upper tier team in a conference to one at the bottom of the same league.

Lutz moving from Charlotte to South Alabama would be the equivalent of Dan Monsonā€™s move (albeit a forced one) from Minnesota to Long Beach State. #10 A-10 to #21 Sun Belt vs. #4 Big 10 to #16 Big West.[/QUOTE]

Tubby switched leagues.

Itā€™s all just a means to an end, I would love to see him take the USA job!

[QUOTE=ChampNiner;231244]Tubby switched leagues.[/QUOTE]
Oops!!! Thatā€™s right! I do know the difference between the Big 10 and the SEC. Gosh, my 47 year old brain needs a tune-up! :tongue:

Thanks, Champ!!!

Position is for $300,000 max. Lutz is making $400,000 now.

[QUOTE=marcushe;231253]Position is for $300,000 max. Lutz is making $400,000 now.[/QUOTE]

he makes more than that in total compensation. Itā€™s probably closer to $575k-$600k

This is the stupidest thread of the week.

it isnā€™t really stupid because they are looking at him.

[QUOTE=the daxified one;231263]it isnā€™t really stupid because they are looking at him.[/QUOTE]

and youā€™re looking at pr0nstars whilst fwapping away. Neither of you have a chance to land them.

[QUOTE=eason49;231193]I have no knowledge of that game, but North Texasā€™ players were yelling at 104 and then they jumped up and down on the 49ersā€™ logo.

Coleman shouldā€™ve ran in and decked them.[/QUOTE]

Coleman shouldā€™ve scored more points.

[QUOTE=ice_cold49er;231235]Itā€™s sad that our program has fallen to such a level that Cliff Ellis would feel comfortable recommending Bobby for this, and that South Alabama would feel comfortable making the call to our Athletic Department.
:pout:[/QUOTE]

So if we had a job openingā€¦and contactedā€¦lets just sayā€¦Coach Kā€¦to be our next coachā€¦would that mean that Dukes program had fallen? I dont get it?

[URL=http://www.charlotte.com/144/story/81615.html][COLOR=black]http://www.charlotte.com/144/story/81615.html[/COLOR][/URL]
[URL=http://www.charlotte.com/144/story/81615.html][COLOR=#000000][/COLOR][/URL]

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;231261]he makes more than that in total compensation. Itā€™s probably closer to $575k-$600k

This is the stupidest thread of the week.[/QUOTE]

I donā€™t think Lutz is making that much NA. We know base salaries canā€™t be extravagant in the UNC system. My guess is more like 450K (225K base plus camps, radio show, private money but I still donā€™t see how that would double it). Would be nice to know this figure.

Sounds like a low income version of NC Stateā€™s hiring debacle.

South Alabama thinks they are better than they actually are and tries to hire a coach that is out of their ability.

Note to South Alabama: Hill may be looking for a job a year from now.

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;231270]I donā€™t think Lutz is making that much NA. We know base salaries canā€™t be extravagant in the UNC system. My guess is more like 450K (225K base plus camps, radio show, private money but I still donā€™t see how that would double it). Would be nice to know this figure.[/QUOTE]
Donā€™t know if he falls in the same catagory as professors on campus, but they are state emplyees and their salaries are on public record on the 9th or 10th floor of the library.

[QUOTE=ChevEE;231272]Donā€™t know if he falls in the same catagory as professors on campus, but they are state emplyees and their salaries are on public record on the 9th or 10th floor of the library.[/QUOTE]

TO THE LIBRARY!!!

So if we had a job opening....and contacted...lets just say....Coach K...to be our next coach....would that mean that Dukes program had fallen? I dont get it?

Coach Kā€™s name didnā€™t pop up one time during this years merry go round of coaches. It wouldnā€™t mean that Dukes program had fallen, it would mean that Judy Rose spent too much on the phone bill.

[QUOTE=casstommy;231273]TO THE LIBRARY!!![/QUOTE]
Kevin can tell you where. He went up there our senior year. Pretty amazing what some of those engineering professors are making.

[QUOTE=casstommy;231267]So if we had a job openingā€¦and contactedā€¦lets just sayā€¦Coach Kā€¦to be our next coachā€¦would that mean that Dukes program had fallen? I dont get it?[/QUOTE]
When so-called successful A-10 coaches move, it usually isnā€™t in that direction. For exampleā€¦

Thad Mattaā€¦Xavier to Ohio State.

Pete Gillenā€¦Xavier to UVa.

Skip Prosserā€¦Xavier to Wake Forest.

Jim Beilenā€¦Richmond to West Virginia.

Al Skinnerā€¦Rhode Island to Boston College.

Jim Harrickā€¦Rhode Island to Georgia.

John Calipariā€¦UMass to NBA (NJ Nets).

Jerry Wainwrightā€¦Richmond to DePaul.

Mike Jarvisā€¦GW to St. Johnā€™s.

Oliver Purnellā€¦Dayton to Clemson.

Every one of those moves was to a BCS-conference or the NBA.

Bobby moving to South Alabama would be right up there with Fat Patā€™s move from DePaul to Montana, IMHO.

[QUOTE=cakewalk5;231271]Sounds like a low income version of NC Stateā€™s hiring debacle.

South Alabama thinks they are better than they actually are and tries to hire a coach that is out of their ability.

Note to South Alabama: Hill may be looking for a job a year from now.[/QUOTE]

Base salaries are low for all in-state coaches. Itā€™s the booster money, endorsements, camp money, TV, radio (all guaranteed) that gets them up in the million dollar range, at least at NCSU and UNC CH where the financial support is tremendous.